[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

Hey people, I think it's about time I pay my respect to the creator, TorsteinTheFallen for this godlike build.

Spoiler
This was something I really enjoyed playing, from league start, till endgame, and mad props to you sir for creating it. It can really do all on a budget.
And more money you put in the build, the more it shines. It can demolish all and every content in the game, as I've put it through some nasty corrupted 100% delirium maps, corrupted feared's or salvaging other people's fully spawned invitations, unless you fuck up. Also thanks to Vennto and others for testing and improving build as best as possible.

So after starting with caustic arrow, through trying desperately to make cobra lash work in high tier maps, and finally switching to pestilent strike/viper strike set up, I think I've done it.

I min-maxed it to it's full potential, and I am fairly sure I hold the #1 spot on dps ladder of viper/pestilence, at least according to poe.ninja.
I am pushing for level 100 to get those extra 2m dps from my last passive point.

If you want to skip everything and you are just curious about the number, my shaper dps is 90,571,954 million.

On to the fun stuff!

My PoB
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/m89HyiYp

My gear:

Spoiler
Claws - my pride and joy
Spoiler

Nothing special, but I probably crafted 10 claws this league, improving on the old ones all the time

Boots
Spoiler

Probably could be divined to squeeze just a little bit more dps

Gloves
Spoiler

Another triple elevated piece of gear, I will miss harvest..

Helmet
Spoiler

I searched for first month of league for armor base with wither enchant, got laughed at in tft discord for not settling for hubris, had to settle for one.. Until few days ago when this base popped on market! One of the last pieces of the puzzle.

Body
Spoiler

+1 Loreweave, nothing really special, could not find +3 one, and I corrupted exactly 96 loreweaves in temple before I eventually gave up.

Belt
Spoiler

No story, just a good belt.

Jewelry
Spoiler

Other than swapping attack speed from ring to amulet for better roll, nothing more could be done. Decided to craft on cogwork base because we are tight on suffixes throughout the gear.
Circle of nostalgia lost me so much divines I stopped counting. I was tight on chaos resists so I had to divine it better, that was before I hit t1 chaos res on belt. Wanted to rip my hair out.

Jewels
Spoiler

After I found one synth claw base in ritual, bought other bases and crafted on them, except from abyss one that has blind implicit. Pretty easy to craft with shuddering fossils and finishing up with harvest. Funny story, I actually hit the abyss jewel prefixes on first alchemy orb.

Cluster jewels
Spoiler

Still rolling implicits on those with harvest, hoping to hit movespeed, after I got the stun immunity to chaos skills.

Watcher's eye
Spoiler

Not sure if the blind part even works as we use only vaal grace, but elder give, I take.

Flasks
Spoiler

Standard setup, now looking at it, could be divined I guess.

Random stuff
Spoiler

Along with Sadima's Touch, Goldwyrm, pair of nice ventor rings and quantity talisman, with poison sextant mod, for magic find in 100% delirium maps party

Some cool stats

Spoiler
All resists capped at 78%

74% block chance
73% attack dodge
75% spell dodge

54k armor with 37% phys reduction

12.03 attacks per second viper strike
16.73 attacks per second pestilent strike
- that is of course fully buffed in combat with everything

eHP
vs Phys - 96k
vs Ele - 2,4m
vs Chaos - 220k

3,405 life :)

Things I would like to somehow improve, if anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it:
Spoiler

Removing that +30 strength somehow without downgrading my ancestral protector
Getting to 100% hit chance, even with 600 accuracy on helmet, it is not enough. I had 100% vs even evasive mobs, but somewhere somehow I lost it.

Build can be further divined to perfection, but won't squeeze meaningful dps increase, unless:
- changing crab to spider aspect, losing on our phys reduction but gaining 4-5m dps along with spider web slows
- triple elevated suffix boots: tailwind, poison and onslaught. Huge risk when crafting, for those extra 5-6m dps. If anyone has few mirrors to throw at it, I'll take donations :p

All in all, it was a pleasure playing it, still have some easy challenges for 40/40, and I will be playing it for next league too I'm sure.

If you have any questions regarding the character, I will try and be more active on the forum, or hit me up in game @indigocobra

Once again, thank you Torstein, you made me fall in love with the game once again.

quick note:
Spoiler
I am aware the dps number is not realistic, because everything dies within a second or two, and nothing can hold 230 poison stacks for the full duration of 10 seconds. I tried to avoid taking duration where possible, as it is very overkill. Maybe kosis in t19 lived longer than 4 seconds. Still, I couldn't find anyone with better gear.
Última edição por indigoBot em 15 de mar de 2021 01:14:17
"
I min-maxed it to it's full potential, and I am fairly sure I hold the #1 spot on dps ladder of viper/pestilence, at least according to poe.ninja.
I am pushing for level 100 to get those extra 2m dps from my last passive point.

If you want to skip everything and you are just curious about the number, my shaper dps is 90,571,954 million.

Let me first say: Yes, you have great gear overall. No discussion about that. But honestly, that DPS-Number really is just PoB-Warrior-Mode :D

First of all, if we wanna measure boss-dps you don´t tick max frenzy charges and frankly max power charges, unless I oversaw some mechanic where you get them from? That gets your 90million already down to 71 Million. Secondly, and that´s the part that I dislike the most, is that you say you didn´t try to go for longer poison durations. But you actually did a lot:

- 19% duration on boots (legit, since u want the 15% faster poisons)
- 9% on ring (not needed, in fact 40% incr. poison damage essence craft is stronger)
- 10% skill effect duration on Misery everlasting
- 20% skill effect duration on Wicked Pall (2x)

Yalpe already showed a Cluster-Jewel setup that gives more dps in terms of real damage, rather than pushing the duration past 10 seconds.

So to summarize: Big Fan of your overall minmaxing and gear in general. Not a big fan of that Number 1 DPS claim ;-)
"
But honestly, that DPS-Number really is just PoB-Warrior-Mode :D

Yep, 100% agree with that. But in my defense, after a certain breakpoint, that number going up was the only thing that kept me going. No way I get the charges, no way poison stacks high, protectors go away pretty quickly (not sure if their buff persists when they are gone, they smack target for a second then vanish, not sure why), I probably left something out too. But that number is the measurement we use, don't know how else to show the dps.

"
- 9% on ring (not needed, in fact 40% incr. poison damage essence craft is stronger)

#1 like you said, legit one
#2 my old ring had poison essence mod, but after playing in pob, I will argue that 34% increased chaos damage essence and hunters 22% increased poison damage together, gives more than having only 40% increased poison damage single mod, NOT counting the duration half-mod. Duration comes in pack. So, a legit one too.
#3 is the despair curse effect buff and #4 the chaos damage. I will have to check recommended jewels and compare, probably should have gone with them then.

I didn't open forum after league launched and I decided on this build so I missed the optimal cluster setup, and didn't swap to cluster setup until I saw few builds on poe.ninja using it. That pushed me to play around with them.

"
Yalpe already showed a Cluster-Jewel setup that gives more dps in terms of real damage, rather than pushing the duration past 10 seconds.

I kinda still stay below 10s duration? 9.71s viper strike, 5.04 pestilent strike.

Thanks for the critique though, much appreciated :)

edit
besides, I still use pest strike for clearing delirium maps so that duration isn't going to waste, switching to viper on bosses. If I wanted to get more damage without caring for build's health, I would go with spider aspect + that baitnode left of swift venoms, probably some other things too, it could go up to 100m pob warrior deeps, maybe even more, who knows.
Última edição por indigoBot em 15 de mar de 2021 09:06:17
"
indigoBot escreveu:

I am aware the dps number is not realistic, because everything dies within a second or two, and nothing can hold 230 poison stacks for the full duration of 10 seconds. I tried to avoid taking duration where possible, as it is very overkill. Maybe kosis in t19 lived longer than 4 seconds. Still, I couldn't find anyone with better gear.

I have better gear than you. I have your dps without 2 void fangs or even more. Don't get us wrong but that self entintlement is a little cringy cause everyone here worked their asses for their build and claiming that is plain wrong. Two of the reasons that is not correct is your jewels and your life.
You have only 3.5k I am fairly certain you die to stuff with that amount of HP if they hit you first(especially without any LgoH) or you do not do hard content! You have 3ple attack speed on jewels with a chaos mod! Like, that's greedy even for me and your cluster decision is a little ouch!
Your helmet is clearly not minmaxed your boots also. Both me and vennto have better helmets and boots!
The build resolves around really strong defenses and neglecting them is plain wrong! I can understand your excitement to a certain extent BUT I am fairly certain we can all build a glass cannon if we wanted to!
Última edição por Orestiada em 15 de mar de 2021 09:28:58
Large cluster

Spoiler
Touch of cruelty - 10% chance to hinder while it does look good, it can't be that big, by the time mob is hindered, it is dead nevertheless. Only applicable to bosses

Unspeakable gifts - do we really take advantage of explodymod?

Wicked pall - seems like there isn't alternative to this one, #1 mod for us probably

Comparisson:
Misery everlasting 25% increased Despair Curse Effect should give another -7 chaos resist to enemies cursed, not counting flat chaos gained and % increased damage over time, it would already be better from cruelty and gifts, in my opinion.

Unholy grace gives another %inc chaos damage along with that sweet attack speed, that we simply can not pass on.

Medium clusters

Spoiler
Wasting affliction and low tolerance seem to be probably our best mods for mediums, I see they are recommended too so I won't comment on that further

I went with unwaveringly evil because it provides stun immunity while attacking. As we can not get it otherwise besides stacking implicits on jewels for the 10% chance to avoid getting stunned. In my opinion that would be the best choice just because of that, not counting any damage mods. It does come with 30% increased damage though, so that's nice.

And wicked pall again here, I might actually swap that one out after you pointed it out, thank you

That's my reasoning behind them at least. I might be wrong of course
Última edição por indigoBot em 15 de mar de 2021 09:49:59
"
indigoBot escreveu:
"
But honestly, that DPS-Number really is just PoB-Warrior-Mode :D

Yep, 100% agree with that. But in my defense, after a certain breakpoint, that number going up was the only thing that kept me going. No way I get the charges, no way poison stacks high, protectors go away pretty quickly (not sure if their buff persists when they are gone, they smack target for a second then vanish, not sure why), I probably left something out too. But that number is the measurement we use, don't know how else to show the dps.

"

#1 like you said, legit one
#2 my old ring had poison essence mod, but after playing in pob, I will argue that 34% increased chaos damage essence and hunters 22% increased poison damage together, gives more than having only 40% increased poison damage single mod, NOT counting the duration half-mod. Duration comes in pack. So, a legit one too.
#3 is the despair curse effect buff and #4 the chaos damage. I will have to check recommended jewels and compare, probably should have gone with them then.

I didn't open forum after league launched and I decided on this build so I missed the optimal cluster setup, and didn't swap to cluster setup until I saw few builds on poe.ninja using it. That pushed me to play around with them.

"

I kinda still stay below 10s duration? 9.71s viper strike, 5.04 pestilent strike.

Thanks for the critique though, much appreciated :)

edit
besides, I still use pest strike for clearing delirium maps so that duration isn't going to waste, switching to viper on bosses. If I wanted to get more damage without caring for build's health, I would go with spider aspect + that baitnode left of swift venoms, probably some other things too, it could go up to 100m pob warrior deeps, maybe even more, who knows.

Just dropping in to say hi. Nice items. I also chased DPS a lot but I kinda stopped playing 2 weeks ago or more, can't remember. At that point I had the highest dps on poe.ninja. Now its possible that I don't. Some of my pieces can certainly be improved like claws for one. Some of your pieces are better (I don't have elevated -res for ex.), some are debatable. I will say that if you are chasing DPS, you should use my cluster jewel setup. Try it in POB and report back, I'm curious to see the increase it gives you. Might want to replace life with another damage mod if you like.

Edit:

Just tested on my setup. If I change to your cluster I lose 7.5% dps but I gain 2 skill points. If you put in 4% increased damage instead of life you get 11.6% more.
Última edição por Yalpe em 15 de mar de 2021 10:07:57
"
Touch of cruelty - 10% chance to hinder while it does look good, it can't be that big, by the time mob is hindered, it is dead nevertheless. Only applicable to bosses

Unspeakable gifts - do we really take advantage of explodymod?

Wicked pall - seems like there isn't alternative to this one, #1 mod for us probably

Comparisson:
Misery everlasting 25% increased Despair Curse Effect should give another -7 chaos resist to enemies cursed, not counting flat chaos gained and % increased damage over time, it would already be better from cruelty and gifts, in my opinion.

Unholy grace gives another %inc chaos damage along with that sweet attack speed, that we simply can not pass on.

You´re right about that, but so far I didn´t bother to create a new one. I was much more referring to Yalpes BiS-Cluster.

"
#2 my old ring had poison essence mod, but after playing in pob, I will argue that 34% increased chaos damage essence and hunters 22% increased poison damage together, gives more than having only 40% increased poison damage single mod, NOT counting the duration half-mod. Duration comes in pack. So, a legit one too
Duely noted, you´re right about that. Oversaw that it´s chaos and additional poison mods. Then again, just as a tip: With the 40% inc mod you´re coming pretty close and you can open another slot for it, AND you don´t need the hunter-mod anymore which basically opens implicits. That´s my ring, thats why I am counting that option in general as the better approach:
Wow... Did you even read my post?

Spoiler
"
I have better gear than you. I have your dps without 2 void fangs or even more. Don't get us wrong but that self entintlement is a little cringy cause everyone here worked their asses for their build and claiming that is plain wrong. Two of the reasons that is not correct is your jewels and your life.
You have only 3.5k I am fairly certain you die to stuff with that amount of HP if they hit you first(especially without any LgoH) or you do not do hard content! You have 3ple attack speed on jewels with a chaos mod! Like, that's greedy even for me and your cluster decision is a little ouch!
Your helmet is clearly not minmaxed your boots also. Both me and vennto have better helmets and boots!
The build resolves around really strong defenses and neglecting them is plain wrong! I can understand your excitement to a certain extent BUT I am fairly certain we can all build a glass cannon if we wanted to!

Sorry, gotta defend myself here

Spoiler
First of all, I did not claim to have best gear. I claim I hold #1 dps spot on poe.ninja ladder, which I do, with fully functional build. Like Vennto already mentioned, and I agreed, 90m shaper dps is incredibly unrealistic and not achievable, for reasons stated in previous posts.

Second, I die, when I make a mistake. Not because of 3.5k hp, but because of not buffing or flasking, or not dodging stuff. Remove 2 extra frenzy charges, add them to 4 life nodes on tree and I'm back to comfortable ~4.2k hp where even if i make a mistake, it has to be a chain of mistakes in order for something to kill me. If I weren't doing highest content possible, there would be no way of farming enough currency for all the upgrades, as I am not a fan of flipping, crafting for profit, or doing white canyons over and over again.

Third, looking at your build sir, you might be 100% right on having better gear, as you have some sweet implicits on your synth rings, I am jealous abit.

Fourth, I tend to avoid maps where I can't leech life or mana. That is the only mod that's causing me trouble.

Fifth, what is more greedy is not having insta life flask my man. But I guess with your LgoH it is not needed. I will sacrifice my 5th flask (you got quicksilver, cmon) for the life flask.

And finally, sure. You got better helmets, props to you. that fortify effect boost and more %phys reduction while focused sure does sound sweet.
I don't think that's the case with the boots though.

Again, and I can't stress this enough, I don't claim I have the best gear. I claim I hold the #1 spot on dps ladder on poe.ninja, while still having overall very good and functional defence that CAN do all content. Now that I think about it, actually not sure if I could deep delve to 1.5k with that raw hp, o well.

I know people worked hard to make their gear, and to make this build as best as it can possibly be, and not to take away from them, I did too on my own.
After seeing the spot on a ladder, wanted to brag a little and show off my work. If that is cringy to you, well, sorry that you feel that way.
"
Just tested on my setup. If I change to your cluster I lose 7.5% dps but I gain 2 skill points. If you put in 4% increased damage instead of life you get 11.6% more.

Hey, thanks for stopping by. For sure I will test with your clusters later :)

"
Duely noted, you´re right about that. Oversaw that it´s chaos and additional poison mods. Then again, just as a tip: With the 40% inc mod you´re coming pretty close and you can open another slot for it, AND you don´t need the hunter-mod anymore which basically opens implicits. That´s my ring, thats why I am counting that option in general as the better approach:

Oh, I have to agree with you on that one then. That ring of yours does look spicy, will test it later also. But it will be hard to say goodbye to my ring :(
"
indigoBot escreveu:
Wow... Did you even read my post?

Spoiler
"

Sorry, gotta defend myself here

Spoiler
First of all, I did not claim to have best gear. I claim I hold #1 dps spot on poe.ninja ladder, which I do, with fully functional build. Like Vennto already mentioned, and I agreed, 90m shaper dps is incredibly unrealistic and not achievable, for reasons stated in previous posts.

Second, I die, when I make a mistake. Not because of 3.5k hp, but because of not buffing or flasking, or not dodging stuff. Remove 2 extra frenzy charges, add them to 4 life nodes on tree and I'm back to comfortable ~4.2k hp where even if i make a mistake, it has to be a chain of mistakes in order for something to kill me. If I weren't doing highest content possible, there would be no way of farming enough currency for all the upgrades, as I am not a fan of flipping, crafting for profit, or doing white canyons over and over again.

Third, looking at your build sir, you might be 100% right on having better gear, as you have some sweet implicits on your synth rings, I am jealous abit.

Fourth, I tend to avoid maps where I can't leech life or mana. That is the only mod that's causing me trouble.

Fifth, what is more greedy is not having insta life flask my man. But I guess with your LgoH it is not needed. I will sacrifice my 5th flask (you got quicksilver, cmon) for the life flask.

And finally, sure. You got better helmets, props to you. that fortify effect boost and more %phys reduction while focused sure does sound sweet.
I don't think that's the case with the boots though.

Again, and I can't stress this enough, I don't claim I have the best gear. I claim I hold the #1 spot on dps ladder on poe.ninja, while still having overall very good and functional defence that CAN do all content. Now that I think about it, actually not sure if I could deep delve to 1.5k with that raw hp, o well.

I know people worked hard to make their gear, and to make this build as best as it can possibly be, and not to take away from them, I did too on my own.
After seeing the spot on a ladder, wanted to brag a little and show off my work. If that is cringy to you, well, sorry that you feel that way.

As far as boots go you need the +2 to chaos gems for to link your withering step setup there and get all 15 stacks in one tap.
As for my movement flask I use it to quickly clear maps I only use life flask on sirus/ uelder/ the feared. I literally do everything else deathless without it! It's a personal preference for consistency while farming nothing more! I would never say you dont need a life flask!
Última edição por Orestiada em 15 de mar de 2021 10:39:32

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional