Death Penalty (default league)

You guys do realize that there are 2 more acts in production right? The addition of maps bumped the soft level cap from around 65 to 80. That's a whole lot 15 levels!! We (probably) would see people reaching level cap one it's fully fleshed out.

On a totally unrelated note: I hope they'd add abilities that cost XP to use just for those level cap characters. I dont like seeing a part of my resource wasted.
Please pardon my bad english
I hate the xp loss. Look, I got a couple of hard core characters (my real characters). But when I play default league all I am trying to do is get to the "end" of my build (level 78) to see how it actually pans out. Losing xp is just a annoying for me in default league. Especially when you're at that point in your build where you are UP until you hit a specific set of gear/skill nodes to make the whole thing work.
"
coli escreveu:
If you punish me for playing your game, then I'll stop playing.

I've noticed people rage quit in parties after their first death. This exp penalty thing is a great way to lose players permanently.

Are you not punished for dieing in any video game? Were you not punished for dieing in Mario Brothers or did the game pick you up and place you right back where you died to continue happily playing?
Standard Forever
"
coli escreveu:

I've noticed people rage quit in parties after their first death. This exp penalty thing is a great way to lose players permanently.

Your are not punished for playing the game, you are punished for failed the game.
"
iamstryker escreveu:
"
coli escreveu:

Are you not punished for dieing in any video game? Were you not punished for dieing in Mario Brothers or did the game pick you up and place you right back where you died to continue happily playing?

I would say at least they don´t throw you in the 3. level, if you die at the endboss lvl 10. (see the time difference).

And there are just deaths where you dont have a chance. I was with a random group in the church (well, I always use random groups because my 63 chara is bad... Just got meelee phys. Ok, so I am in the church and i´m in a room. And there is a open door with creatures. The party all block the door with the monsters and I´m there with no contact to them... until I die. At moment I just look for groups who make the area infront of the church.

Skill is one thing, ok. But I don´t remember when I found a usefull equip who wasnt a weapon : / But thats another thing.

At least I play to improve my chara etc. But if I want to be punished I play the hardcore SM game part 2.
i really hope they ignore this stuff and keep the penalty. I play both hc and defauilt so i know the feeling of losing that 15% xp. but theres a couple points :

1. i don't want the game being carebeared up

2. it is a ladder and the highest ranks on the ladder should should show careful play, attn to gear and build even in defualt league otherwise every scrub would be level 90

3. 15% on the rare occasional death isn't the end of the world. if your dying so much that it is having an serious impact on your leveling/progression you are either being careless, your gear needs work, or you are in too high level of an area for wat your gear/build will allow

just my 2 cents
I think that finally someone has made a game like the old, hard ones.
Sadly people is getting accustomed to bright, cartoonish games in which whenever you die a little grave appears and some other player can revive you without effort (if you know what I mean :P). In those games it's all about mechanical and repetitive actions, seldom interrupted by a noisy time-wasting death.

In my opinion, a game has to be challenging and should emotionally involve players:
I like when a boss makes me hold my breath until the fight is over, sometimes I shout at the screen when my character dies, but every time I find myself executing the game launcher again :)

A game should do this, otherwise it can only be defined as an "interactive novel".
If there is no challenge, then I prefer to watch a movie!

It's the thrill of the challenge, that little stress that keeps your senses sharp, your alertness ready and your finger fast that makes the difference between a gaming experience and a "funny waste of time". In fact I noticed that every death of my character is due to a lack of attention on my side, and in those cases I see that my play style becomes repetitive and mechanic. That's how I know when I need to stop playing for a bit!

So you will say now:"Then you should play hardcore!", and I answer no, because a game has to be challenging, yes, but since it's just a game I don't like anything too definitive (since I have no time to restart every time from scratch)...

And when I want to test my new skills or to take it easier, I play in lower-level areas.

These are my two cents, but I love when there are options to make everybody happy, so I say "no changes to the game, add more options!" (maybe a "test mode" or an alternative league like someone suggested)

Bye

Oh yeah, the chamber... of siiiiins!
too many people have just missed the point in this thread.

I have made all necessary points so i wont repeat myself. Apart from:

I dont want it to be easy, i just personally think the penalty for failure is too severe.

Some people are like "na man, its great man, like you want to be punished man, get back to d3 man cause you obviously cant take it man, like i diggin' this 15% exp loss man, i love being punished cause i played wrecklessly man, so i play super slow man so i never ever die man"............"sorry what?............erm, which league do i play?................yeah erm....................default.............."

says it all...

My main point is that playing SC, should be a faster and more action packed experience than HC otherwise what the hell are we all doing on softcore? As such your death penalty shouldn't set you back an insane amount of time invested. It should be a bit of time.

But yeah, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But there isnt really an argument yet that i have seen why someone who has opposite views to mine wouldnt just play on hardcore.

Última edição por DexDeus em 19 de fev de 2013 13:36:15
"
Nanni escreveu:
I think that finally someone has made a game like the old, hard ones.
Sadly people ... league like someone suggested)

Bye

Agreed. There are enough fun easy games where death means nothing.

This game is hard, and it is made that way for a reason.

I'm not trying to be elitist. I just don't like another community of gamers who are fine with the easier games trying to change the game that's DIRECTLY made for a different community of gamers into the same thing they play.

There are enough MMORPG's directed towards casual play.

This is neither an MMORPG or meant to be a casual game.

Keep it that way please, simply because there aren't many good ARPG "hardcore" games out there to play.
i totally i agree. i like it hard. keep it hard. I just dont think a 15% flat penalty is at all necessary to decentivise dieing.

as suggested 10 or 15% or "exp gained" is still a tough punishment but its not insane.

Look at it this way.

You're lv 80. you're on 80%. You die on a map. you're now 65%

You wonder if you should go back and try again

You think.........hmmmmmmm, im not sure if i can do this...

I could lose 15% if i fail........ yeah thats too big of a risk ill not bother.

So essentially what you're doing is giving yourself a defensive mindset and playing it safe all the time.

Sometimes i think its fun to play it safe and for me - thats the HC league. I love HC.

But i feel the SC league is for going the full hog and taking on things you are too weak for for the hell of it. Punishment yes - 15% flat................. i dont think thats fair.

But thats my thinking i guess.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional