Why are you, as a player, against an auction house similar to D3's?

I'm not against it as I would use it.
I'm not for it as I don't need it.

Also, when I think "similar to D3's", I think RMAH specifically, not GAH.
I would love an RMAH for about a month as a seller (the amount of time it will take to be flooded with bot-farmed loot). After that I would ignore it.
"
The second you add an AH to an ARPG the game becomes about playing the AH. An AH will make it so the best way to improve your character is playing the AH, and not playing the game. That is a deathstroke to a game like this.

this all day. who cares about drops when you can buy all your shiny things with the click of a button. I also like how the lack of an auction house encourages self found play, which in my opinion keeps the game fresh, exciting, challenging, and rewarding.

please no auction house in poe.
"
GGG has 19 people in the company(or so I've read many times). An auction house would be a significant engineering and design effort that would take away from critical game feature development. On top of that, its a very unpopular idea in this community. It just isn't smart for GGG to implement such a feature.

Everyone else has already said why an AH is bad, however, I wouldn't be against a trading post that acted like the newspaper classifieds. Being able to list your item with a desired price and wait for people to contact you wouldn't eat as much time and it wouldn't destroy the bartering aspect. The only worry I'd have at that point is it might still make the game more about trading than looting and it still isn't worth the engineering and design effort at this time.

That would satisfy me provided you could search on a couple of key metrics. The google Crome plugin does all the stuff you need though obviously it only allows you to find stuff in you own stash!
Última edição por BlowFish em 6 de fev de 2013 10:47:25
Is it weird that I actually really enjoy the trading system in PoE? It's exciting, to say the least.
Majority of OPs since OB are full of it
- pneuma
It's all baby steps until the community aspect of any game gets killed... see WoW for an example. The system without an AH leads to more fun for some people including myself, I get more enjoyment out of working the trade channel than actually leveling and playing haha... I'm a very wealthy lvl 27
I am not opposed to a WoW style auction house, but not a real money auction house. I'm with GGG on the stance that pay-to-win takes away qualities of a game. I personally would like to be able to slap up an item for auction and be more concerned with playing the game instead of spamming trade chat and negotiating with people. I'm also happy with the way things are though, it isn't a matter I would lose any sleep over.
FAQ: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
GGG Posttracker: http://www.gggtracker.com/
"
boxgap escreveu:
Instead of writing "WTS Chain" and waiting for a reply, put your offer in chat? If you're just gonna tell everyone that pm's you that you want 3 gcp for it, why not post something along the lines of:

WTS Chain 3gcp.

An auction house promotes (ironically) less social behavior and interactions as all you have to do is click a button and browse. It can still work with a barter system, but i like the current system better. It fits well within the theme GGG are going for, and it's not boring.

Yeah, because

>WTS Chain 3gcp

>I buy it

>party invite portal trade bye

= social interaction, riiiiiight.

The truth is, both methods have pros and cons, but people only consider AH's cons and trade chat's pros.

The current trade removes the feel of *needing* to buy stuff that an AH would add, that's true. The cost for that is that when you *do* need to buy or got something to sell, it's an absolute and complete pain to the point I just stopped bothering. To get the price for anything you need extensive search, to find upgrades you (might) need to swim thru the hordes of so-so items that get on trade channel for hours and it's very easy to be ripped off as a beginner. You can't seriously say such inconveniences are "good".

I personally think a middle ground like making a very limited AH (1-2 transactions per day), or the noticeboard some people mentioned would be very good additions to this game.
An AH is definitely more convenient and a muich better system for trading.

That said D3 has shown how the game starts revolving around the AH with less people satisfied with their drops, more people using the AH and midtier items becoming cheap as dirt due to the convenience of the AH. So with an AH the game will have a month before the default AH gets saturated with very little items worth anything.

Flipping, spending lots of time on the AH, playing the market like you play stocks all become part of the game when you develop a great AH system.

So in this special case the ease of use and convenience is detrimental to the overall game experience.

I enjoy D3 and thought the AH was a good idea.. but for the masses no AH will result in more fun.
Última edição por kasub em 6 de fev de 2013 10:55:37
"
bobrock1982 escreveu:
Let me tell you why. In D3 EVERY SINGLE piece of gear I have on every single character came from AH. In PoE EVERY SINGLE piece of gear on every single one of my characters I either found or crafted myself. AH idea sounded nice on paper before D3 launched. And then d3 launched and I hated AH. It's too convenient, too easy and discourages playing and looking for items and instead encourages playing AH because it becomes the easiest way to get good gear.

QFT
No one wants an auction house because it ruins games of this nature. If you can browse the AH all day and get your gear with minimal farming and no interaction with the community then the game becomes stale, fast.

Diablo 3 is the best example of this. Take a look back at the good ole days of D2 when you had to make a game name it what ever you were looking for or trying to trade and you had to barter with someone to get what you wanted. D3 on the other hand streamlined the process with its state of the art AH... People stopped playing the game and started playing the AH. It ruined one of the integral parts of the game that had kept D2 alive for so long.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional