Season Two, Event 2: 1 Week Party

"
Axebane escreveu:
Died on a loading screen at level 55. Was entering Lunaris Temple level 3. Took forever to load, and when it finally finished I was greeted with a resurrect button.

Why the hell do you place players into the instance when they haven't even loaded it yet? Is it that hard to detect whether the player has finished loading? Doesn't seem like a monumental programming task to me, but I guess it is.

I've been playing PoE for almost a year. I'm one the game's most diehard fans. I've defended it, and defended most of GGG's decisions for all this time. I've praised them for the frequent patches, for listening to feedback, for being involved with the community and especially for not making the game "pay2win".

PoE has the best gameplay of any free2play game I have ever tried, but the ass-backwards technical issues that plague the game are completely unfitting for a game that is supposed to be hardcore and competitive. You place so many enemies and skills into the game that are only avoidable by kiting, which greatly exacerbates the desync issues, that impact performance like hell, then you refuse to compromise on your server/client setup, blame the problems on the laws of physics AND offer little to no graphics/performance options to allow users to tailor the game to their system.

What exactly is the point in creating such deep, challenging and intense gameplay, that requires crazy fast reflexes and hand-eye coordination, when the game engine you wrote can't even handle it? Do you believe that rewarding, intense competition can exist when the biggest factor to whether a player lives or dies is completely out of their control?

At what point in the Beta stage do you plan on getting to work fixing the real issues that the game has, like performance problems, sync issues, loading screen deaths, and other technical problems that hold the game back? You are so hard at work adding new skills, new unique items, new cosmetic options, new monsters, new zones. That stuff is awesome, but why keep pumping out new content if you aren't going to fix and improve the content that has already been in the game for years now?

I'm sorry GGG, I love your game intensely. I have played probably 1,000 hours of it since I joined the Closed Beta. I am a patient person who totally understands that the game is not finished yet, but I'm starting to find it harder and harder to wait for you to do the really tough work, the stuff that is the least fun to code, but is so incredibly important for making the game experience more fun and enjoyable.

I just spent more money on PoE about a week ago, but I'm going to have to take a break for a while. It's just so sad to see such deep and amazing gameplay be overshadowed by that huge cloud of performance and technical problems that keep getting put on the back burner.

Wise words Axebane. I enjoy this game so much myself aswell. But i have no friends to play with anymore, because they are getting bored of loadscreen and desync deaths.
So idk if this kind of lag is common, but my party and I just had a 20 second period where nothing was moving and we could move around, after that was over I dropped to 200 hp(from 4k) and died before I could logout. Plesae fix this issue.
IGN - Customs
#1 Duelist Season 4
So idk if this kind of lag is common, but my party and I just had a 20 second period where nothing was moving and we could move around, after that was over I dropped to 200 hp(from 4k) and died before I could logout. Plesae fix this issue.

Desync lol
"
Axebane escreveu:
Died on a loading screen at level 55. Was entering Lunaris Temple level 3. Took forever to load, and when it finally finished I was greeted with a resurrect button.
I call this BS. Since when there are mobs anywhere near temple L3 entrance? You have to go down before any mobs could possibly aggro you.

Unless you pulled them there earlier, exited area to save your ass, and decided to go back in top of hostiles.
Big issues here... I can't log on my week race character. I can normally log on my defaut and hardcore league characters, but whem I try to log on my week race character I get stuck in the loading screen and then back to login screen. I played it until level 55 and now can't progress anymore. Please fix that ASAP or I will be unable to reach any kind of score (and will be pissed of a bit).
level 66 and in 125th place

desync then dead to Vaal

"
juzz escreveu:
"
Axebane escreveu:
I call this BS. Since when there are mobs anywhere near temple L3 entrance? You have to go down before any mobs could possibly aggro you.

Unless you pulled them there earlier, exited area to save your ass, and decided to go back in top of hostiles.

I was leaving town and entered Lunaris level 3 through my portal. The portal was perfectly safe, but it seems 1 enemy was off the edge of the screen but close enough to wander over while the loading screen took way way longer than normal. I've been playing this game for a long time, a lot longer than you have, and I know not to make a portal when I'm completely surrounded, so I always run off to a safe spot before I portal out.

But why did you dodge the main issue here: the fact that your character can die while you are looking at a loading screen. You don't think that's a serious design flaw for a game? Can you remember any other game you have played where you can die before you have even loaded the next area?

You can call BS on anything I said, you can call me a liar all you want, but it's been a known fact that you can die while still on the loading screen for a long long long time. The devs know it's true, the players know it's true, and I can't imagine that anyone believes it's not a serious design flaw to allow a player to be killed when they literally do not even see the instance on their screen yet.
Última edição por Axebane em 23 de abr de 2013 15:55:13
I died to a crit error / game crash. Maybe you should make that instant-logout just as disconnects are. :)
IGN: Eype
death lvl 50 no gear solaris
death lvl 54 to stupid tp with loading
-_-'
Última edição por siebe em 23 de abr de 2013 21:53:50
Level 73 looking for a map group. Hit me up in game @oreithia

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional