Overall Game Perfomance state - and why GGG is in silenced mode about it?

"
Dxt44 escreveu:
"
I know it is very easy to hit a wall using other engines. Unreal engine is designed mainly for first person 3D while it tries to remain generic. If, for example, you want an effect like seen the character behind the wall applying a transparent mask is maybe difficult or if you want to see 100 zombies in the screen there will be limitations, but you can do that easily with your own engine if you know how to do it. It is a trade off between the high cost to develop your own engine or use what there is already out there.

I have fun reading this.
https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine
Modify as you want, compile.
Limitation is you.

One Airbus manager said that the worst they could happens to Boeing is we send them the blue prints of our airplanes, because they will loose so much time trying to understand them that will delay the development of their own planes. ;)

What I mean is you cannot take something as big as the unreal engine source code and start tinker, besides they are not going to allow you any contribution unless you are Blizzard, Microsoft or EA.
Última edição por B00b em 11 de abr de 2024 04:02:04
"
B00b escreveu:
One Airbus manager said that the worst they could happens to Boeing is we send them the blue prints of their airplanes, because they will loose so much time trying to understand them that will delay the development of their own planes. ;)

It's programming... Why bother with DirectX or Vulcan libraries, rewrite it by your own too.

"

What I mean is you cannot take something as big as the unreal engine source code and start tinker, besides they are not going to allow you any contribution unless you are Blizzard, Microsoft or EA.

Who said tinker??? Use what you want. God

"
compile Unreal Engine games for a variety of target platforms, including desktop, consoles, mobile, and embedded devices; and build tools like Unreal Lightmass and Unreal Frontend. Modify the code in any way you can imagine, and share your changes with others!

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/content-cat/assets/codeplugins?count=20&sortBy=effectiveDate&sortDir=DESC&start=0

Yeah, buddy.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
Última edição por Dxt44 em 11 de abr de 2024 04:13:30
"
B00b escreveu:
GPUs are good for what are designed for, not for every algorithm.

No, shit. Never said otherwise. And the stuff you were talking about and I was replying to, is where GPUs are the most relevant. Some of you guys are pretending as if a CPU will outperform a GPU in tasks it was designed for, which I refuted, and that's all. No idea why you are bringing up algorithms when that wasn't even what was being talked about.

There's no way a CPU can match the performance in said tasks, especially not when GPUs can be upscaled easily and a CPU cannot. We are talking multiple levels of magnitudes of performance difference with just 1 GPU. Now, add another 3 or 7. There's a reason why mining rigs used multiple GPUs instead of motherboards that support multiple CPUs. Cost-efficiency is a thing, especially in large computing operations. And a CPU won't beat a GPU in AI tasks when it's designed for that purpose.
Original creator of the "Poor Man's Ward Loop" build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3480922
Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit, i7-13700K 5.30GHz
PNY RTX 4080 16GB GDDR6X, 32GB DDR5-6000 CL36
Samsung 980 Pro, Seasonic Prime GX 850W Gold
"
BaumisMagicalWorld escreveu:
No, shit. Never said otherwise. And the stuff you were talking about and I was replying to, is where GPUs are the most relevant. Some of you guys are pretending as if a CPU will outperform a GPU in tasks it was designed for, which I refuted, and that's all. No idea why you are bringing up algorithms when that wasn't even what was being talked about.

Voice of reason in this thread about who knows what.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
"
cursorTarget escreveu:
"
Silverpelt escreveu:

since this is a PoE on Windows

From which point? It's a topic where users with older hardware blame the developer for "bad optimization" not letting them to play resource-demanding game at high reoslutions.

I hope you won't run this code on your machine or even online compiler. [Removed by Support]

[ REMOVED CHATGPT OR ALIKE CODE]

AcrhLinux + Proton > Windows in terms of FPS. About +5-15 FPS on every hundred depending on scene. You don't need bloated office OS to run video games. Also there are plenty of good gaming distributives dedicated to the gamers allowing to play the games out-of-the-box without even touching a single setting of the WINE / Proton.

[...]

The irony, in a post that was deleted by GGG support in another thread talking about DLSS you literally called me a dimwit saying you don't know why you keep talking with me because I'm some moron who doesn't have vscode installed on his machine (lol). Here in this thread you called people cheap sakes for not having RTX 4090 and top of the line CPU/RAM and for using Windows to run a 10 y/o isometric ARPG.

[Removed by Support] like when people say the game runs slowly on their system that they should get top of the line gaming computer from 2025. [Removed by Support]

[Removed by Support]

"
cursorTarget escreveu:

It's not good idea to be passive aggressive on GGG forum, it's not your home. Be polite to the people your talking to.

[Removed by Support]

"
cursorTarget escreveu:
PS Ubuntu is bloatware. Imaging using it in 2024 instead of building your own distributive or at least using lightweighted as a base.

I showed an out of context remote bourne shell, and the first thing you say it's that Ubuntu is bloatware? lol. I use Debian on my servers too, is it also bloatware?
I'm being silly, I picked Ubuntu because after reading Archlinux [Removed by Support]

Última edição por Mousa_GGG em 11 de abr de 2024 17:47:40
hoho salt miners.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"
cursorTarget escreveu:

Topic Starter wants to play juiced maps on high resolution on the medium level PC. This thing is not working anymore. We are not in 2014. Is it so hard to understand?

[Removed by Support]

1.)Im never said - that i want 120+ FPS stable on max.settings.
Otherwise- im currently playing on everything low/Disabled - and this is not enough even for stable 30 fps.

2.)Im not running 6 man juiced maps - it would burn my PC i guess.
Doing regular 1-man alch and go maps -and that's it.

3.)My PC not 2014-2017 one, but 2021-2022 one - with 64GB memory, RTX2080/RTX 4070ti onboard, m2 SSD, 1200W Platinum cooler master power supply, 4x Case Coolers and so one.

This setup should run game like PoE - super smooth on low settings - without a single kind of Fps drops - but its not.
You telling everyone here - that's the problem on users end- PC specs - while its not.

[Removed by Support]
Conclusion #2 - GGG need to look at their code/engine and investigate the root of the problem.

Última edição por FreshMeat93 em 11 de abr de 2024 07:32:57
"
FreshMeat93 escreveu:
1.)Im never said - that i want 120+ FPS stable on max.settings.

Yeah, stable 120fps on 4090... I saw, one-man, exactly 1 frame per second gameplay. Totally acceptable optimization.

https://www.twitch.tv/ben_/clip/BlatantBashfulSandstormPRChase-ueIVnECg2x7UK8e-?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time
Última edição por Dxt44 em 11 de abr de 2024 07:28:41
I remember a guy who put the whole computer in a bucket of mineral oil just to stoop hearing the fan. Even if you have a top gaming computer, people appreciate performance. Having the fan running for hours in the long term hurts the computer, dust accumulates, and eventually they do strange annoying noises.

AS one of the best game developers I met once said. Priorities: 1. performance, 2. performance, 3. performance.

If you care about performance you will better catch players with a smooth game mechanics because the reality is most players change the graphic configuration to medium low after the intro.
"
B00b escreveu:
Having the fan running for hours in the long term hurts the computer, dust accumulates, and eventually they do strange annoying noises.

Probably it will be mind-blowing for you but if they don't spin, dust still accumulates.
Última edição por Dxt44 em 11 de abr de 2024 08:02:11

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional