Death Penalty Changes in 0.11.3

Completely against allocating every single 'goodie' to players. I understand most items, but 4Ls, 6s and the such should remain FFA.. most public parties i participate in have 2-3 guys mostly afk in the back, without much effort into it, being able to pick those goodies up made up for your effort and dedication into it, now it's just... bad.

Don't really understand the reasoning behind it, and as was already said above, catering to every 'quality of life' complain\cry is a dangerous path in gaming. I dislike the change.

As for the XP penalty, completely irrelevant as i only enjoy playing on Hardcore\Onslaught, but dying on Softcore should be meaningful, and i don't see a 8%xp loss to be significant to most players, but again, won't apply to me so who cares what i think.
Última edição por hulkgor em 25 de jul de 2013 02:02:37
worst patch I've seen since starting to play this game. not much is hold my attention anymore unfortunately.

hopefully more to look forward to in 11.4
"
iao escreveu:
5% per difficulty, and subtract 2%? So kind of like how the life nodes were changed.

I think 5% and 10% would be better, mainly because 3% in Cruel is pretty much nothing. Most won't even realize it.

This.

Please make it at least 5% and 10%.

15% is so much better, but if you are going to cater to the casuals please don't cut the penalty in half. Getting to 90+ actually means something. Now the ladder is going to be flooded with people who used to die and lose over 100% exp per level.
IGN: ThrobbinRobin
Última edição por Sodomee em 25 de jul de 2013 02:05:39
"
hulkgor escreveu:
Completely against allocating every single 'goodie' to players. I understand most items, but 4Ls, 6s and the such should remain FFA.. most public parties i participate in have 2-3 guys mostly afk in the back, without much effort into it, being able to pick those goodies up made up for your effort and dedication into it, now it's just... bad.

Don't really understand the reasoning behind it, and as was already said above, catering to every 'quality of life' complain\cry is a dangerous path in gaming. I dislike the change.

As for the XP penalty, completely irrelevant as i only enjoy playing on Hardcore\Onslaught, but dying on Softcore should be meaningful, and i don't see a 8%xp loss to be significant to most players, but again, won't apply to me so who cares what i think.

Exactly. To be honest, I don't think I've ever seen someone pick up a 4L item anyways. I still don't know why those are allocated. When a 6S gets 4l'd allocated I almost lose my mind. Now, I doubt I'll ever go into a public party because the leechers have even MORE incentive to leech and not pay attention.
Why won't start at 3.5% penalty and increased 1% for every time you dead, reset counter everyday.
Thailand Player
"
GG_Allin escreveu:
worst patch I've seen since starting to play this game. not much is hold my attention anymore unfortunately.

hopefully more to look forward to in 11.4

Im sure (i hope?) This is only one aspect of many in 11.3...
"
Mr_B escreveu:
I am not a fan of 6 sockets being allocated. Why are you making public parties even MORE afk? Getting 6 socket drops in public groups makes you feel good because you're actually paying attention, not just staying behind half assing it and picking up your allocated drops. This is a terrible idea..

This has already pretty much been ruined by perm allocation. I like the change because now I can turn off the items covering my whole screen.

Possible idea for GGG: temp league with only FFA loot
I think that if you die in a map, you should loose all of your experience.
IGN: Beardedwizzard
"
Qarl escreveu:

We also know a lot of players stop their playing session when they die, in some cases its the main way their play sessions ends. For these players, they won't notice the penalty until they return to the game.

This makes it seem like an XP debt is the smarter approach, then. A player who constantly dies and keeps seeing all their hard work leveling get reduced to nothing is going to get demoralised. This is part of the reason I don't play my shadow as much - I have no Shavronne's for his low-life build, and so I frequently die to chaos damage that is outside my control. If it was just 15% to be made up whenever I died, that would be fine - I'd still be making progress. But having nothing? Not a single point of experience towards the next level? What have I achieved with my time?
IRON MAN
I like the changes but dislike the 6s allocated. It removes the fun of snatching a 6s while others are trying to get it too... makes it so people are less attentive to item drops, since they don't even have to worry about 6s drops now.
IGN: KayeOsse, Ryuukossei
Shop: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/390077
KayeOsse's Ci Crit Ranger Build: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/471594
www.Twitch.tv/Fall3nLeg3nd

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional