Season Two, Event 2: 1 Week Party

Already 70 in almost 2 days? How? Playing day and night like crazy? I can only get to about 30 in 3 or 4 days...
My first character died around level 30 yesterday, but I rerolled and am 43 and still going strong! Mostly been playing solo, although I jump into parties for help with the tougher bosses. Found two Exalted Orbs on day one, so I'll leave this race feeling happy regardless of how I finish. :)
IGN: Frostveil
"
Axebane escreveu:
"
solistus escreveu:
"
PerfectXtreme escreveu:
A solo player can easily make it to 60+ within a few days of dedicated playing. Grouping is not a requirement to get points in these types of races. A good group will kill faster and thus earn experience faster but that doesn't mean a solo player can't still meet the level requirements or likely the top 500 placement brackets.

The large majority will not, though.

As a solo player, I chose not to compete. I hate party racing, and I don't want to bust my ass to inevitably lose to tons of partiers. This would be less of an issue if I thought I was likely to hit 60 solo, but I do not. Basically, to a soloist, this race involves a huge time commitment for a week to play at a significant disadvantage to *maybe* win a small prize.

I've played solo 95% of the time so far, the race has been going for less than 48 hours, and I'm already level 50. I'm in 142nd place, plus I slept for 7 hours last night. I should hit level 60 by the 48 hour mark, leaving 5 days left where I have to do nothing but just stay alive.

It's true that a coordinated party can reach 60 faster, and I hope GGG eventually tweaks the EXP formula or the extra life for monsters in parties so that the playing field is more level, however it's really not nearly as difficult as you make it sound to reach 60 solo.

48 hours in a week is a bigger time commitment than a full time job. You, as an alpha player, are estimating that as what you need to get the absolute minimum level that gets a prize. That's more time playing PoE in one week than I have ever spent to get the bare minimum prize, assuming I race as efficiently as you do.

Top 500 is more attainable than the level cap, yes, but that was kind of my point - people wanted points for levels so you wouldn't feel like you had to make Top X to get *some* reward, but they made the level tiers so high that they aren't serving that role at all.
Última edição por solistus em 21 de abr de 2013 08:59:55
"
solistus escreveu:
48 hours in a week is a bigger time commitment than a full time job. You, as an alpha player, are estimating that as what you need to get the absolute minimum level that gets a prize. That's more time playing PoE in one week than I have ever spent to get the bare minimum prize, assuming I race as efficiently as you do.

Well, if this was a solo 1 week race you wouldn't make it into top 500 either if you can't play that much, just saying. No idea what you expect, that you can place in price range during a 1 week race (doesn't matter if solo or party) with a total playtime of 30-40 hours? Even during CB this wasn't possible and there you could make top 50 easily with efficient play and only partying for the last 1-2 days. But you still had to play 4h+ everyday and then go hard on the weekends.
IGN: Yeph
Really wish that more people who played this game had jobs so the rewards wouldn't be so skewed.
@ShunTzu
@Daedalouxx
"
solistus escreveu:
"
Axebane escreveu:

I've played solo 95% of the time so far, the race has been going for less than 48 hours, and I'm already level 50. I'm in 142nd place, plus I slept for 7 hours last night. I should hit level 60 by the 48 hour mark, leaving 5 days left where I have to do nothing but just stay alive.

It's true that a coordinated party can reach 60 faster, and I hope GGG eventually tweaks the EXP formula or the extra life for monsters in parties so that the playing field is more level, however it's really not nearly as difficult as you make it sound to reach 60 solo.

Top 500 is more attainable than the level cap, yes, but that was kind of my point - people wanted points for levels so you wouldn't feel like you had to make Top X to get *some* reward, but they made the level tiers so high that they aren't serving that role at all.

No, please re-read what I typed: I haven't played 48 hours straight. I didn't say it would take 48 hours. I said that by the 48 hour mark I would probably be level 60. That's with 7 hours of sleep the first night, 8 hours of sleep the second night, a shower both days, time spent cooking meals, etc. etc. That's about 30 hours of playtime, not 48. All while playing solo the vast majority of the time.

30 hours over 7 days is about 4 hours a day. If you don't have that much free time, then focus on the short duration races instead, of which there are tons. Or, sleep less than I have been, lol.

Died on a loading screen at level 55. Was entering Lunaris Temple level 3. Took forever to load, and when it finally finished I was greeted with a resurrect button.

Why the hell do you place players into the instance when they haven't even loaded it yet? Is it that hard to detect whether the player has finished loading? Doesn't seem like a monumental programming task to me, but I guess it is.

I've been playing PoE for almost a year. I'm one the game's most diehard fans. I've defended it, and defended most of GGG's decisions for all this time. I've praised them for the frequent patches, for listening to feedback, for being involved with the community and especially for not making the game "pay2win".

PoE has the best gameplay of any free2play game I have ever tried, but the ass-backwards technical issues that plague the game are completely unfitting for a game that is supposed to be hardcore and competitive. You place so many enemies and skills into the game that are only avoidable by kiting, which greatly exacerbates the desync issues, that impact performance like hell, then you refuse to compromise on your server/client setup, blame the problems on the laws of physics AND offer little to no graphics/performance options to allow users to tailor the game to their system.

What exactly is the point in creating such deep, challenging and intense gameplay, that requires crazy fast reflexes and hand-eye coordination, when the game engine you wrote can't even handle it? Do you believe that rewarding, intense competition can exist when the biggest factor to whether a player lives or dies is completely out of their control?

At what point in the Beta stage do you plan on getting to work fixing the real issues that the game has, like performance problems, sync issues, loading screen deaths, and other technical problems that hold the game back? You are so hard at work adding new skills, new unique items, new cosmetic options, new monsters, new zones. That stuff is awesome, but why keep pumping out new content if you aren't going to fix and improve the content that has already been in the game for years now?

I'm sorry GGG, I love your game intensely. I have played probably 1,000 hours of it since I joined the Closed Beta. I am a patient person who totally understands that the game is not finished yet, but I'm starting to find it harder and harder to wait for you to do the really tough work, the stuff that is the least fun to code, but is so incredibly important for making the game experience more fun and enjoyable.

I just spent more money on PoE about a week ago, but I'm going to have to take a break for a while. It's just so sad to see such deep and amazing gameplay be overshadowed by that huge cloud of performance and technical problems that keep getting put on the back burner.
desyncdeath cave merciless :(. i died offscreen seemingly.

1 spider was obviously big enough to block the whole path and then a bunch of bears killed me.

from full to dead in less than half a second with 2.5 k hp , 3 endurance charges (for 50% dmgreduce on my level)

gl to the rest of you.
Última edição por SVD em 22 de abr de 2013 05:05:54
how do i play this
Remembered this was happening but super sick = lots of sleep and I haven't been able to talk for 3 days so I would be crap in a party haha

Perhaps next time though!
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional