Season Two, Event 9: 1 Hour Solo

GGG should have multiple races at the same time, like 3 1 hour party or solo. Why? because Kripp. I wanna see new winners too.
"
vasdcrakz escreveu:
GGG should have multiple races at the same time, like 3 1 hour party or solo. Why? because Kripp. I wanna see new winners too.

If you want to shake things up a little GGG could add one a reward of one point for the first of each class to complete a side quest.

First person overall? gets 2 points
First Witch, one point
First Marauder, one point.

Etc.

Make it so the overall winner doesn't count towards the first in class and then 7 people would get points for completing a side quest.

It gets really interesting in parties, because only the person making the kill gets credit, so does a party stop to do a side quest for the reward of just one person? or do those end up going to people who are solo or in two player parties?

The rewards for the top finishers or top levelers won't change, but it certainly give other people incentive to race and go to the side areas?

If you wanted to really give incentive, 2 points to each class for first 1 point for the second person in the class.

How do you sign up? Do you just create a character under this ladder when it is available?
"
asdfman escreveu:
I really like the new 10 point level rewards, they add something truly challenging to strive for. To put it into perspective, lvl 22 has only been obtained once before in a official race. With the Western nerf lvl 22 may not even be obtainable anymore but I'm sure someone will step up and do it during this season. The same goes for the 10 point bracket in 3 hour races, level 37, I believe about 6 or 7 people have ever reached that level before.

Now for the bad part about the 10 point rewards, they're only reachable for a select few classes. For example, a witch has never reached the level required for the 7 point reward in a 3 hour race while duelists/templars have a fairly easy time reaching it. This issue existed in season 1 as well, it's nothing new. I guess making the reward brackets class specific would be quite a mess, though.

Now for the lower point rewards, I think they are too harsh. I'd love to see as many people as possible enjoying and participating in races, clearly the point brackets are too harsh for the majority of players. While handing out stuff 'for free' is undesirable, these brackets are just overdoing it.

As for the random unique drawings, everyone who earned at least 1 point should have an equal chance to win them. The people who are getting 20 points per race most certainly do not need an increased chance to win the lottery uniques as well.

I'd like to quote the bold specifically. This is one of your race world record holders even saying the point system is too harsh for the lower level players (90%). When even the hardest of hardcore agree it's rough on casuals, then you are doing something wrong GGG.

I consistently get top 50 overall (usually 6-10 of my class), and even I only pull 4-5 points per race. Even if i played all 200 races I couldn't obtain 1000 points. If I was really hardcore and played 100 of this seasons races, I'd be lucky to pull ~300 points (after deaths and such). That's not even a third of your point threshold. Pretty insane for a hardcore, fairly skilled player. My point being, this is rough on the casuals, and rough as well on the good racers that are not #1 every single race (which is dominated, and i mean DOMINATED by 1-2 players of each class). Yes this gives me great incentive to improve, but only out of my pure competitive drive, NOT out of rewards I can possibly obtain while trying very hard to become a top racer, which is exactly what the top racers want ~ some competition. This is a negative situation for everyone save about 6 players in the world (and one of them just posted saying he disapproves as well).
IGN: LetsGoOffOnATangent
"
Normal difficulty Catacombs: 2 Reward Points
Cruel difficulty Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points
Cruel difficulty Old Fields Cave: 2 Reward Points
Cruel difficulty Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points
Cruel difficulty Catacombs: 2 Reward Points

How do you fly to act 3+ within 1 hour and get to clear Catacombs and all cruel, I don't think even kripp can get there, how stupid is this.
Archives, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2206812
Última edição por D4wdl em 21 de abr de 2013 16:47:23
Every race so far I have had a crash then roll back.. this time it happened right before I killed hillock. It is starting to get pretty annoying especially in a 1 hour race when every second counts. Some other guy had it also it happened right before hillock died... the other 2 times were in western.
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
why isnt my character here..died at 12..but 0 points and not on list..
I hate to be yet another person giving negative feedback about the point structure and the random unique prizes, but I'm feeling pretty discouraged and I wanted to offer my point of view. I see the 3 point reward tier was lowered to level 12, but I still think the overall structure is disappointing.

First off, I'm a hardcore player. I actually won a Demigod's Presence during Closed Beta, and even I think the point/reward structure is too harsh in this season. After all the feedback you guys received from Season One, I was really hopeful that there would be big changes. I don't even see much change for the really difficult formats like Ancestral and the longer duration races. I have tons of free time, and even I don't feel like the 3 hour races are really worth it.

Again, this is coming from someone who has played PoE for almost a year. I'm not the fastest racer out there by any means (not having a solid state drive doesn't help with that either) but here's some of my accomplishments from the Closed Beta races:

2nd place Duelist - 3 hour race
9th place overall - 1 week race
18th place overall - 2 week race

At one point I was even in 4th place overall during a 1 week HC race during Closed Beta. I died in 4th place, but to even be able to reach that takes a lot of effort, so I am by no means a terrible racer.

When I read that the prize pool for the Season Two uniques was being increased and the highest one would take 1,000 points, I immediately thought "Awesome, I bet that means we will be able to earn more points per race this time" but that doesn't appear to be the case. I know there are a greater number of total races this season, but didn't Chris say that it would be very unfeasible for someone to be able to enter all of them due to timezones? So how is anyone but the top 2% of racers supposed to earn anywhere near enough points to get the better prizes?

At the very least, would you guys at GGG please consider changing the way the "random prize uniques" are given out? The top racers probably don't even want 10 copies of the Shiversting unique for instance, so why make the system so heavily skewed toward giving uniques to the guys who are already winning tons of reward points?

Would you consider changing it so that the maximum number of tickets any one player can get in the random draw is 3 per race? This would make those random prizes more random, and give those of us who aren't masters of racing a better chance to win something, which seems like the whole point of those prizes to begin with.

Sorry for the huge post, and thank you for taking the time to read our feedback, and for all the time you spend organizing and running these races. :)
"
blood_star escreveu:
"
vasdcrakz escreveu:

If you want to shake things up a little GGG could add one a reward of one point for the first of each class to complete a side quest.

First person overall? gets 2 points
First Witch, one point
First Marauder, one point.

Etc.

Make it so the overall winner doesn't count towards the first in class and then 7 people would get points for completing a side quest.

It gets really interesting in parties, because only the person making the kill gets credit, so does a party stop to do a side quest for the reward of just one person? or do those end up going to people who are solo or in two player parties?

The rewards for the top finishers or top levelers won't change, but it certainly give other people incentive to race and go to the side areas?

If you wanted to really give incentive, 2 points to each class for first 1 point for the second person in the class.

running more then 1 race at a time is the best way to not see the exact same winners every time.

Maybe they could even run races that have a lower top end reward but higher low end rewards. Would really help out those not to experienced in races.
i died doin' best run 4 me ever...
and it desync death! too bad with 8 minutes to end i have no one to blame my death beside ggg

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional