[OLD] Map Management Resource

"
silverthorne escreveu:
Great thread, very interesting information!
But... Temple, 5 stars?.. Really?..

Temple is amazing. Piety is one of the hardest bosses and it has an annoying layout, but maze makes the map incredible and the rooms are large enough for giant packs to form.

5 stars for drops.
"
Lyralei escreveu:
*snip*

Just wanted to say thank you and your group of friends for putting this together. It's greatly appreciated.
-ign rptd (Hardcore) _riptide (default and that's an underscore too)
You say that leech makes Smothering easy to overcome. It doesn't. Smothering halves your leech cap as well (because it halves your regen, and leech simply adds a massive amount of regen over a short period)

Trust me, my mana leech hurts severely under Smothering.
i too fas fo youuuuuuu
"
s4ntana escreveu:
How are you rating these? Difficulty? Drops? Overall? None of those options are consistent with your ratings at this point.

I've been discussing this with my group and we come to a consensus as to what to rate maps. I think you raise good points and we'll be reviewing the maps on a consistent basis and make amendments to the ratings as we learn more.

For now, when we rate them we consider many things. Difficulty is one of them, potential is another. Overgrown Ruins has an amazing Maze but my experience as well as that of others solo running it in my group over many many runs on that map has shown it to be less than stellar in terms of map yield. This when combined with the difficult boss (for that tier) which lower players may have to skip at times lowers its value.

The resource encompasses all our experiences as a group and as solo players. Thank you for being constructive though, its been a long day ;)

Edit: I glanced through it, you're right on the Mountain Ledge and Tropical Island. Syrtis called me out on it :P

"
Duskbane escreveu:
You say that leech makes Smothering easy to overcome. It doesn't. Smothering halves your leech cap as well (because it halves your regen, and leech simply adds a massive amount of regen over a short period)

Trust me, my mana leech hurts severely under Smothering.

Admittedly I run the Blood Magic gem, so I have less experience with Manaleech but insofar, none of the mana-based players in my group have had issues with this suffix ever.

"
Equis escreveu:
"
Warlord - Often inconsequential as a suffix, summoners may find problems with this.

Reading this makes it seem that you think minions get cursed by map affixes. This is untrue, if you read the suffix it says "Player are cursed with XXX."

Fixed! Thank you~
Última edição por Lyralei em 15 de abr de 2013 21:51:17
"
s4ntana escreveu:
What are your map ratings based on? I disagree with some of them (it's all opinion anyway):

- Tropical Island blows. It's very easy, but it's short and doesn't scale well with an area mod.
- Overgrown Ruin is awesome, probably 4 stars. Difficult for a 66, but is solid with maze.
- Mountain Ledge isn't that great. It's my favourite 67, but that's because it's linear and easy. Average for drops.
- Reef sucks. It's easy and quick, but incredibly small. Area size is also garbage on it.

I think if you are going to rate maps, you should stick to rating them based on drops and how they scale with mods. For instance, Spider Lair is sexy, but it's also tough to navigate, is close quarters and the boss can be dangerous. As an overall rating (which incorporates difficulty and clear speed), it shouldn't be 5 stars, but in terms of drops, it is definitely 5 stars.

The inconsistency here is when you rate stuff like Mountain Ledge with 4 stars. Mountain Ledge is an "average" source for maps, probably 2 to 3 stars, but you give it 4 because it's "quick and easy", and not in terms of pure drops.

How are you rating these? Difficulty? Drops? Overall? None of those options are consistent with your ratings at this point.

Mainly we considered 3 things: drops, speed and difficulty and the result is a combination. Mountain Ledge is not a 4star, i knew it!

On the Overgrown Ruin topic: the map sucks without Maze and is okay with maze, but you might notice that with 20 alterations to spend on average you want something more from it. You have to compare it with a Grotto, which is way better with Maze.

About Tropical Island not being good with %area, you are absolutely right about it ;)
well done! im not even close to maps because I keep rerolling but this is well thought out and informative. thanks!
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
sticky please?
TL;DR Guide to endgame mapping:

Maps you can maze: amazing!
Maps you can't maze: meh.
"
aimlessgun escreveu:

True dat ;>

@Lyralei

Great post, bout time someone took the time to write one, I've tried a couple of times but in the end I'm too lazy ;P

You may want to rate the maps based solely on the potential of mapdrops tho, and talk about the difficulty in your comments about the maps, there seems to be some disparency between the ratings on some of the maps for now, alteast, imo.

Edit: Ohyea, concider adding IIQ% to the indepth parts about mapmods, making it somewhat easier to read without having to check each affix iiq% as you go, so mainly just for readability to ppl.
Última edição por dmouze em 15 de abr de 2013 22:50:30
"
dmouze escreveu:
"
aimlessgun escreveu:

True dat ;>

@Lyralei

Great post, bout time someone took the time to write one, I've tried a couple of times but in the end I'm too lazy ;P

You may want to rate the maps based solely on the potential of mapdrops tho, and talk about the difficulty in your comments about the maps, there seems to be some disparency between the ratings on some of the maps for now, alteast, imo.

Edit: Ohyea, concider adding IIQ% to the indepth parts about mapmods, making it somewhat easier to read without having to check each affix iiq% as you go, so mainly just for readability to ppl.

Hey there! Last post before I hit the sack. I'm contemplating having separate ratings for the map on the basis of difficulty, drops and such which would help shed more light on each individual map with the map colour denoting the average. Solid suggestion altogether, and I'm keen on actually doing that. What do you think?

For now, just treat the current rating as a rough nitty gritty guide. I had that on there as an afterthought y'know.

I knew it would be controversial to include that :(

As always, I'm open to suggestions to improve this. This resource is for the community and anything that helps just goes back to everyone~
Última edição por Lyralei em 15 de abr de 2013 22:54:59

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional