Overall Game Perfomance state - and why GGG is in silenced mode about it?

"
hasatt0 escreveu:
Let's make it simple: Certain spell/MTX effects are unoptimised for CPU/GPU usage.

If you're having issues try to post your build/spells (and any MTX) as well. In addition to hardware specs (lol)

These fps issues are a case of blind men and a donkey. Everybody is having their own unique experiences.

Example: With Last Epoch 1.0 relase necor Cthonic Fissure spell, when specced into cold damage, was reducing fps to 1 for some players. A temporary workaround was not to take the cold node. This was fixed with 1.02 patch.

Are you not aware of Desecrate fix?

"
We have a fix for this coming at launch (we've enabled Dynamic Culling for the skill so its performance should be better if you have the setting enabled).

They did basically nothing.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
I would like to hear something from developers, just: "We are working on it"
This league retention is a nose dive.
"
King_Yoshi escreveu:
The processor is not the bottleneck..
It doesn't even hit 5% overall usage.
The single cores that are used for POE don't even hit 80% usage.. so it clearly isn't the processor...
It is. 5% overall usage is meaningless when PoE gives zero fucks about all these cores. Besides it's not like that TR is particularly great when it comes to single core performance either.

Your CPU is godly for workstations but actual gaming not so much. That's just how it is.
"
Ulsarek escreveu:
"
King_Yoshi escreveu:
The single cores that are used for POE don't even hit 80% usage.. so it clearly isn't the processor...
It is. 5% overall usage is meaningless when PoE gives zero fucks about all these cores. Besides it's not like that TR is particularly great when it comes to single core performance either.

Your CPU is godly for workstations but actual gaming not so much. That's just how it is.

Incorrect. PoE is multi-threaded and can use up to 16 Cores and 32 Threads since patch 3.10.

Threadripper is pretty good for CPU intensive games that can make use of the multi-core performance, but that doesn't help when the game got a patch a while back to off-load more rendering to the GPU to make the workload more balanced.

That's why some people with high-end CPUs and lower end GPUs are having issues since said patch. Their Ryzen 5 5600X and equivalent cannot carry their GTX 1070/1080s anymore.

Now, system balance matters (as it should anyway). They didn't say what resolution they are playing on, but the bottleneck will be the GPU or the game engine itself.
Original creator of the "Poor Man's Ward Loop" build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3480922
Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit, i7-13700K 5.30GHz
PNY RTX 4080 16GB GDDR6X, 32GB DDR5-6000 CL36
Samsung 980 Pro, Seasonic Prime GX 850W Gold
"
BaumisMagicalWorld escreveu:
"
Ulsarek escreveu:
"
King_Yoshi escreveu:

Incorrect. PoE is multi-threaded and can use up to 16 Cores and 32 Threads since patch 3.10.
Interesting. I myself had, and was playing, on a 5950X until last December. PoE was hammering 2-3 cores and gently using another 3-4. That was with a 6900XT. Ever since I switched to a 7800X3D and it actually uses all 8 cores there.
"
"
King_Yoshi escreveu:

The single cores that are used for POE don't even hit 80% usage.. so it clearly isn't the processor..

Something wrong on your end, mate. I play a super spammy build, maybe worse than yours, and my CPU and GPU spikes are not anywhere close to as crazy as yours. The latency spiking, though, that's got to do with engine limitations.

To be fair, I have never had issues this badly until I began to play the below build, this season... (I think the animation on the below linked page says it all.)
I have already crashed multiple people's games, when they joined me in my maps. I had it happen to numerous friends of mine who I normally play with.

Their game freezes up and crashes without an error. (I have actually had this happen once or twice to myself, as well.)

Eye of Winter Arcanist Brand - Triggerbot

Última edição por King_Yoshi em 19 de abr de 2024 12:09:08
I can play a game like Cyberpunk in high quality, but I can't play a f**** ravaged blight because my pc explodes lol.
And Cyberpunk has gamma (brightness) correction. Perhaps offer gamma correction on the store for 100 USD?
"
"
Ulsarek escreveu:
"
King_Yoshi escreveu:

Threadripper is pretty good for CPU intensive games that can make use of the multi-core performance, but that doesn't help when the game got a patch a while back to off-load more rendering to the GPU to make the workload more balanced.

That's why some people with high-end CPUs and lower end GPUs are having issues since said patch. Their Ryzen 5 5600X and equivalent cannot carry their GTX 1070/1080s anymore.

Now, system balance matters (as it should anyway). They didn't say what resolution they are playing on, but the bottleneck will be the GPU or the game engine itself.

And probably they are using multi core threads in the wrong way. More cores doesn't means better performance, because the bottle neck is almost always the memory access to the RAM. Threads are used to prioritize tasks, unless you are running math calculations that are specifically designed to efficiently use multi-cores and that requires deep expertise. Probably, they have threads in infinite loops without any sleep burning the CPU.
"
JulianTesla escreveu:
I can play a game like Cyberpunk in high quality, but I can't play a f**** ravaged blight because my pc explodes lol.
You don't deal with hundreds of entities at the same time in Cyberpunk. Cyberpunk doesn't have to calculate and update said hundreds of entities, particles, instances of incoming and outgoing damage - all while updating and exchanging absurd amounts of flexible data with a server. And that is extremely simplified.

Your point is?

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional