Melee bad - Feels good and bad to have devs confirm it

"
hmcg020 escreveu:
"
Izrakhan escreveu:
...So you say melee is fine but you set your profile to private. Mine is public. I've no problem with others looking at my builds to back up my statements.

People PoB your characters then PM spam you in game you saying "your build sucks LOL...my build's infinitely better than yours...". This is why some people hide their characters, especially older profiles. I had two accounts do this to me recently and reading their vomit, blocking them and then it happening again was just a pain in the arse. So, I hide my characters now. I always had a completely open profile until about a month ago.

All that is to say, a private character sheet is not a great arguement unless your trying to ask why people have like 10 mirror builds 1 week into league, etc.

People can spam whisper you with just your username though. Hiding the profile is irrelevant.

I'm saying it because it seems to me people who profess to have everything figured out are hiding their builds. So their statements are just useless to all of us.

It would be ideal to have someone from the community that routinely scales melee to endgame but we know what they would say. That outside of dual strike and boneshatter melee is not good. If they do anything else like Quin tends to do it ends poorly.

So a rando with a private profile telling us melee is fine is not moving the needle.
"
Izrakhan escreveu:

It would be ideal to have someone from the community that routinely scales melee to endgame but we know what they would say. That outside of dual strike and boneshatter melee is not good. If they do anything else like Quin tends to do it ends poorly.

So a rando with a private profile telling us melee is fine is not moving the needle.

That is bullshit. Mathil is making several melee builds every league, AFAIK he NEVER didi Boneshatter. He even did "Quin EQ Chieftain" this leage and did even T17 on it.
What does he say about melee? That its good. Just like everything else. Waht does he say about Penance Brand (that he played AFTER giga nerf it got this league)? That its boring af to play and he cannot imagine how people could play it last league.
What did he say about zoom zoom Bow builds (he never did TS, but he had one build close to it recently)? That he got bored of this shit the moment he finished campaign and he continued solely for the sake of finishing the build.
You know who cries that Boneshatter is only viable melee skill and melee sucks? Metaslaves.
Última edição por Aynix em 16 de abr de 2024 17:34:46
"
Aynix escreveu:
"
Izrakhan escreveu:

That is bullshit. Mathil is making several melee builds every league, AFAIK he NEVER didi Boneshatter. He even did "Quin EQ Chieftain" this leage and did even T17 on it.
What does he say about melee? That its good. Just like everything else. Waht does he say about Penance Brand (that he played AFTER giga nerf it got this league)? That its boring af to play and he cannot imagine how people could play it last league.
What did he say about zoom zoom Bow builds (he never did TS, but he had one build close to it recently)? That he got bored of this shit the moment he finished campaign and he continued solely for the sake of finishing the build.
You know who cries that Boneshatter is only viable melee skill and melee sucks? Metaslaves.

Mathil dies though. Enough that his opinion here would be irrelevant considering the problems with melee are chiefly about defensives being lacking in endgame.

To put it another way if you're not moving you're dead. A lot of melee builds don't shine in this regard. You're never tanky enough to just stand there wacking away at an endgame boss.

Now of course I can get a character to T16 maps without much fuss. I'm doing that now on a sunder zerker. He dies though. Especially to juiced, possessed rares who move faster than I do.

That's with 80% phys reduction, ele, hinder, bleed and corrupted blood immunity.

Damage isn't the concern for me. He ramps to about 1m dps. That's enough to do most content. But it would be if I were doing pinnacle content.
Game will never be balanced around HC. We dont care melee dies from to time because we play SC.
Then you cannot understand the perspective. Sorry but that's just the problem with this argument.
"
Izrakhan escreveu:
Then you cannot understand the perspective. Sorry but that's just the problem with this argument.

I dont need to. Melee is not viable in HC? Stop playing HC. GGG will never make melee "viable in HC" because that would make it completly busted in SC.
"
Aynix escreveu:

Anyone can find guide for good melee build.

Where to find such builds (no sarcasm)? My brother is a melee junkie, and especially a Marauder junkie, but all guides we see is either Bone Shatter or totems.
"
And then people finally were able to test out this "awesome melee in PoE 2" and all they said that its even WORSE.

The awesome POE2 melee experience:

- monster auto attacks hit even harder
- you move at 1/10 the POE1 pace so you have no way to out maneuver and single out targets
- bosses have telegraphed specials/slams but you have no way of avoiding them in or near melee range INCLUDING THE FIRST BOSS (big guy with a club) IN THE FIRST AREA LOL
- flask charges are limited and you port to town to reset them
- you attack so slow that you can eat a sandwich and do your taxes in the meantime

Your reward for overcoming these challenges will likely be a handful of garbage currency and a lootsplosion of rare items that are so bad you wouldn't even use them for leveling.

And the devs look at this and wonder "ya this looks good, how about we give ranged builds attack while moving?"
Última edição por mnieradko em 16 de abr de 2024 18:26:00
"
Aynix escreveu:
"
Izrakhan escreveu:

I dont need to.

Except you do because HC has been a game mode since the beginning here.

You don't get to tell us hey go play SC because HC won't ever be balanced.

It's real easy to fix melee in HC without making it broken in SC (whatever that means). Adjust the reduction numbers on phys and ele. Problem solved. Currently it takes too much investment as a melee character to survive in HC. So that's why meta is meta. The meta skills simply offer enough power offset to support both high defenses and kill speed.

"
Aynix escreveu:
Melee is not viable in HC? Stop playing HC.

Nobody is interested in this argument. I assure you of that.
"
Izrakhan escreveu:

Except you do because HC has been a game mode since the beginning here.

No I dont. HC is selfimposed hard mode. No one forces you to play it. No one cares about "hc problems" except few people who still play it.

"
esostaks escreveu:
"
Aynix escreveu:

Anyone can find guide for good melee build.

Where to find such builds (no sarcasm)? My brother is a melee junkie, and especially a Marauder junkie, but all guides we see is either Bone Shatter or totems.

If you are beginner level and need well written guide, this Forum has few nice guides + maxroll.gg. If you are at little higher "knowledge level" and you do not need everything to be told, you have even more builds on this Forum (that are not well written guides but more like PoB and some basic info), youtube has plenty of "less known content creators" that show their builds, also poebuilds reddit. Once you are knowledgable enough that pretty much PoB is enough for you - PoE ninja, pick skill you want, check people from top, yoink their PoB (check if items they have are afforadble for you, if not check another guy).
Última edição por Aynix em 16 de abr de 2024 18:42:52

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional