Death Penalty Changes in 0.11.3

"
Sodomee escreveu:
"
Chypre escreveu:

BTW, someone in my team found a 6L lvl ~60 dex armor tonight, pretty amazing to see because it is maybe more rare to drop than a mirror? I'm not sure, but I have never seen mirror drop for anyone.

It is definitely not more rare than a mirror.

And you know this how? Obviously 6L is not as rare because you can make them but it dropping that way seems more rare than everything else except maybe a mirror.
Meh, now ALL the fun from looting is gone :( 6 sockets were the last item we actually had to fight over, now we have nothing! (yes i know you can put on short or ffa but most people don't wanna play with that since we have options now)

Also don't like that they are reducing the death penalty, not that it effects me but going down this road and feeding the crybabies who knows what else they will make easier and more casual in the future once people cry enough over it.

Still loving the game though, but seen this before, Vanilla WoW was semi hardcore in many aspects at release and most of that is gone now! Hopefully the same wont happen here.
"
Qarl escreveu:
"
Dreggon escreveu:
I don't think this is the right solution - 15% is a good amount, but applying it as a 'debt' (where you don't gain experience for 15% of your level every time you die, non-stacking) is a good kick in the teeth without negating progress you've already made. 8% is trivial.

This is an option that was considered, however a debt is very psychologically negative if you stop playing after dying, and then come back to the game, as you have a penalty that you only get long after the associations with the act that gave you the penalty.

We also considered a time bound penalty, which has other issues associated with it (giving players a de-facto incentive to not play being the important problem.)

Ah - so in this case, your game philosophy is that death is something that should only affect you once, immediately, when you die - as opposed to affecting you over time. I agree that a decay is also not a good idea, where optimal play is to not play.

What other options did you consider? 3% and 8% are trivial.

IRON MAN
"
JohnWeps escreveu:
I wonder if GGG ever considered implementing a value death penalty besides or instead of the experience one. Implement durability on items, or use the quality attribute to force usage of orbs upon death.

A couple years ago (!) in closed beta, there was a huge thread about death penalties. Ultimately, xp penalty was determined to be the least problematic, though people had a lot of good suggestions.
I am not a fan of 6 sockets being allocated. Why are you making public parties even MORE afk? Getting 6 socket drops in public groups makes you feel good because you're actually paying attention, not just staying behind half assing it and picking up your allocated drops. This is a terrible idea..
"
JohnWeps escreveu:
I wonder if GGG ever considered implementing a value death penalty besides or instead of the experience one. Implement durability on items, or use the quality attribute to force usage of orbs upon death.

I hope this never, ever happens in Path of Exile. The experience penalty is perfect, especially with these changes put in place.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
When you die in softcore, you lose experience..

But when you die in hardcore;

You Gain experience (:
IGN: Scuhr
Última edição por Recomposed em 25 de jul de 2013 01:53:18
A six socket is like getting several jeweler's orb drops at once, so it makes sense that it would be allocated.
5% per difficulty, and subtract 2%? So kind of like how the life nodes were changed.

I think 5% and 10% would be better, mainly because 3% in Cruel is pretty much nothing. Most won't even realize it.
same name in-game
Última edição por iao em 25 de jul de 2013 01:55:18
How bout that death penalty for hardcore players? ehh? ehhh? Desync or some sort of work towards a little bit more game optimization?

Other than that, the game just keeps getting better and better.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional