Season Two, Event 9: 1 Hour Solo

"
Qarl escreveu:
Edited to reduce the low rewards, 8 for 1 point, 12 for 3. I'll update the other races soon.

Awesome. Good move GGG. I would think the goal is to get more people to participate in the races, this is good incentive to achieve just that.
BLAMT!
"
Qarl escreveu:
Edited to reduce the low rewards, 8 for 1 point, 12 for 3. I'll update the other races soon.

Deeply appreciate you listening to honest feedback.
Thank you.

Now if we can get some other objectives for the average racer, Id' be completely satisfied.
Small rewards (1 point or currency) for certain boss kills, or progression objective races, or side area bonuses the average racer can achieve (1 point for clearing all act 1 side areas for example)
Última edição por Litheum em 18 de abr de 2013 20:49:08
the skill between a lvl 12 and a level 15 are way different

Disagree with this new structure

The top 1% getting richer and richer
Última edição por Smaggletooth em 18 de abr de 2013 21:46:03
"
asdfman escreveu:
I really like the new 10 point level rewards, they add something truly challenging to strive for. To put it into perspective, lvl 22 has only been obtained once before in a official race. With the Western nerf lvl 22 may not even be obtainable anymore but I'm sure someone will step up and do it during this season. The same goes for the 10 point bracket in 3 hour races, level 37, I believe about 6 or 7 people have ever reached that level before.

Now for the bad part about the 10 point rewards, they're only reachable for a select few classes. For example, a witch has never reached the level required for the 7 point reward in a 3 hour race while duelists/templars have a fairly easy time reaching it. This issue existed in season 1 as well, it's nothing new. I guess making the reward brackets class specific would be quite a mess, though.

Now for the lower point rewards, I think they are too harsh. I'd love to see as many people as possible enjoying and participating in races, clearly the point brackets are too harsh for the majority of players. While handing out stuff 'for free' is undesirable, these brackets are just overdoing it.

As for the random unique drawings, everyone who earned at least 1 point should have an equal chance to win them. The people who are getting 20 points per race most certainly do not need an increased chance to win the lottery uniques as well.

I agree that the new 10 pointers are quite interesting and will require skill and very good knowledge of the game to achieve. That's the point of these races and players who achieve "impossible" feats should be rewarded for it. I like where GGG is going with this idea.

However, the lower reward tiers are just brutal. The casual gamers who already had a hard time achieving lv8-10 in a 1hr race last season basically have no hope and definitely have no incentive to participate. It's basically like saying that these events are reserved only for the truly skilled and casual gamers are just unwelcome.

I remember when I got my first top100. I was still a total noob but I had been getting better. Suddenly, I was rewarded for my efforts. I had never thought I'd actually want to play races as much as I do now but those reward points really gave me confidence and boosted my spirits. I'd say I was teetering on the casual/hardcore scale and suddenly I became a regular racer. I really loved participating in season one. But if I started now, during season two, in the same context as I did in season one, I'm not sure things would be the same. It's not very motivating for the bottom tier players. It seems very...discriminatory, heavily favouring the top players who already win everything (they earn it, don't get me wrong). I may have rambled on a bit but your post reminded me of my first days on PoE and my experience racing.

Which brings me to your last point which I thought was spot on. It just seems like everyone should have a fair shot at the uniques. It's like the draft lottery in sports but upside down. Why would the top team have an increased chance at selecting the top player? I'm not saying the lowest should get more chances but everyone should have the same amount of chances at getting it, it's a lottery after all. Unless GGG absolutely wants to hand out even more prizes to the top players further sapping the hope and morale of the casual/average gamers. It's great that they added this prize drawing but the way it is now certainly does not those players more incentive to participate since they already know they have a slim to none chance of getting the random prize given their ability.

Edit: Nice! The rewards have been adjusted slightly. A step in the right direction imo.
Última edição por Lekwid em 18 de abr de 2013 22:52:11
"
Smaggletooth escreveu:

And how would you prevent this? The best are going to have the most, that's life.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Nice improvement! As others have pointed out, the skill difference between 12 and 15 is huge in 1 hour, though. You can also grind lower prison to get to 12, without any risk, while someone who progress will have a much harder time killing Brutus and Merveil to get to 16 for one more RP (maybe).

But I think the RP is fair for now, and GGG can optimize it more as results of the early races start flowing in.
Última edição por Thalandor em 19 de abr de 2013 10:32:17
"
Xavderion escreveu:
"
Smaggletooth escreveu:

And how would you prevent this? The best are going to have the most, that's life.

Well, I definitely wouldn't group up the 12-15 range, thats for sure
Última edição por Smaggletooth em 19 de abr de 2013 11:08:57
Three points for Level 15?

Yeah no thanks Jeffrey. I think I'll spend my time doing anything else.
Última edição por LimitedRooster em 19 de abr de 2013 18:15:41
12-15 is a huge difference you should break it into two sections. 12-13 2 points 15 3 points.
Pretty much agree with what most people have been saying, the difference from 12 to 15 is too huge for them to be worth the same, guess I'll just farm coves to 12 and leave it like that, last season I would get so close to 15 but wasn't able to make it, I really tried hard to make it since 1 extra point was the reward for my effort, now it means nothing at all
IGN: Aenquis/Mebius

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional