[3.23] [Leaguestarter] Exsanguinate Ascendant - a great all-rounder

"
pawelos13 escreveu:
Okay guys, the guide has been updated to 3.22. The pathing on Passive Tree accounts for the Champion of the Cause change.

Thank you to keep updating your build. i've seen a racer using it as a spellslinger for leveling with exsanguinate and reap. I was surprise how good it looks and i found your build and might start this for 3.22.

We gotta keep encouraging the passion !

Stay safe, exile
"
M4g1cSh00m escreveu:
"
pawelos13 escreveu:
Okay guys, the guide has been updated to 3.22. The pathing on Passive Tree accounts for the Champion of the Cause change.

Thank you to keep updating your build. i've seen a racer using it as a spellslinger for leveling with exsanguinate and reap. I was surprise how good it looks and i found your build and might start this for 3.22.

We gotta keep encouraging the passion !

Stay safe, exile

Well, my build has a bit different flavour to it - you can see by yourself, I've attached some showcase videos in the guide.
Thank you for the videos and the updated PoB. As a native English speaker, I can say that you did a great job with the explanation. I do have a couple of questions however.

1. What is the budget looking like for building this character, do you think? I recall you saying that one of the Jewels would be about 6 Divs early in the league. And you have a cluster Jewel in this particular guide as well. A rough estimate for Campaign, Yellow Maps, and Pinnacle in an early League market would be appreciated if you could. And I know that Jewels and Uniques tend to drop off and markets fluctuate, so don't feel like you have to be exact.

2. I ended up stalling out on a Cold Shot Deadeye 3.21 at level 95 simply because I kept getting killed by random BS, so survivability is fairly important to me for the "random BS" type of thing. Now, I saw the Low Life build take a hit from Maven and recover in about a second or less in your provided video. Was that Pinnacle Maven?

3. In continuation with the survivability of question 2, can the LL build cope with random big splash damages? And are there Reflect types or Map modifiers we should be careful with. For the sake of the conversation, I will be assuming that people will be taking Abbareth when dealing with fiery ground modifiers to levels.

Thanks for the guides and the answers!
"
CostanzaK escreveu:
Thank you for the videos and the updated PoB. As a native English speaker, I can say that you did a great job with the explanation. I do have a couple of questions however.

1. What is the budget looking like for building this character, do you think? I recall you saying that one of the Jewels would be about 6 Divs early in the league. And you have a cluster Jewel in this particular guide as well. A rough estimate for Campaign, Yellow Maps, and Pinnacle in an early League market would be appreciated if you could. And I know that Jewels and Uniques tend to drop off and markets fluctuate, so don't feel like you have to be exact.

2. I ended up stalling out on a Cold Shot Deadeye 3.21 at level 95 simply because I kept getting killed by random BS, so survivability is fairly important to me for the "random BS" type of thing. Now, I saw the Low Life build take a hit from Maven and recover in about a second or less in your provided video. Was that Pinnacle Maven?

3. In continuation with the survivability of question 2, can the LL build cope with random big splash damages? And are there Reflect types or Map modifiers we should be careful with. For the sake of the conversation, I will be assuming that people will be taking Abbareth when dealing with fiery ground modifiers to levels.

Thanks for the guides and the answers!

Hey there, glad to hear those words about my English!

1. I usually try not to give a precise pricelist of these items. As you know, these change quite frequently. I will do that here, but please keep in mind, these things are ever-changing.

Campaign budget - in the PoB I literally added only wand with vendor recipe spell damage, lapis amulet and rustic sash. There's no currency there.

Leaguestart budget - the gear in the PoB is your usual Life and Resists, with some life regen her and there. Let's say, 5c a piece.
Corrupted 6link body armour usually costs about 30-35c day2.
Daggers with +1 phys are created with yet another vendor recipe.
In total, let's assume about 80c.

Day3 budget - let's start with uniques:
2x Cold Iron Point - prices of these can vary. In 3.19 I bought these for 50c a piece day 3, in 3.21 I bought these for 4c a piece day 3. It mostly depends on the meta, and if there are any physical spell or physical spell poison builds in the mix.
Eternal Struggle - historically this amulet had a high price variance, people have issues pricing these. The ones with high Physical DoT Multi may cost 10c, may cost 1div.
Watcher's Eye - it's really hard to tell, these have high variance as well. In previous leagues I was able to buy Physical Damage while Pride and a defensive modifier while Determination for 2divs. I deliberately don't include the one with DoT Multi while Malevolence, because these are expensive.
Rest of the jewels - there is a solid list of modifiers that work for us, so with clever trade searching you can find jewels with 4 useful mods for 20-30c
Rest of the gear - better rares, with eldritch implicits when possible. Let's say, 40c a piece.
In total, about 6div, depending on a few prices.

Final Budget - again, let's start with uniques:
2x corrupted Cold Iron Point - these were more consistent in price - I usually bought them for 80-100c a piece day 4-5.
Eternal Struggle - no change.
Ancestral Vision - this one I bought in 3.21 for 2divs day 4.
Unnatural Instinct - based on poe.ninja, this league's prices started at 5divs and slowly decreased to 2,5-3divs. Let's count 5divs.
Watcher's Eye - no change

Rest of the rare gear - I'm assuming that the rest of the gear is crafted from fractured bases with essences, and then with stuff like eldritch currency or prefixes/suffixes cannot be changed + veiled chaos. Let's say, 3divs per.

Also, in the final version we should take gem prices into consideration.

Enlighten lvl4 - historically about 10divs, but you can also use Enlighten lvl3 if you choose to invest a bit more into mana reservation efficiency (mana mastery, helmet craft/implicit, maybe some corrupted jewels).

Empower lvl4 - these prices vary a bit, but we should estimate about 6divs. Again, not necessary, you can be using Empower lvl3 of Efficacy Support.

Awakened Brutality - one of the cheaper Awakened supports at the moment, I bought mine for 100c last league.
Awakened Controlled Destruction - is a bit more expensive, usually about 1div.
Awakened Swift Affliction - always costs a good chunk early, like 2-2,5 divs, because a lot of people are playing DoT builds.
Awakened Chain - expensive, and not necessary, you can stick with regular Chain Support.

21/20 Exsanguinate usually costs about 100c. You can also level these yourself in the offhand and try to corrupt these yourself. You can also settle with 21/0.

Vaal Reap can be more expensive. Ideally we would like 21/20 or 21/0. Both will be expensive, so try to find 21/0, 20/0 or 20/20. The quality is not mandatory.

In total, let's count 20-25divs if one chooses not to buy unnecessary stuff, and closer to 35-40divs with lvl4 enlightens and such.

Hope that explains it.

2. Yes, it was a Maven fight, regular one though, not the Uber one.

A quick rundown of defences in this build:
- increased maximum resistances (5% fire, 4% cold, 4% lightning from the Tree, you can get another 2% all from the body armour exarch implicit and 2% fire from boots exarch implicit)
- capped spell suppression (39% from Inveterate, 18% from Reflexes and small points, 15% from evasion mastery, 28% from the gear)
- now, I let you choose which one of the defensive auras you want to use. Historically it was Determination, so the build had 25-30k Armour and 8k Evasion without flasks and 40k/20k respectively with them. You can choose to run Grace instead if you want, just remember, these small values of evasion can really help.
- 25% attack block (15% from dual wielding, 10% from gladiator)
- high life recovery (about 1100-1200 life regen or higher with more suffix modifiers, mostly used to sustain RF and life cost of Exsanguinate and Reap, leech (overleech in LL version), Enduring Cry)
- the final version can have elemental ailment immunity

The build is solid, it can endure a solid amount of beating. I don't life to die often myself, so I design this build with defences in mind. That said, the LL version is desinged to sacrifice some of these defences in favour of damage Sadly, the build won't be as tanky, even with Petrified Blood. There is, however, a Defensive PoB tree, skills and gear, if you need more defences. You can also mix and match some aspects of both to strike your own personal build balance. My guide is just a framework.

Also, keep in mind that I have a bit of a scuffed gear in the video and I didn't have capped spell suppression, so there's that lmao.

3. The Low Life version is slightly less durable in terms of oneshots, and it requires a bit more regeneration. Thankfully, it comes with overleech, so this solves it. As mentioned above, you can go with more defensive approach or mix some things up.

In terms of map mods:

Physical Reflect is a no-go - our hits are big enough to kill us.
Elemental Reflect is a freebie for us, as Cold Iron Points prevents us from dealing elemental damage, so even our Flame Dash won't kill us.
No regen, less recovery rate and -max resistances are all no-go, as all interfere with restoring our life and sustaining RF.
Thank you so much for the in depth reply. I'm greatly looking forward to this league, and playing Exsanguinate. I think I'll initially go for a LL build and if I find I'm not a good enough player to pull it off, I'll respec into the higher defenses.

After all, once you hit the more difficult Maps, it's pretty cheap and easy to respec an entire tree. Comparatively speaking.
Thanks alot for your updated build guide, I want to start a scion this league and I am really excited to play your build. There are not many scion league starter builds out there right now. I hope it will be alot of fun, wish you a good league start.

Do you think about a youtube guide in the future?
"
Visi0nz escreveu:
Thanks alot for your updated build guide, I want to start a scion this league and I am really excited to play your build. There are not many scion league starter builds out there right now. I hope it will be alot of fun, wish you a good league start.

Do you think about a youtube guide in the future?

Hey there!

I actually did a video guide this time around. It's my first video of this kind, so it's not very good, but, you know, one must start somewhere. The link is in the guide, or here: https://youtu.be/fHsX7QzDtzo
That's really nice that you did a video guide for it, don't worry about the quality for now. I know it is alot of work and time consuming, so thanks again for your hard work :)
Have you considered any interaction with Spellblade Support now that those gems have been released?
"
Karvasius_9665 escreveu:
Have you considered any interaction with Spellblade Support now that those gems have been released?

The Spellblade Support would be useless for us - it adds flat damage to your spells based on one-handed weapon you are using. Flat damage to spells is only useful for hits.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional