What happened to poe Reddit?

I hope that Soyddit won't ever come back. Official forums should be main mean of communication for GGG. Not to mention that using clean, categorized forums is incomparably better than garbage dump of Soyddit or Facebook groups. Yes, I'm missing the old internet.
it's a really surprising view that reddit users think they have a right on a channel which someone else created and maintains.

it's like they think they contributed something by posting memes and downvoting people with different opinions.

imho, there is nothing of value on reddit other than ggg's answers to community questions.
the platform sucks, discussions are crippled cause unpopular opinions get supressed by hiding them with downvotes. people are being harrassed by idiots reporting them to suicid helplines...

it's a way for companies outsourcing the costs for maintaing a forum for their user base where users pay with their personal data.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
StinkStink escreveu:
Good riddance!

Best thing to ever happen to this game and this community will be the permanent closure of that cesspool. Or better yet, them handing it over to GGG.

Tell me you don't know the first thing about the actual rules of Reddit without telling me...

Stop. Just stop. I dislike the PoE sub more than most and feel GGG abused it as a platform but as others have repeated, it is 100% against the rules for anyone with a vested financial interest in a topic to moderate a subreddit on that topic.

I hope this helps you understand a little of what's actually happening here and why GGG can't be involved in it directly at all.
The name says it all.
As much as I can agree that forums should be used instead of reddit because it-s as much of a dumpster fire as any political subreddit, I think there was value lost in this "protest", namely memes and posts people dedicated time to post plus the top comment which usually were helpful.

Yes it had too much ragebait hatepost but there was some good when you scrapped all the shit.

And as far as I'm concerned, the subreddit belonged to the moderators, sure, but it also belonged to the people in it.

They haven't even made a poll to know the opinion of the people about the future of the subreddit, they just disregarded everyone and are bunkering themselves.
The subreddit was another publicity tool GGG had and they took it away, and that's not nothing.

It's unfair and GGG nor the followers in the subreddit should pay the price for something the mods as a whole, because this is clearly an organized movement by the mods that "do it for free", decided to protest.

They should do it somewhere else and not hold the subreddit hostage. I might not use the subreddit much but this doesn't change the fact that it's a treacherous, petty and downright malicious thing to do.
Última edição por Renkaness em 16 de jun de 2023 04:40:01
"
vio escreveu:
it's a really surprising view that reddit users think they have a right on a channel which someone else created and maintains.

it's like they think they contributed something by posting memes and downvoting people with different opinions.

imho, there is nothing of value on reddit other than ggg's answers to community questions.
the platform sucks, discussions are crippled cause unpopular opinions get supressed by hiding them with downvotes. people are being harrassed by idiots reporting them to suicid helplines...

it's a way for companies outsourcing the costs for maintaing a forum for their user base where users pay with their personal data.

Plenty of subs are really useful -- I frequent those for niche games and interests where clout isn't really the issue. And it is an incredible resource for gaming tips -- google is where I start for Elden Ring fine tuning but usually I end up on the sub.

But if you mean the PoE subreddit, then yeah. GGG should never have legitimised it by using it so prolificly while neglecting their own social platform here. Then again I have been saying that for ten years and no one fucking listened. Reliance on third party shit was always going to be GGG's weakest link.

So I am enjoying some measure of schadenfreude at this situation.
The name says it all.
"
Dreyloc escreveu:
I don't care about the reddit APIs.

If you don't like their actions, stop using their product. Blocking others from doing so is not your privilege.

The content on the POE reddit is made by the users, and is not owned by the moderators/admin.

The folks unilaterally deciding to block us from accessing it are clearly wrong in their action and should not be allowed to continue in their positions.

This hurts POE and the POE community.

There are subreddits specifically devoted to commentary about reddit. That is the proper place for this action.

Exactly my thoughts. Reddit is no doubt going through shitification, you can blame it all you want. I am web-man myself, for me using app instead of browser to access webpages is as unnatural as it sounds, and reddit mobile-web is one of the worst experiences out there.

But when some "moderators" forbid everyone for accessing sub for whatever random reason they come with, this is different kind of evil. It is absolute failure for them as moderators and for reddit for giving them power to do this. Instead of moving out themself they decide that you should move, wtf is that.
I think that GGG is so jaded at reddit that they are actually quite happy to see it go down in flames, maybe it's something they've wanted for years now.

So im not surprised they are in full support of the shut down, third party apps is probably the last thing on their mind, it was just an avenue to get where they wanted.
"
"
Xystre escreveu:
is the reddit community going to allow to stay as hostage on this protest?

you can create a new place on the same website or post here.. the entire reddit community is somewhat being hold back by what? 5-10 people that are high with power?

You had plenty of time to volunteer to be a moderator :)

Oh yeah? and why would I do that? I barely post here nowdays because it's meaningless feedback wise. It's like yet another place to rant and prove who has the biggest ego on the internet most of the "arguments" here.

poe reddit community is digging their own grave by not making moves themselves, I wouldnt blame tggg on this one.. they can create a new reddit or start posting here. People DO have choices.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Última edição por Xystre em 16 de jun de 2023 07:34:10
Good riddance!

Best thing to ever happen to this community is for that sub to permanently close.

Leader ship censoring and banning people for speaking up against things that break the games ToS. How does that make any sense!

None of these posts contribute anything to the conversation at all.

The did a small quick post where less than 10-20% of the community voted and decided that was "overwhelmingly" in favor. It was a small echo chamber. Maybe the mods and friends with a bunch of their bots and alt accounts. Who knows!
Where do i post now when mirror drops?
IGN: OsyWitch
Time zone: UTC+2

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional