Clusterfudging POE's Player Base with your hopeless wars against Reddit!

Do you have the names of the mods over there?

The subreddit will always belong to reddit in the end, its their web site
"
Antigegner escreveu:
The PoE Forum is here - and that's it, at least for me.

the huge problem is that GGG is dedicated most of their moderation (if its even theirs, i dont even know) to reddit...
even some devs are on the "unoficial" subreddit discord
like what?? why are the devs not communicating with the community here on their "own" friggin forum...? thats beyond me seriously...
also that poe reddit and discord itself is poorly moderated, the mods let some random guy who held grudge on me destroy my reputation and as i said something about it they removed me instead of him. of course i've told them to go to hell

this is beyond any profesionalism, if i'd be a game journalist being treated like that and GGG being so disconnected and divided from their community, that'd be a straight 1/10

"
Baharoth15 escreveu:
GGG does not own or control the POE subreddit, it wasn't their choice to make it private. If anything you can blame them for posting news and information on reddit rather than this forum but the sub going private has nothing to do with them.

thats exactly what i've been vocal about most of the time...
i dont know how they thought its a good idea to post informations and news about their game on a plattform that is used for like anything from gaming to p*** to
... (you allready know what) stuff that shouldnt be even found on darkweb... ffs
"
AintCare escreveu:
"We've always done our best to be a neutral mod team because this subreddit is about letting the community discuss topics"

cute

haha :D
"
Mitterand escreveu:
He he ))) funny comment of the guy, people don't know how reddit functions) I didn't knew that GGG has nothing to do with r/pathofexile too)))

"There are Penalties in the Game, no one's complaining about them"
Chris Wilson Exilecon 2019
"
Wladicorist1 escreveu:
"
Antigegner escreveu:

the huge problem is that GGG is dedicated most of their moderation (if its even theirs, i dont even know) to reddit...
like what?? why are the devs not communicating with the community here on their "own" friggin forum...? thats beyond me seriously...
also that poe reddit and discord itself is poorly moderated, the mods let some random guy who held grudge on me destroy my reputation and as i said something about it they removed me instead of him. of course i've told them to go to hell

this is beyond any profesionalism, if i'd be a game journalist being treated like that and GGG being so disconnected and divided from their community, that'd be a straight 1/10

"
Baharoth15 escreveu:
GGG does not own or control the POE subreddit, it wasn't their choice to make it private. If anything you can blame them for posting news and information on reddit rather than this forum but the sub going private has nothing to do with them.

i dont know how they thought its a good idea to post informations and news about their game on a plattform that is used for like anything from gaming to p*** to
... (you allready know what) stuff that shouldnt be even found on darkweb... ffs
"
AintCare escreveu:
"We've always done our best to be a neutral mod team because this subreddit is about letting the community discuss topics"

cute

"
Mitterand escreveu:
He he ))) funny comment of the guy, people don't know how reddit functions) I didn't knew that GGG has nothing to do with r/pathofexile too)))

Like i mentioned in the past post, GGG going through reddit was most likely through convenience in the early days. It was easier to go there and see what was the biggest issue because of the positive feedback loop of reddit. You have to realize this studio is fairly fresh esp if you look at the success they achieved. The fact they are moving away from reddit is a good sign, as it should be noted how much reddit philosophy has changed since 10 years ago. Great example is the drama happening now. IMO reddit wont be there for long. With that out of the way, GGG has a ton on its plate now, lets see what happens after poe2 release. I doubt it will be some villainous scheme like with d4, so lets just give them some time
"
AintCare escreveu:
"
Wladicorist1 escreveu:
"
Antigegner escreveu:

"
Baharoth15 escreveu:

"
AintCare escreveu:

cute

"
Mitterand escreveu:

Like i mentioned in the past post, GGG going through reddit was most likely through convenience in the early days. It was easier to go there and see what was the biggest issue because of the positive feedback loop of reddit. You have to realize this studio is fairly fresh esp if you look at the success they achieved. The fact they are moving away from reddit is a good sign, as it should be noted how much reddit philosophy has changed since 10 years ago. Great example is the drama happening now. IMO reddit wont be there for long. With that out of the way, GGG has a ton on its plate now, lets see what happens after poe2 release. I doubt it will be some villainous scheme like with d4, so lets just give them some time

Agree, time is needed indeed. I would like a better comment structure if they decide to move the community away from Reddit here. You see, if I quote your last comment the previous quotes will cover all our screen... That is really annoying, Reddit structure was very functional and you could just downvote or upvote any comment or post and it will show if people are interested or like it.
Última edição por Mitterand em 16 de jun de 2023 03:23:31
quote="Mitterand" realm="pc"]
"
AintCare escreveu:
"
Wladicorist1 escreveu:
"
Antigegner escreveu:

"
Baharoth15 escreveu:

"
AintCare escreveu:

cute

"
Mitterand escreveu:

Agree, time is needed indeed. I would like a better comment structure if they decide to move the community away from Reddit here. You see, if I quote your last comment the previous quotes will cover all our screen... That is really annoying, Reddit structure was very functional and you could just downvote or upvote any comment or post and it will show if people are interested or like it. quote]

You had me till last sentence.

yes the tapeworm created here right now its rly bad, nest the quotes.

but why press on the upvote/downvote? do you really want to turn this place into another echo chamber? I can't fathom why people like this kind of stuff.
but why press on the upvote/downvote? do you really want to turn this place into another echo chamber? I can't fathom why people like this kind of stuff. [/quote]

I can agree with that too. I don't know any other system to show more relevant comments though... The system Facebook is using with "Show newest comments" and "Show more relevant comments" is a joke too. I don't like it. If you know some better method that the Reddit's one, please write about it.
TL;DR:

someone came completely unglued because they misunderstood why the reddit sub is locked for 48 hours I assume because they simply didn't read the literal screen shot they posted. Then Forum PvP ensued.

On the subject: I logged out of reddit (hopefully permanently) its a long story but reddit is a complete joke for actual discourse and honestly might end up being one of the bigger social disasters of the internet age (massively up regulating echo chambers and wish fullfillment discourse where unpopular truths go to be silenced by downvotes).

Reddit is literally an ad populum fallacy in social media form.

I would love to see GGG improve these forums and post here more often. But the truth is they became more active on the reddit sub because these forums collect a lot of angry overreaction that can't be downvoted out of visibility.

The reddit sub had this ability and GGG started paying more attention to that forum naturally. Because at the time Reddit was still being used "as intended" and still had discussions... then it turned into "picture book time" filled with memes, then lazy sunday... discussion disappeared and only hangers on and "I only came here for the funny memes" posters remained.

Then D3 hemorrhaged all its players to POE who came over; got used to "the clear speed meta"; believing wrongly that this was the design intention of POE. So when GGG realized they needed to slow the game down because of POE2 the reddit sub turned into a toxic bad faith argument filled bat shit crazy mob. The mods did nothing to cull clearly bad faith posts, even after posting that they would do so. Especially when those bad faith posts were from Streamers like Ziz who falsely claimed that GGG promised him Ruthless would never have any events for example. Which fanned toxic flames on the reddit because tbh the reddit is basically Zizarn's viewership after all the years of pandering to every bad idea the sub has (because he also has really terrible ideas). Of course an entitled man baby like Ziz became the leader of the sub filled with entitled POE players.

So GGG since around Expedition has reasonably been less and less visible on the reddit sub. For the same reason they became scares here: selection bias and echo chambers amplifying negative views much louder than reasonable views. To the point where reasonable people leave or tune out the forum, leaving only the most ardent argumentative posters (like me what can i say arguing is a bit of a hobby, I can admit it, I'm not proud) and a vast pool of complete shit tier toxic players. So lets say you have anything less than a completely bad faith interpretation of what GGG says? > Well get downvoted... get tired of being squelched because you're reasonable > leave the sub. Until only the turds remain in the bowl

I've left the sub despite being highly critical of GGG 90% of the time because I couldn't take the bullshit and bad faith any more. You can offer feedback without being a dick or turning every minor issue or QoL problem into GGG kicking puppies.

Anyway just a little history of "the main forum versus reddit" from my viewpoint.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Última edição por alhazred70 em 16 de jun de 2023 04:45:25
"
Mitterand escreveu:
but why press on the upvote/downvote? do you really want to turn this place into another echo chamber? I can't fathom why people like this kind of stuff.

I can agree with that too. I don't know any other system to show more relevant comments though... The system Facebook is using with "Show newest comments" and "Show more relevant comments" is a joke too. I don't like it. If you know some better method that the Reddit's one, please write about it.[/quote]

I have 0 knowledge on social media structure, but i think if we got rid of all the spam (again- strict rules about posting relevant replies in threads) and format the post structure for visibility- this itself would help a lot. You can have +1 if you agree about a reply, just don't sort stuff according to it.

I periodically check a certain mongolian basket weaving forum, and they have hyper links for each post that responds to it and there is ton of spam, you can hide posts you don't care for, its super old format and very crude yet you can navigate through it quite efficiently without ordering posts according to popularity.

also from what i recall on help forums there is a option for the OP to select a solution which will bring it to the top, so that might help with certain cases on the forum.
Última edição por AintCare em 16 de jun de 2023 04:34:41
"
AintCare escreveu:
"
Mitterand escreveu:

I can agree with that too. I don't know any other system to show more relevant comments though... The system Facebook is using with "Show newest comments" and "Show more relevant comments" is a joke too. I don't like it. If you know some better method that the Reddit's one, please write about it.

I have 0 knowledge on social media structure, but i think if we got rid of all the spam (again- strict rules about posting relevant replies in threads) and format the post structure for visibility- this itself would help a lot. You can have +1 if you agree about a reply, just don't sort stuff according to it.

I periodically check a certain mongolian basket weaving forum, and they have hyper links for each post that responds to it and there is ton of spam, you can hide posts you don't care for, its super old format and very crude yet you can navigate through it quite efficiently without ordering posts according to popularity.

also from what i recall on help forums there is a option for the OP to select a solution which will bring it to the top, so that might help with certain cases on the forum.[/quote]

Yup
in my opinion there should be a up/downvote function on this forum
but "both" should be visible only to devs/mods
so people would just simply vote and not being influenced by someone else's opinion or majority
"There are Penalties in the Game, no one's complaining about them"
Chris Wilson Exilecon 2019

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional