Melee bad - Feels good and bad to have devs confirm it

Its really frustrating whenever a forum topic about melee being bad and some bloke says melee is fine.

now with josh strife hayes' interview we finally have jonathan himself confirming how melee is bad.

he even goes off to say how ranger is his fav class AND adds that its because melee is bad.

melee is so bad it contributed to one of the reasons why POE2 is it's own thing rather than an expansion.

to finally have a dev come out and acknowledge it is really melancholic.

on one hand he validated how me and many others have felt for this entire decade.

on another its pretty sad to see that GGG knows about it but hasnt really done anything significant yet after all these years.

also its kinda good that i can finally say that all the melee is bad deniers are living in their own fantasy.
[Removed by Support]
Último bump em 26 de abr de 2024 13:55:37
Doesn't really change the fact that 90% of the problems people in this forum are having with melee including you come from bad builds and not whatever problems melee has.
But good for you. You finally got a proper excuse for not trying to improve yourself. Now you can just keep on wailing nonstop and feel justified doing so.

Meanwhile i am doing t17 maps deathless with 3 fps on average cuz my cpu is 7 years old using melee builds. I wonder who is living in a fantasy here.
Última edição por Baharoth15 em 16 de abr de 2024 03:28:41
When you say "melee bad", is it all melee skills or specific ones?

I've tried some melee characters, both red and green base types, and I always end up going back to minions or ranged.

I'm not trying to play devil's advocate, but I think there might be some differing ideas on what constitutes melee play aside from having a melee tag on a skill gem.

To me, melee is in your face, using brute force and positioning to achieve a win. I don't necessarily consider my weak attempt at a CoC WW Trickster to be melee. Even with a gimp toon like that I was able to get into red maps pretty easily. My run stopped when I was looking at a good deal of expense to go further.
I poop, therefore I am.
You can confirm something with wrong reasons. As you heard.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
They wont buff/rework melee anyway. GGG know that people are crying "melee bad". THey know it for years. And they dont do anything :)
I played plenty melee builds in past years and plan to play more (as long they will make decent league)
"
Baharoth15 escreveu:
Doesn't really change the fact that 90% of the problems people in this forum are having with melee including you come from bad builds and not whatever problems melee has.
But good for you. You finally got a proper excuse for not trying to improve yourself. Now you can just keep on wailing nonstop and feel justified doing so.

Meanwhile i am doing t17 maps deathless with 3 fps on average cuz my cpu is 7 years old using melee builds. I wonder who is living in a fantasy here.

you know i really respect that you can do what you can do. i would even go out to say that you are exceptional.

i once issued a challenge to people to do tidal island boss (campaign) on both melee and ranged. one person actually took up the challenge and did both with similar time.

i am legit impressed with his skill. i believe that you too are a good player. but i ll tell you what i told him, the better you are at a game the further away you are from what the average player experiences.

its funny that you point out 90% of melee complaints are from bad builds. doesnt that show that people like you are the exception? weak players are definitely more than stronger more competent players. but why does it have to be that way?

even with johnathan outright saying melee is bad you still manage to squeeze in some shade.

quite impressive.

"
JunkHeadJoePC escreveu:
When you say "melee bad", is it all melee skills or specific ones?

I'm not trying to play devil's advocate, but I think there might be some differing ideas on what constitutes melee play aside from having a melee tag on a skill gem.

To me, melee is in your face, using brute force and positioning to achieve a win.

to me melee is physically bonking your enemies with your weapon. if you're doing huge ass aoes/1001 projectiles, you're technically an archer/mage using a melee weapon.

you know whats interesting? spectral throw/shield throw and even shattering steel despite using "melee weapons" do not have a melee tag.

i believe ggg is self aware on how they got to where they are and had no choice but to make poe2 to "reset the game for melee"

"
Aynix escreveu:
They wont buff/rework melee anyway. GGG know that people are crying "melee bad". THey know it for years. And they dont do anything :)
I played plenty melee builds in past years and plan to play more (as long they will make decent league)

here ye! here ye!

this is one of the many reasons why i was super salty with GGG for not telling us earlier about POE2 being separate.

with holding info aside (deception), it also meant that melee was going to be stuck as how it was for longer and perhaps forever.
[Removed by Support]
I can guarantee you that i am not "exceptional" i wouldn't even call myself "good". I can make proper builds by myself but that's about it. Mechanically i am absolute bottom tier, i literally can't do uber shaper without catching at least 5 balls per bullet hell phase even after doing the fight hundreds of times.

Honestly, the only thing you'd have to do to get similar results is to follow a guide. But you refuse. You make your own builds, knowing you aren't good at it, but keep doing it anyway and then blame the game because the results are shit.
That's the actual problem here and the reason i honestly get mad everytime i end up reading one of these posts. The complete absence of selfawareness is mindboggling. It's like picking up a buckled car on the scrap yard and then saying cars are shit.

Like, let's just assume for a second that melee was actually the best archetype in the game, that a well build 10/10 melee build was the best you could play. Do you think it would change anything for you when you keep playing your selfmade 1/10 builds? No it won't. No matter what GGG does, if you can't be bothered to learn and improve you'll always end up falling flat relative to people who do.

Most of the "melee is bad" faction in this forum is the same. You gotta realize that 70-80% of the complaints about melee in this forum come from like 6 people. That is by no means a representation of the entire playerbase. That's why i explicitly said "people in this forum".
There are thousands of players out there doing all content using melee builds despite not being nolifers/streamers. It's really not that hard. Maybe it's harder than doing it one your flavour of the month meta build but even then "worse than the best option" is not the same as "bad".
Última edição por Baharoth15 em 16 de abr de 2024 04:41:09
"
exsea escreveu:

its funny that you point out 90% of melee complaints are from bad builds. doesnt that show that people like you are the exception? weak players are definitely more than stronger more competent players. but why does it have to be that way?

Anyone can find guide for good melee build. Playing melee requires one of two things. Either having enough knowledge and experience to make ur own build or cast aside your pride and just copy someones else build. Even tho I play since closed beta nowadays I usually use the second option because I cant be bothered fioguring out 50 diffrent "requirements" that builds need nowadays and I just leech from someone who already did the work. Its way more fun playing this way (at least for me)
"
Aynix escreveu:

Anyone can find guide for good melee build. Playing melee requires one of two things. Either having enough knowledge and experience to make ur own build or cast aside your pride and just copy someones else build. Even tho I play since closed beta nowadays I usually use the second option because I cant be bothered fioguring out 50 diffrent "requirements" that builds need nowadays and I just leech from someone who already did the work. Its way more fun playing this way (at least for me)

mechanically melee is the worst of all skills. anyone can make melee "work" knowledge and experience are two very important components. but then the gearing can be a pain as on average a melee build would need much more investment compared to say an average spell.

its funny how back during sanctum i bitched about how bad melee was, it was so bad even mathiel discouraged people from going melee. one forummer went out to prove me wrong by showing me a clip of a melee-er that cleared sanctum on a no hit original sin run. yeah for sure melee is good if you delete everything in seconds.

if there is a curve of how melee playthrough feels, it will be at a low point for most of the playthru until you hit certain thresholds where you get more dps and get you build online. usually for melee that comes very late. while spellcaster tend to have a more even curve.

the most fun way to play melee is to essentially not play melee. have huge ass aoe and you can delete everything asap before they become a danger and if you're bossing, with such an aoe you can effectively kite the boss with little down time.

lightning strike and frost blades are two really good examples of melee "not being melee". they're technically playing ranged attacks while using melee weapons.
[Removed by Support]
"
Baharoth15 escreveu:

Based take. I wish more players would have that mindset. You keep grinding, king.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional