Never Ending Dungeon

I believe that Torchlight had one of these and although I didn't really like Torchlight, I thought it was a great idea. The deeper you go, the tougher the mobs and better loot. If you die, your dungeon run ends. You could keep track of who has made it the deepest, kind of like a ladder. This feature would obviously add a lot of replay value too.

This idea might have been brought up already but didn't see it in the search. At any rate, it's probably already been tossed around, perhaps we'll see this feature in the future.
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
Este post foi automaticamente arquivado. As respostas foram desabilitadas.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. Not only would you be able to test your build, but also to compete against people about who could get to the floors that has the best drops.

Of course, it would require extreme balancing, as all it requires, is for someone to make a supreme build that is able to farm the floors that has the best drops, thus severely hurting the economy.
I second the agreement.

An endless dungeon would be pretty insane, and fun as hell.
Sounds extremely fun, especially when the indoors become hellishly utter dark, yet claustrophobic, and haunted ! The deeper you venture into darkness, the better the enemies become.

There should be at least a several huge places as these, i totally agree.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
"
polkaman escreveu:
I wholeheartedly agree with this. Not only would you be able to test your build, but also to compete against people about who could get to the floors that has the best drops.

Of course, it would require extreme balancing, as all it requires, is for someone to make a supreme build that is able to farm the floors that has the best drops, thus severely hurting the economy.

It doesn't have to be a big jump in the quality of items dropped, perhaps a small percentage point per level. It's the risk verses reward idea, if you're going to venture that deep, you should have better chances at better loot.

I think bragging rights would be the main draw though, especially if there were rankings or a ladder.
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
Última edição por Rippster em 19 de dez de 2011 10:07:34
Meh, double...
Última edição por Rippster em 19 de dez de 2011 10:07:19
balance is always going to be an issue with this. the process that generates each floors need to be able to take as much into consideration as possible otherwise it is only a matter of time before loopholes and strategies come into play.

ideally you'd want it to judge on a set of things for example:

number of players in dungeon
player class(es)
base attributes

these alone would give it a way to choose appropriate enemies and mob density etc on a diffculty slider. if from there you could add in the skills and passives inplay as well and it could tailor ever more specifically agasint the player.

in that sense you could then work it so that becasue of the available tools of the build at a certain point it would become near impossible to continue progression.

then it would just come down to the player to decide when to cut their losses and get out.
Possibly enforcing these dungeons to play like the cutthroat league would add to the risk/reward.if you die you lose everything you gather prior to entering. or something like that.

either way it's a complicated concept so maybe something for after the initialy release.
I approve of the idea.

No, I LOVE the idea.

Balancing could be a bitch though, I am curious as to how they are going to pull this off.
I like the idea but I could see PoE simply turning into Dungeon runs much like Baal and Cow level runs.
"
AliaoftheKnife escreveu:
I like the idea but I could see PoE simply turning into Dungeon runs much like Baal and Cow level runs.
No.. An endless dungeon is an alternative to boss runs. In D2, people ran the same dungeons over and over and over. In an endless dungeon PoE style(the same idea is present in Darkspore), every floor is different than the previous one. It's all randomnly generated so you're not likely to see the same map with the same enemies until you've ran through dozens of times. It will, of course, get progressively harder but also progressively more rewarding. That's also why PoE has severe xp and drop rate penalties when farming a lower level map, it's to prevent the exact same abuse we saw in D2's boss runs.

Listen to the Diablo Podcast #30, and Chris talks about this very thing. His solution is basically what we see now at end game and it's exactly the same thing the OP suggests, though currently it's unfinished. Right now, the endless dungeon goes to lvl 58 and then resets back to the beginning. I'm sure once the game gets closer to Open Beta then we'll see the end game dungeon get revamped.
Última edição por FaceLicker em 21 de dez de 2011 06:13:45

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional