WOLCEN - Lords of Mayhem

Last Epoch allows you to make a strong Minion and totem build at the same time - nuff said :)

I'm definitely more hopeful about LE at this point. The tree in Wolcen, which was a huge selling point for me, has been pretty much fucked up.

The game is gorgeous, no question. And I dislike betas but I don't know about this based on what we are seeing. :(
Censored.
I am a bit concerned too, i didn't check back on this for a while im letting it grow but last i played it was some weird systems going on and they didn't seem to get solved - systems that interrupted my flow of combat like resource management being annoying just because.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
鬼殺し escreveu:
Vaguely amused someone I used to kick around on here in 2013 has become the loudest anti-Wolcen voice on the game's steam boards, but I guess there's a fairly small pool of people willing to both support ARPGs in early access and eager to talk about it.
If it's who i think it is, he's going around on several games steam forums stirring up trouble.
I'm not impressed with the beta at all. Graphics look great and everything but if that is the basket they are cramming all their eggs in all I can is good luck with that.

I should also mention that I am a beta hater. Usually. But this is just boring. I literally nodded off while attempting to play this last week.

Hoping LE will be better.
Censored.
the beta is not bad. however i want me skill tree back from the alpha. i was doing so much with that.

There is one thing i love so far in the beta the bosses are using combos. they fight back, the move, they try to counter position. Monsters fight back. It feels almost like playing Grim Dawn where monsters use tactics (some monsters just defend and block movement so other monster can get shots in on the player. Other monster fire attacks forcing a player to move into the direction of another monster charging up an attack. Others just summon minions or keep spamming debufffs). I am having a lot of fun countering enemies. One more thing enemies have defenses and resistances so they do not just get blown away from me breathing on them. It makes things more interesting.

There is one thing i wish they did not change is the knock down mechanic they had in the alpha. I loved that so much. Knocking enemies down and attacking them as they are trying to get up was very useful. My first build was all about slower heavy attacks because of that. Hell even getting knocked down myself and trying to counter was fun. Oh well the stun mechanic is ok not as good but ok.

So far already got my melee character to level 20 and have acquired 2 legendary items. one is for the build the other one just looks cool. My build is running around with freezing, burning, bleeding, poisoning, and stunning everything i come across.

Current build is a caster i am still struggling with the timing (using the teleport skill with the dodging) but man can they fuck up some space. combat is so damn smooth in the game.

I suggest to everyone to practice dodge roll timing (any melee build needs to get passive to dodge through enemies or get tanky as shit because they will stack up and block movement). It will save you. Also learn attack patterns because some enemies will catch you with some serious BS. The telegraphed moves hurt and most of them will throw you out of position easily (the worst is the boss that grapples you from below)

I have no idea why i am using a hammer and a dagger but it is fucking working so i do not give a damn right now.

Still failing to solve "The Riddle of Melee" 4.0 HYPE!!!
SILLY BITCH...THE EAGLES ARE COMING!!!
THE EAGLES!!! (bleeds out from a wound to the gut)
the eagles...are...coming...(coughs)...the eagles...
"
鬼殺し escreveu:
Still waiting on spell-crash fixes honestly. Seems it's not affecting everyone but enough people have reported it that it must be more than a 'me' problem. I played my swordsman to 20, got some 'legendaries' and whatnot. Now I want to try spell-casting. And the game won't let me. :(

And yeah, dodge rolling, especially in the alpha, was godly.

How are you finding those Demons of Souls thingies? Again, plenty of feedback about how blatantly unbalanced they are...

As for the passive skills, I'll wait and see what the third wheel offers before fully judging character diversity. D2's beta (both closed and open) was less flexible and variable than even Wolcen's (the alpha's wheel was great but clearly not very tested).

I was and am still not happy with the Demon things at all. I have written much on the matter (a bit too much). I just hope they get it worked out.

I miss the alpha wheel. There I said it. Plus i lost 2 of my melee builds and 2 melee caster hybrids when they changed the skill tree from the alpha one. I was not happy. It took me a very long time to get those bastards to perfect form. I hope they get that worked out also.

I just have to be patient. However i do not want to be patient i want to play more of the game.

Also Expedition mode was a lot trickier than i thought. Well once you get to the hardest setting of it.
Still failing to solve "The Riddle of Melee" 4.0 HYPE!!!
SILLY BITCH...THE EAGLES ARE COMING!!!
THE EAGLES!!! (bleeds out from a wound to the gut)
the eagles...are...coming...(coughs)...the eagles...
One of the most fun nodes of the old wheel got scrapped entirely it seems, the one that refunded you the dash cooldown if your dash killed an enemy. That one made for some really awesome combat situations.

In general, I much preferred the old wheel of fates. The new one is just SO much more generic in it's desing. With the alpha one I often found myself thing long and hard about which path I want to take so that I can get some cool unique effects. Ever single node felt like one of the notables in PoE, with some keystones in there aswell. Now it just feels like PoE's skilldrasil, only smaller and less choice and variety.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I haven't tried since the beta came out so I can't wait to see what's changed. I will definitely add to this post once I get a few hours in.

**edit**

Yup looking really good, playing a bow dude and it's not my thing but I can still see how this game is progressing. Like the new way they get you started now too.
Última edição por ZACHWILDCAT em 11 de abr de 2019 05:46:18
Dope update coming in 3 weeks.

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional