[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

i have to regret my thoughts on the new feeding frenzy gem.
it is nice to lvl until we got primordial might, but it seems, that the buff (unlinked) gives now only 10%cast/attack speed and 10% movement speed. the more dmg seems to be removed completly.
the wiki page is outdated.

i thought the patchnotes only target the linked part in terms of damage.
or do i get something wrong?

and for survivability the things mika mentioned are very good. i just want to outline that chaos res really has to be capped, since there is so much chaos dmg.
and the black ground spawned by metamorphs and sirus does a shitton of chaos dmg (and phys and fire) and prevents life regen. without max chaos res theres not much time to run out.
"
stfukthx escreveu:
it is nice to lvl until we got primordial might, but it seems, that the buff (unlinked) gives now only 10%cast/attack speed and 10% movement speed. the more dmg seems to be removed completly.

I'm fairly certain that the feeding frenzy Buff your character receives still grants 10% more Minion Damage globally to your minions along with the now nerfed 10% movement speed and 10% attack / cast speed buffs. The Feeding Frenzy Support had it's More Minion Damage amounts lowered quite significantly too so (with the above nerfs) it's not really worth putting in your main links now - still worth having it attached to some other minions though if you can fit it in.

I agree with your recommendation for chaos resistance though. I'm at -19% and still get fairly frequent deaths to chaos damage from metamorphs even with 600 or so life regen & 3.7k Life. I tend to use a Amethyst flask now just to top that up a bit if I now that the map boss has chaos damage on it as the Metamorph will then be really rippy! My golemancer is specced for MF so it's not designed to be super tanky - I just accept the deaths at this point as par for the course this league!
hm the buff itself says on the icon that the minions have more dmg. but i dont know how to test it tbh, if its an wrong description or they just lowered the ias and movementspeed, since that would be only a very slight nerf compared to the other dmg nerf when feeding frenzy is linked (which golems wont do in any way in endgame)
or they just wanted to nerf zombies, if they even use it
I think the buff was just amended to the lower Attack Speed / Cast Speed and Movement Speed. There definitely wasn't any mention of the More Damage from the buff being changed in the Patch notes at all. The More Minion Damage from the Feeding Frenzy Support Gem values were nerfed to make it weaker for minions that benefited a lot from the aggressive Minion AI anyway but as golemancers that isn't really a massive deal for us with The Primordial Might jewel.

I think, like you suggest, GGG's intention by nerfing Feeding Frenzy was more targeted at Zombies / Skellies than golems and we still get to have most of it's benefits for the cost of a gem link. More of an issue for Necro's who may only run Flame Golems since there may not be an easy place for them to add it into their setup. For Elementalist's running multiple golem types it works really well I've found.

I'm starting to get a better handle on which metamorphs tend to kill me now so I can avoid them or at least be very wary about what metamorph parts I put into them, especially if the map mods are a little rippy on their own! I wouldn't mind seeing them adjust some of the chaos damage down a little bit for some of the metamorphs but I could build around it if I wanted to survive better so I guess if it's left as is that would be ok. Will just make me prioritise chaos res a bit more highly in my other builds for this league.
"
stfukthx escreveu:

and for survivability the things mika mentioned are very good. i just want to outline that chaos res really has to be capped, since there is so much chaos dmg.
and the black ground spawned by metamorphs and sirus does a shitton of chaos dmg (and phys and fire) and prevents life regen. without max chaos res theres not much time to run out.

"
I'm fairly certain that the feeding frenzy Buff your character receives still grants 10% more Minion Damage globally to your minions along with the now nerfed 10% movement speed and 10% attack / cast speed buffs. The Feeding Frenzy Support had it's More Minion Damage amounts lowered quite significantly too so (with the above nerfs) it's not really worth putting in your main links now - still worth having it attached to some other minions though if you can fit it in.

I agree with your recommendation for chaos resistance though. I'm at -19% and still get fairly frequent deaths to chaos damage from metamorphs even with 600 or so life regen & 3.7k Life. I tend to use a Amethyst flask now just to top that up a bit if I now that the map boss has chaos damage on it as the Metamorph will then be really rippy! My golemancer is specced for MF so it's not designed to be super tanky - I just accept the deaths at this point as par for the course this league!

"
hm the buff itself says on the icon that the minions have more dmg. but i dont know how to test it tbh, if its an wrong description or they just lowered the ias and movementspeed, since that would be only a very slight nerf compared to the other dmg nerf when feeding frenzy is linked (which golems wont do in any way in endgame)
or they just wanted to nerf zombies, if they even use it

"
I think the buff was just amended to the lower Attack Speed / Cast Speed and Movement Speed. There definitely wasn't any mention of the More Damage from the buff being changed in the Patch notes at all. The More Minion Damage from the Feeding Frenzy Support Gem values were nerfed to make it weaker for minions that benefited a lot from the aggressive Minion AI anyway but as golemancers that isn't really a massive deal for us with The Primordial Might jewel.

I think, like you suggest, GGG's intention by nerfing Feeding Frenzy was more targeted at Zombies / Skellies than golems and we still get to have most of it's benefits for the cost of a gem link. More of an issue for Necro's who may only run Flame Golems since there may not be an easy place for them to add it into their setup. For Elementalist's running multiple golem types it works really well I've found.

I'm starting to get a better handle on which metamorphs tend to kill me now so I can avoid them or at least be very wary about what metamorph parts I put into them, especially if the map mods are a little rippy on their own! I wouldn't mind seeing them adjust some of the chaos damage down a little bit for some of the metamorphs but I could build around it if I wanted to survive better so I guess if it's left as is that would be ok. Will just make me prioritise chaos res a bit more highly in my other builds for this league.

Hey :)

Feeding Frenzy is very nice addition for leveling part of the guide as it makes Flame Golems work much better before getting the Might. It gets much weaker after that and should be replaced with better supports, but has great value at the start so the tip was very welcome ^^

I also guess that zombie builds were main reason for the nerf, but it still works ok with Golems for leveling phase. Luckily there's Might to replace it in the end.

I have been expetimenting with 2x Specter setup this league for fun :

1) Carnage chieftains + Host chieftains (Power and Frenzy charge generation)

Raise Spec -> Blood magic -> Spell echo -> Minion resistance

This setup has been working pretty well for generating both charges without using Victarios Charity. Useful when using Elementalist without Primordial Chain.

2) Bone Husks (For walls)

Raise Spec -> Gmp -> Greater Volley -> Spell Echo

This has been very useful combo so far. Bone Husks shoot out solid pieces of wall, that block all movement and most projectiles. They explode after a while and deal damage releasing spikes aroind them.

They were nice before, but they made too little walls to be really useful. Now with Greater Volley, they cast 9x Walls per cast and repeat it with Spell Echo. This creates solid enough wall to block most melee enemies. Even Metas seem to have problems dealing damage to char, when they are surrounded by solid walls.

I can use Phase Run to move throught the walls as I want, so there is no problem for the build using them.

However word of warning. Other builds that don't have Phase Run will most likely get stuck in the walls and die so this is definitely not party play setup. Also the explosions can create some fps drops as each wall explodes to 5+4+4 projectiles. At the moment of explosions there are about 3(Specs)x18(Walls per Spec)x13(5 base projectiles + 4 from GMP + 4 from greater volley) spikes in the air.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Última edição por mika2salo em 29 de dez de 2019 07:14:43
hi mika, just a question: in your guide you say to use mistress of sacrifice (when go necro with blocking), but if I open the online link tree you show the commander of darkness as passive.
Wich one is the right one (with necro with shield blocking)?
hey quick question How do you get % ES on your rings i checked the bench and cant find it looked around and i'm quite dumbfounded
"
Magus45 escreveu:
hi mika, just a question: in your guide you say to use mistress of sacrifice (when go necro with blocking), but if I open the online link tree you show the commander of darkness as passive.

Hello :)

Thanks for notice! I fixed it right away.

Right choice was the Mistress of Sacrifice and not using the Commander Of Darkness in the endgame.

"
hey quick question How do you get % ES on your rings i checked the bench and cant find it looked around and i'm quite dumbfounded

Hi :)

ES % craft on rings is legacy craft, so you can buy them only in standard. It's not possible to craft them in the game atm, but they might be coming back any league. ES values have been lowered on items already, so the % craft is not nearly as good as it used to be.

Getting few legacy rings to char after league ends to min-max and to spent rest of league currency is something that some playes want to do. Thats why the showcase of legacy items as there is stuff to get for the build even after the league ends.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
"
mika2salo escreveu:
"
Magus45 escreveu:

Hello :)

Thanks for notice! I fixed it right away.

Right choice was the Mistress of Sacrifice and not using the Commander Of Darkness in the endgame.

Thank you, but now I see the necromantic aegis as node. I suppose to be wrong.

What do you think about withering step gem? Could replace phase run?
Última edição por Magus45 em 31 de dez de 2019 17:12:19
Hey Mika,

Happy New Year!!!

How are you enjoying Metamorph league so far?

I think it's pretty fun. Not likely to keep me playing as much as Legion did but it's definitely much nicer now that you auto-pickup the monster parts.

As far as the new Metamorphs go and the change to bosses in general you can definitely feel the spike in difficulty. Not so much with the map bosses although I haven't really progressed my Atlas much beyond early red maps atm but you can create some absolutely devastating metamorphs if you are not careful!

If anything this feels a bit like early Betrayal where chaos damage were causing one-shots all over the place. Similarly this league stacking chaos res feels pretty mandatory. I don't really have any space for it on my current setup as the MF items don't come with any but at -19 chaos res and 700 life regen when I die it is nearly always to chaos damage. I can usually tell because even though it happens really fast my ES stays full.

I think nearly all my deaths have been to metamorphs and I'm trying to determine if using blasphemies is actually good this league. Temp chains doesn't seem to do a lot as they are unique monsters and usually you'll load them up with a quick prefix or hex proof and you almost want to stay as far away from them as you possibly can! Temp chains still feels amazing for general mapping as does flesh and stone but definitely less useful for the bosses and metamorphs.

In fact this is exactly the league where my previous golemancer tanks would be amazing. 9 - 11k ES, 2K es regen, CI, 40k armour and 50% block chance with 600 - 700 ES on block would probably mean that most metamorphs wouldn't be able to really do anything to me. I was hoping I might be able to transition my MF golemancer into the "Tank" version as, supposedly being "Bow League", everybody would focus more on life gear. Sadly it feels almost like "Minions League 2.0" after Blight and I'm priced out of all the ES gear I would need to make it work effectively.

Oh well, still quite a lot of fun and at least so far my golems haven't had a metamorph they can't eventually kill off. I may die a few times but they rarely do. The stone golem seems to die occasionally - I might unlink it from feeding frenzy with the other two golems (lightning and chaos) to see if that helps him to survive a bit better. I'm not sure he procs feeding frenzy that much anyway compared to the lightning golem.

I hope you are well Mika and this is the start of a fantastic year for you.

All the best :)

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional