Hot take: Necropolis League is actually GREAT...

"
Aynix escreveu:
"
Nomancs escreveu:
"
Aynix escreveu:
Most people enjoy blasting maps, especially with new fun mechanic in it. Thats why Nekropolis has worst retention in history.
GGG never learns. SYntehsis was despised for its convuluted bs crafting, then cam harvest and it was despised for its trash "garden managment". Nekropolis combined both those things.

Thats why diablo 3 and 4 are popular, because people can blast no matter if they’re good or bad at the game. I pick PoE because it rewards thinking, less and less every league as GGG cater to casuals, but still we have treats like crafting and t17.

LMAO T17 "requires thinking"
T17 are just DPS check and nothing else. Introduction of those will make build diversity even worse because only top meta builds can handle them.

LMAO how did you turn „crafting rewards thinking” to „T17 requires thinking”? I even used different words rewards, not require lol. Now I get why you focus on „just map blasting” ;)
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Última edição por Nomancs em 13 de abr de 2024 10:20:43
All "thinking" T17 requires is to copy paste "popular streamer build #34" and buy some decent gear. Thats it.
"
Aynix escreveu:
All "thinking" T17 requires is to copy paste "popular streamer build #34" and buy some decent gear. Thats it.

Why do you keep repeating that t17 requires thinking? It seems like you created an argument you can fight against.

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Última edição por Nomancs em 13 de abr de 2024 11:08:59
"
Waitubold escreveu:
... if you're playing the game, that is, rather than playing the game's economy.

I don't care about the trade economy at all. Whether I've remembered to check the SSF box or not, I never trade in this game. The result is that I engage with the game's content, rather than trying to rush past all the game's content to get to blasting maps as fast as possible... because that's how you dominate the trade economy.

Early on, people using this strategy were salty because the league wasn't rewarding enough. Then, GGG panicked, buffed the league's rewards, and suddenly those players were having not only divines but mirrors rain on them, and they rejoiced... but all the players who couldn't play the game like degenerate no-lifers were salty, because they couldn't use the same strategies.

So, GGG floppped, nerfing the degenerate strategies into the ground, making the no-lifers all salty again because their fun was ruined, while also making the wanna-bes salty, because they'll now never get a chance to use the degenerate nonsense that GGG had patched into, and back out of, the league.

All of this drama happens in, and because of, the trade economy. If, like me, you're not trading, then you might not have noticed at all. Because the league mechanic is actually kinda fun; it might be one of my favourites, and it's definitely my favourite crafting league. I'm having so much fun, that I wouldn't mind seeing Necropolis go core.

Of course, after all the drama, there's zero chance of that happening, right? So now I also have a reason to be unhappy. Not quite as unhappy as everyone else, but it does kinda spoil the vibe to have so many people pissing in the punch bowl at the party while I'm just trying to have fun.

And all of this drama is a result of the unhealthy incentives that GGG have deliberately, systematically, consistently, promoted to their players. They've built and balanced around trade to the exclusion of all else; the one non-trade options players have access to, SSF mode, comes with such a heavy progression penalty that I have to assume that GGG don't really want anyone to play SSF.

But SSF is the option with the healthier incentives. It's the one that encourages playing and experiencing the game's content, and deciding for yourself whether that's fun or not, rather than having your perception of fun being entirely dictated to you by others. Because the trade economy, much like its real-life counterpart, is low-key a zero-sum game, where if you're not winning, you're losing, and (again, to judge by all the agita on these forums) miserable.

What PoE needs, desperately, is a properly balanced non-trade option, so that people who just want to play with the new toys, but who don't want to labour under a heavy progression penalty for doing so, can be freed to have fun with the game again, rather than being herded into the late-stage-capitalism minigame which they seem not to really be enjoying.

It's probably too late to do this for PoE1. It's not too late to do this for PoE2, the design of which appears to be all about encouraging players to engage with the content, rather than skipping past the content to get to the zero-sum economics as fast as possible. Just saying.

#ssf_is_better
#make_necropolis_core

Please learn how to type,. It's like, Your, Taking, A , Breath, With, Each, two, - , three , words, STOP USING ,,,,,,,,,,,, Without knowing how to place them holy
"
Nomancs escreveu:
"
Aynix escreveu:

Why do you keep repeating that t17 requires thinking? It seems like you created an argument you can fight against.

I think you have bad memory if you already forgot what you typed yourself. You said PoE rewards thinking and listed T17 as an example. Which is just laughable.
It is indeed laughable, as I wrote that PoE rewards thinking compared to D3 and 4, that also GGG cater to casuals more and more, but better players have treats like crafting and T17.
But I guess you had to invent something you could argue aganst. My bad, I expected too much.

Última edição por Nomancs em 13 de abr de 2024 11:22:52
"
Nomancs escreveu:
It is indeed laughable, as I wrote that PoE rewards thinking compared to D3 and 4, that also GGG cater to casuals more and more, but better players have treats like crafting and T17.
But I guess you had to invent something you could argue aganst. My bad, I expected too much.

stop making it out like GGG cares about or caters to casuals. even this league as soon as casuals found out about the exploit the streamers have been doing they nerfed it just so the casuals couldnt do it. this is the opposite to catering for casuals
Comparng last 5 leagues to 2.XX, GGG caters milion times more to casuals now. If not T17 I would say they forgot about better players entirely. There is no way to not make a mountain of currency by doing whatever. Yesterday I run heist challenge and just from doing it, I got loot worth 15div+. Anything rains currency, anyone can do pinnacle bosses without even paying attention to what happen on the screen, and we have examples on this forum.

"
Nomancs escreveu:
Comparng last 5 leagues to 2.XX, GGG caters milion times more to casuals now. If not T17 I would say they forgot about better players entirely. There is no way to not make a mountain of currency by doing whatever. Yesterday I run heist challenge and just from doing it, I got loot worth 15div+. Anything rains currency, anyone can do pinnacle bosses without even paying attention to what happen on the screen, and we have examples on this forum.

you're talking nonsense. you compare yourself, someone who has 40 challenges after 2 weeks to everyone else. regular players do 40 challenges after 3-4 months

and you do 40 every league after 2 weeks not just now
Última edição por Lyutsifer665 em 13 de abr de 2024 11:36:29
Who else whould I compare it to if not to my experience and expectations - and t17 are first thing that feel like were designed for me for first time in many leagues.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional