Why are you, as a player, against an auction house similar to D3's?

"
davep1 escreveu:
"
The second you add an AH to an ARPG the game becomes about playing the AH. An AH will make it so the best way to improve your character is playing the AH, and not playing the game. That is a deathstroke to a game like this.

this all day. who cares about drops when you can buy all your shiny things with the click of a button. I also like how the lack of an auction house encourages self found play, which in my opinion keeps the game fresh, exciting, challenging, and rewarding.

please no auction house in poe.

There will no doubt be those that do this. However as a player I spent probably 3 or 4 hours over the course of 2 days to get a weapon I was pretty desperate for. The difference is that those who play the AH do so by choice. Of course you could argue that I 'chose' to upgrade my weapon but really if I wanted to continue playing in a remotely effective manner it was a necessity.

There are clearly a few people who like to trade and they will do it regardless of whether there is a centralised marketplace. They just run auctions on the forum, all that does is makie it a crappy exerience for everyone. For the vast majority who want to upgrade and get back to the game it would be a godsend.
Seriously, god forbid you convenience grubbing "casuals" actually adapt to a different system. An Auction House has been proven to not work in D3. It doesn't work for the health or longevity of the game. If you can't see this then you are blinded by you need to save a few minutes on everything you do. You have to spend a few extra minutes to try and get a deal done here, deal with it and learn how to use it. Trading is a skill.

The "face to face" trading involves a fluid market, haggling prices, spending time trying to sell something you might get more or less than you thought depending on how much time you want to spend selling your wares. It's like a market would actually behave on an island full of exiles with a barter system.

Spend more time with it, I have had a blast talking down prices from other players and trying to get the most for my items. Things are worth what people are willing to pay or what you are willing to get for them. Adapt to the system and you can make it work great for you and have fun doing it. Don't try to change it just because you don't like it, especially to a system that's been proven to be catastrophic to an ARPG's system and health.

D3 is that way -->
Última edição por Raxero em 6 de fev de 2013 10:57:06
Well, Yes we need an AH. Oh but then I would want a panda and flying mount…. If I can’t get a panda and flying mount, then no AH *pouts and stamps foot down*

The Pope quit, a meteor fell on Russia, an
asteroid came close to the earth, there's snow
in Arizona, star wars and star trek have the
same director! Who the hell is playing jumanji?
I like the mystery of trading and in GW2 I found that the bots flooded the AH and wrecked prices. Some were even accused of selling the most expensive items to get gold to sell on again.
If GGG chickens made an action RPG, what would it be called? Path of Eggxile, a Peck 'n' Slash RPG.
Why was the helmet spluttering? It was a coif.
Última edição por Hyaon em 6 de fev de 2013 11:00:25
i like not having a set price for things, i like to barging for agood deal sometimes even a great deal, this can only be done by snipping the AH soemthing i dnt want to do, spending more then half my time ni the AH in d3 wasnt fun, maybe they could add a trading board? that teleports you to a large tradnig area?, or another board that you can make trade game and name them, something along them lines would fit better in this game i think
Última edição por danny868686 em 6 de fev de 2013 11:01:25
Can a mod lock this horrible thread please?
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
First of all, sorry for my english, it`s a second language for me ;)

Generaly, I am against any sort of auctionhouse like in Diablo 3 or WoW.

In my opinion the best way would be if anybody who is willing to sell some item could publish it in one big ingame database as long as he is playing. If anybody is intrested he can look through this database were all items that are published for trading are listed. Than you can contact the guy who`s willing to sell ingame and trade.

With a trade-mechanic like this you could play while you are searching somebody to sell an item and find items you might be intrested in very quickly without spamming "wts..../ wtb..." in some chat.

This would be my idea for fast trading without an auctionhouse.

Let's imagine AH appeared in Wraeclast. Now buying and selling gear is easy, fast and very convenient. What does it mean? It means that a lot of mediocre gear, which would be thrown away otherwise, now worth selling. Overall gear distributes more efficiently among players and everyone is better equipped.

So what to do to balance this change?
1. Leave everything as is, and early-mid game will become too easy and boring.
2. Decrease drop rates and roll chances for good affixes, and it will be nearly impossible to find and upgrade yourself.

D3 showed both possibilities actually. Blizzard used the first for lower difficulties and the second for inferno. Low difficulty levels pose no challenge and it is incredibly boring to level up your twink. On the other hand inferno is like digging through piles of shit in search for upgrade and in the end buying it on AH. A game about grinding for loot where you can not get decent loot? No, thanks.

And there is another issue - botting. AH will make buying orbs for real money much more attractive. Right now it requires time and effort and understanding to convert your orbs into equipment. With AH it is a matter of few mouse clicks. And botting for items is much more tricky then botting for currency items.

PS: have you noticed that many MMO RPGs with AH have also item binding? And most powerful items tend to bind once you pick them up and can not be sold. Even in D3 such sings started to appear. It is no coincidence, just another way around AH side effects. But it is not suitable for ARPG.
"
RIE_Spartan escreveu:
No one wants an auction house because it ruins games of this nature. If you can browse the AH all day and get your gear with minimal farming and no interaction with the community then the game becomes stale, fast.

Diablo 3 is the best example of this. Take a look back at the good ole days of D2 when you had to make a game name it what ever you were looking for or trying to trade and you had to barter with someone to get what you wanted. D3 on the other hand streamlined the process with its state of the art AH... People stopped playing the game and started playing the AH. It ruined one of the integral parts of the game that had kept D2 alive for so long.

This is true... I change my stance from neutral to against-AH.
FAQ: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
GGG Posttracker: http://www.gggtracker.com/
3 GCP for a non quality GMP?

Ridiculous. I'd rather make All 6 classes x2 and get all the gems from quest rewards.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional