1.1.2 Patch Notes

Yay:
Checkpoints sound nice, Invasion boss nerfs are welcome (tho I play Ambush right now). Arc buff was absolutely needed. More Vaal skills are always nice, tho I never even used the normal Storm Call.

Sad:
Summoner nerf, although it was needed. Flesh offering slightly nerfed, will probably not matter that much. What'll matter more is the nerf of Evangelists, although I mostly used them for dmg, but I could imagine lots of summoners used them in high level maps for surviving stuff.

Noooo:
Rogue Exiles with Vaal skills? OMG... They're pretty hard already if you are not geared well and the 20 Exiles race will be batshit now.

EDIT: Also missed that smoke mine bit... WTF? That's a terrible change. At least give it to Lightning Warp or something. But on the bright side: One less skill on my skill bar, as it's useless now for Summoner.
Última edição por TheError em 7 de abr de 2014 03:07:56
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Última edição por bhavv em 7 de abr de 2014 03:08:13
ffs summoners...

Initial test of evangelists is their shield lasts about 8 seconds. That is a very long time. Its not off all that long either.

Cope.

Smoke Mine? you have room for SM?
I direct my minions to move and attack by dropping skeletons. Only the Tunnel map is an issue atm.

Minions arent meant to be the brightest, and shouldnt do *all* you work for you.

recall that at one time minions did not persist across zones, and tended to run off into the distance for no reason at all, vanishing if they got too far from you. That was bad times.

4 Evangelists still fuck everything and are protected much of the time. And my guys are low atm cos im relevelling the gems after using the 20% recipe (currently l13 gems).

Harden Up, fellas.

B.
The Preceding message contains discretion.
Viewer nudity is advised.
Flesh Offering now grants 30% attack, movement and cast speed at level 1, up to 40% at level 21 of the gem.

Smoke Mine no longer teleports your minions with you when detonated.

Undying Evangelists' Proximity Shields have a shorter duration, and they use it less often.

This patch is basically telling all the summoners "no more queen atziri for you". GGWP.

1. Nerf Cast on Death
2. Nerf Burned Miscreation
3. Nerf Undying Evangelist
4. Nerf Flesh Offering
5. Nerf Smoke Mine
6. Time to quit Summoner, nothing much we can do anymore

They only see the Pros of Summoner but not Cons. Minion can't even survive a boss fight without smoke mine. Very stupid, good luck to all summoner.
IGN: Clovence
Última edição por Clovence em 7 de abr de 2014 03:16:50
"
TheLurker escreveu:

Too bad the continuing boss nerfs came too little too late to keep tons of people from already leaving.

Maybe next league, Chris.

Most of my guild and friends left already :/
"
Dellusions escreveu:
... but we've been telling you for over a year about stupid shit like the "your buddy logged in/out" toast windows overlapping the loot delve windows and you don't do a thing about it. If you stay in the exact cycle you've been doing exclusively, nothing else will ever get done. Listen to the players again, it's important.

This. Minus the stupid shit & hyperbole
BLAMT!
"
bredin escreveu:
ffs summoners...

Initial test of evangelists is their shield lasts about 8 seconds. That is a very long time. Its not off all that long either.

Cope.

Smoke Mine? you have room for SM?
I direct my minions to move and attack by dropping skeletons. Only the Tunnel map is an issue atm.

Minions arent meant to be the brightest, and shouldnt do *all* you work for you.

recall that at one time minions did not persist across zones, and tended to run off into the distance for no reason at all, vanishing if they got too far from you. That was bad times.

4 Evangelists still fuck everything and are protected much of the time. And my guys are low atm cos im relevelling the gems after using the 20% recipe (currently l13 gems).

Harden Up, fellas.

B.

while I disagree about smoke mine (submerged passage and spider lair tilesets are HORRIBLE with any spectres, let alone fat ones like sentinels or carrion queens), Im sure we'll adapt.

after all, like Ive said in Matt's thread in the witch forum, summoners were wrecking shit before smoke mine or evangelists were even in the game. we'll find a way to adapt :)
"
Dellusions escreveu:

We love your devotion to the game, and how quickly you're pumping out patches, but I think you've been stuck in this same 2 week cycle so long you've forgotten that the game needs things other than "1-2 skills, 1-2 vendor recipes, some artwork, nerf something buff something, and bug fixes." If GGG simply took 1 patch cycle every 4 months and devoted it to only quality of life changes, and the top 1-2 current player issues (via a poll/vote,) you'd make people a lot happier.

You like to tell everyone that you listen to your fans more than any other company, but we've been telling you for over a year about stupid shit like the "your buddy logged in/out" toast windows overlapping the loot delve windows and you don't do a thing about it. If you stay in the exact cycle you've been doing exclusively, nothing else will ever get done. Listen to the players again, it's important.

+1
Someone suggested a means to command minions in smaller ways, and I was wondering if assigning a hotkey with the ability to call minions to the cursor point or simply too your position would be a good idea. we already have mine detonation hotkey'd in a similar way, so a simple command would be pretty handy. It'd be a nice quality of life buff to summoner builds
Última edição por PorrimsRumbleSpheres em 7 de abr de 2014 03:15:12
"
BldSwtTrs escreveu:
Chris, the evangelist nerf is understandable, but the smoke mine nerf is completely unreasonable. There is no reason you should take away utility/easy of life from a build. Smoke mine is what made summoners playable imo. Being able to save your spectres and minions is HUGE. Playing a summoner is going to be a huge headache.

When I read patch notes these days, more often than not it seems as though GGG doesn't actually play their own game. At least not in the sense that it's meant to be played "hardcore". This is extremely evident in your balancing and nerfing. Nerfs often kill builds, this shouldn't be the case. And balancing seems to be quick, dirty, and over/under tuned.

On a side note, I don't even like playing summoners. But the smoke mine ability made the build, once snap shoting is gone the build will be all but dead.

I'll show you a gleaming example of this. Clearly whoever is making unique items does not understand the full potential of certain builds. Windripper is by far the best elemental bow in the game, infact the DPS one can achieve is similar if not surpassing that of a PERFECT mirrored bow. On top of that it has added rarity and quantity stats. How exactly does this slip past those designing uniques? they clearly don't understand elemental builds very well. The second I saw that bow, I knew ppl would be running around with 30k+ potential split arrow.

I do enjoy items that inspire builds, build design is the only reason I play the game. But if your intentions is to keep uniques on a lower tier than rares, you really fucked up with that bow. And it was glaringly obvious. Not to mention split arrow and bow builds have the most efficient and quickest clear speed in the game, by a decent margin.

Meanwhile you continue nerfing builds based around whatever the flavor of the month is. Take a different approach, this method kills player retention. If you make a league that pigeon holes people, you should expect to see one build rise to the top. Experiment with one week races, nerf between leagues, and make sure you REALLY understand the psychology of hardcore, before you add a bunch of one shot boss's and kill your league.

Extremely well said. It feels these patches are simply reactionary, and there is no thought going into what could result of such sweeping changes nor are things that aren't in the spotlight even being thought of.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional