Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Meh, I'm skipping this league in favor of WoW classic and AoE2 Definitive Edition anyway.

Hoping for a proper elementalist rework in 3.9. It'd be nice being able to play a great elementalist build again over christmas.
I just started playing this build a few days ago in SSF in standard. It took awhile but I kept the faith and soldiered on and it's really starting to sing now. Just crafted a low level assassin's mark ring and got to put in hypothermia for PCoC and wow... lots more fun!

Anyway, just wanted to say that I hope you'll be able to update it for 3.8. It's a lot of fun once you get even halfway decent gear. I did find that using lightning spire trap was essential to make bosses easier but other than that, awesome guide. Learned a lot and I've been playing POE for many years. Just got spoiled by trade. Forces you to really understand some of the more subtle mechanics when you have to make so many gear compromises. Here's my current gear. Got quite a shite roll on the regal for my diamond ring but spent over 500 alts to get the curse roll so i'm keeping it until i find another shaper ring:

Edit: Should clarify, I didn't find all of this in the last few days, although most of it I did. I had some from a previous SSF build that I gave up on.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
Última edição por Phaeded em 3 de set de 2019 13:00:25
"
Enki91 escreveu:
It's probably going to be either Mind of the Council or back to EB + MoM, each having their pros and cons. Or maybe mana sustain is finally going to be able to sustain Mind over Matter in endgame situations with realistic gear, tho i'll doubt it. What I dislike the most about this change is having to come up with something that reliably works for the intended audience of this build, without being able to properly test it first.

Other than that very reasonable changes in the dev manifesto. The Elementalist stuff sounds like a rushed decision, I still can't understand why Assassin or Saboteur got a rework that barely changed anything about them, when it's ascendancies such as Elementalist that really needed a rework.

Well, let's hope dodge survives, tho it won't be an option if i'll decide to go the EB + MoM route.

I came back to this game for 3.8, usisng your guide, I got a console version up to maps and doing pretty good (to learn mechanics before the patch). So I thank you for your work so much. I'll be heading back to pc for the patch and wanted to start off with this, but I still am very much a newb to a lot of mechanics, do you have any suggestions for me on how to do the skill tree work in the new patch before you are able to update the guide?

And any other suggestions in general for new patch playing would help as well.

Again thanks so much!
Última edição por BlueBZS em 3 de set de 2019 13:21:16
"
BlueBZS escreveu:
And any other suggestions in general for new patch playing would help as well.

Once Enki finishes the 3.8 updates, read the guide from start to finish. Then read it a second time and a third. Follow it exactly, and you will be fine. Few people know the game mechanics as well as Enki, and his guide is the most thorough I’ve seen for new players. In any case, we still need the patch notes later today.
[Deleted Duplicate]
Última edição por Aldonés em 3 de set de 2019 13:40:51
Hey, so do you think they are modifying all current watcher's eyes to only work with attack damage, or is it future watcher's eyes, and the ones we have now will be legacy?

I really hope it is the second option because I have a lot of damage while leeching on my gear. I tried going wrath linked with flesh and stone and englightenment and dropping Mind over Matter. Ideally I'm looking for a watcher's eye with maximum mana gained as energy shield, lightning damage leeched as mana, and either lightning damage % or penetration. I have about 5k life pool without MoM currently so with that jewel I'll be at around 5.5k.

Here's my PoB, tell me what you think
https://pastebin.com/zBmuvGdh

first time I got to red tier maps and uber elder ty Enki, don't give up on it! Great build :)

I was switching the skills around a lot so a few didn't come through. In the wand I'm using flesh and stone- enlightenment - Wrath.
Boots I'm using CWDT - Steel skin - Precision - Clarity.
Helmet is CWDT- Armageddon brand - purifying flame - onslaught support.
Última edição por cyrus750 em 3 de set de 2019 22:10:13
"
cyrus750 escreveu:
Hey, so do you think they are modifying all current watcher's eyes to only work with attack damage, or is it future watcher's eyes, and the ones we have now will be legacy?

I really hope it is the second option because I have a lot of damage while leeching on my gear. I tried going wrath linked with flesh and stone and englightenment and dropping Mind over Matter. Ideally I'm looking for a watcher's eye with maximum mana gained as energy shield, lightning damage leeched as mana, and either lightning damage % or penetration. I have about 5k life pool without MoM currently so with that jewel I'll be at around 5.5k.

Here's my PoB, tell me what you think
https://pastebin.com/zBmuvGdh

first time I got to red tier maps and uber elder ty Enki, don't give up on it! Great build :)

I was switching the skills around a lot so a few didn't come through. In the wand I'm using flesh and stone- enlightenment - Wrath.
Boots I'm using CWDT - Steel skin - Precision - Clarity.
Helmet is CWDT- Armageddon brand - purifying flame - onslaught support.

From patch notes:
Watcher's Eye: Can no longer gain +% to Cold and Chaos Damage over Time Multipliers while affected by Malevolence. Instead now has +% to Damage over Time Multipliers while affected by Malevolence. This affected all versions of the item. The mana cost reduction while affected by Clarity now specifically applies to non-channeled skills. The mana leech while affected by Wrath is now Energy Shield leech while affected by Wrath. These two changes do NOT affect existing items, and cannot be obtained with a Divine Orb.
Oh thank god. Well, I still encourage someone to try replacing essence worm with a spell damage/lightning damage ring like me, and linking wrath with englighten. It's more damage in total, but I dropped mind over matter. On the plus side I never run out of mana, downside obviously losing a bunch of life. We're softcore so I don't really mind doing that. Damage went from 2m to around 2.7m doing this, and I got the sand stance as well so nearby enemies blinded and 11% less damage from far enemies.
It seems like mana flask could be playable option. There are couple upsides for using them on tree. Most important one - "8% attack and cast speed during effect of mana flask". Ofc new mana flask affix that allows mana flask effect to tick even on full mana is mandatory.

For boss fights there are "+1 mana flask charge every 3 seconds".

Also there are "remove a curse on mana flask use" coupled with curse effectiveness but it's probably too far to bother if we won't take CI

Maybe it wont be as bad as it seems to be...

Última edição por HennekY em 4 de set de 2019 03:30:39
Spoiler
Thank God, that means, my 3.5 Enki's isn't completely broken... well, that is if they don't change the tree too much.

I was really trimming everything down on that char. No Clarity, no Flame Dash. All of it had to go to squeeze in the Bubonic Trail boots. I even bought a Clear Mind jewel just the other day, to squeeze out some more dps. And now comes GGG and messes around with Mana sustain, trying to force everyone to use Clarity again -.-

"
cyrus750 escreveu:
Well, I still encourage someone to try replacing essence worm with a spell damage/lightning damage ring like me, and linking wrath with englighten. It's more damage in total, but I dropped mind over matter. On the plus side I never run out of mana, downside obviously losing a bunch of life. We're softcore so I don't really mind doing that. Damage went from 2m to around 2.7m doing this, and I got the sand stance as well so nearby enemies blinded and 11% less damage from far enemies.

How do you even manage that? I mean, I roughly scratch at the 5k life mark and I use MoM, but I still find myself dying fairly often and feel fairly squishy. I die that much that I don't really progress in XP anymore (in other words: too often).

And I'll also never understand how you guys reach dps-values like that. 2m-3m... that's just crazy. I have roughly 860k shaper dps under favorable circumstances (onslaught, innervate, flasks active). Flat it's more like 560k. But 2.7 million... that's just crazy.

"
Beacon of Ruin: Now also grants 30% increased effect of non-damaging Ailments on enemies.

Yeah, well... that's not nearly enough, right? Hitting 234% is still going to be nearly impossible, unless we spec into every shock effect/effect of non-damaging ailments node there is, plus have gear and several jewels. That's not going to be worth the tradeoff, I reckon?

"
Liege of the Primordial: Now causes your summoned Golems to be immune to Elemental Damage (regardless of Golem type).

Uuh... worthless for us, right?

"
Lightning Golem
Increased the damage dealt by the lightning projectile by approximately 40% at all gem levels.
Reduced the damage of the Arc skill by approximately 20% at all gem levels.

Is that a buff or a nerf for our Golem?

"
Watcher's Eye: The mana leech while affected by Wrath is now Energy Shield leech while affected by Wrath.

Well, that was obvious. So that's not an option anymore in lategame for mana sustain.

So where does this leave us? We go back to the ES-version with EB? I mean it worked, but it also was painful too manage (gem slots etc).

"
HennekY escreveu:
It seems like mana flask could be playable option. There are couple upsides for using them on tree. Most important one - 8% attack and cast speed during effect of mana flask. Ofc new mana flask affix that allows mana flask effect to tick even on full mana is mandatory.

Also there are remove curse on mana flask use coupled with curse effectiveness but it's probably too far to bother if we won't take EB

Ditching a utility flask still doesn't sound great. I mean, whatever it is, it's going to hurt either our dps or our survivability.

And if we use the EB version from 3.6, there's no point in using a mana flask anyways, right?
Última edição por Cendrake em 4 de set de 2019 03:31:36

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional