The Plan for Cut-Throat Mode

also great hyped now.. lets see whats happen :)

and plz no hc league.. sc will be fine and 2 leagues split the player base too much!!

-~Shop for the price awarded player~- view-thread/375747
I vote equipment should not drop 100% of the time. I think when you die each equipment piece rolls to see if it will drop at a 25% chance rather than losing your full loot each death. That is something like 12 equipment spots (including alt) which means on average you will lose 3 pieces which is still a harsh penalty.

Another idea could be to use a durability system instead. Each death would lower durability of equipment with no way to raise it. That way you will know when you need to start looking for a new item in an equipment slot ahead of time.

Constantly losing your full equipment set will not be fun for anyone. The more casual players will quit after constantly losing everything eventually (if they even try out the league) and the pvpers like myself will quit when there is no one else to pvp with.

Honestly the most fun pvp league will be one where you are not pvping 24/7 (other than in guild wars). The game should still be focused on the item farming but with people always constantly thinking things like "Am I going to meet a group of pkers right when I this last quicksilver charge runs out?"

Cut throat would not work hardcore obviously in a long league so it definitely should be softcore.
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
Última edição por Powster em 12 de mar de 2014 06:20:31
woah! diablo 1 is finally back!
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
Powster has it right. I'd be much more likely to play and enjoy a league where I lost 1-2 items when I was killed rather than all my items.

So you did nothing with CT during those 5 months.
Yet promoted a CT league and improved CT mode.

"
Non-hardcore cut-throat is usually more fun than hardcore cut-throat. Grabbing your backup set of items and trying to hunt down your killer to get your stuff back is so much fun. While permadeath is cool, it prevents a lot of the recovery aspect of cut-throat.

You need to heavily increase drop rates and decrease mob HP/resists so players can make a comeback.
Somebody with white items will never make a comeback in merciless.

"
Preventing players from forming parties helps solve the roaming-death-squad problem while also opening up some awesome friendly fire situations. You have to really trust your friends if they could take advantage of your low health by firing a few well-placed fireballs and taking your gear.

Hmm so trading disabled and solo combine SFL with CT?

"
Cut-throat world areas could probably have much lower timeout times (i.e. close after only a few minutes of inactivity) so that there isn't a big list of empty areas when you try to select one that has people to fight.

I would prefer an manual instance filter.

Just like that High player Created, Gateway
Put your own instances on top.

"
To help prevent the worst cases of griefing, we'll probably be introducing rules that prevent you entering areas that have low level players in them. While people with better items will always pose a major threat, you won't have to fight people substantially higher level than you.

3 levels difference max till level 36 or maybe 40.
Then you must take gem level differences, which are 5 iirc.

"
There may be merit to experimenting with changes like limiting people to certain difficulty levels, effectively moving the end-game down to lower levels and encouraging players to stalk those who are trying to grind for experience.

In race types I would prefer an area edit because the best CT races were those ending in ledge.
While not many reached ledge it had way more CT in it than regular CT races.

So for example you create 1h normal CT Ledge.
This means all areas are normal till ledge.
Ledge links to Ledge instead of rocky climb.
Imagine it would be an endless ledge capped at level 7.

The thing you must consider is that a PVP based league must be far less grindy. Consider to reduce mob HP by 50% or even more. Reintroduce the powerful receipes.
And increase map droprates. I think invading the Eternal Lab is a bit unfair.

I would prefer to see an orb that generates an unid map and you will be send into a map somebody else created, so you can kill somebody on Endgame maps.

"
Eventually we'd love to run multi-week (or even multi-month) cut-throat leagues if people like that duration!

Consider Settings! Drop rates must heavily be increased, crafting must be better in terms of items because the way it is now the ones being lucky with crafts will kill everybody else.
There must be a better solution than invading eternal lab.
The origins of Diablo 2 Pking were Sewer and Arcane runs. Aside from Csruns.
PK equipment could easily be found.
The Death set was a common low level pk set. Bonesnap a common pk weapon.

Also consider testing CT in Descent, EL and DC.

"
There's actually a quit-delay in cut-throat. You have to wait some time (currently five seconds?) before your Alt+F4 goes through. This is the value we used in past tests and may be changed.

3 seconds would be fine. I barely manage to escape if I felt the invasion lag in party CT races and hit escape. Most of the time I already took hits.
If somebody tries to leave once he sees the red cross the chance of escaping is next to zero unless he is close to an exit or a WP.(Maybe creating smaller areas would be a better solution for this issue)

Also consider remove Freezing, Stunlocking and Beartrap lock in CT. Those are major issues.
Also fix this after effect hit as seen here http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/496802#p4431637

In this fight I died first but the after effect hit took him down too.

Same thing happened in other races where I took somebody down and hit.

It will be a nice experiment. Keeping your gems is vital but the hard part is once you end up with support gems having back up equipment with the right sockets will be the hard part.

Most game end up finding that the users dwindle down to a hand full after the first couple of weeks. Those hand full always spam the forums begging people to join them so they can have some more cannon fodder.

I will probably give it a try but hope it isn't part of the race season and is its seperate thing.

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
I really really look forward to the cutthroat meta game. Clans, alliances, cooperative levelling, and all that!
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
Holy crap! A whole new league for cutthorat!
Sounds both scary and fun at the same time :D
Not interested at all, hope it dont take too much focus away from your maingame ://

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional