Melee bad - Feels good and bad to have devs confirm it

"
Baharoth15 escreveu:
I can guarantee you that i am not "exceptional" i wouldn't even call myself "good". I can make proper builds by myself but that's about it. Mechanically i am absolute bottom tier, i literally can't do uber shaper without catching at least 5 balls per bullet hell phase even after doing the fight hundreds of times.

Honestly, the only thing you'd have to do to get similar results is to follow a guide. But you refuse. You make your own builds, knowing you aren't good at it, but keep doing it anyway and then blame the game because the results are shit.
That's the actual problem here and the reason i honestly get mad everytime i end up reading one of these posts. The complete absence of selfawareness is mindboggling. It's like picking up a buckled car on the scrap yard and then saying cars are shit.

Like, let's just assume for a second that melee was actually the best archetype in the game, that a well build 10/10 melee build was the best you could play. Do you think it would change anything for you when you keep playing your selfmade 1/10 builds? No it won't. No matter what GGG does, if you can't be bothered to learn and improve you'll always end up falling flat relative to people who do.

Most of the "melee is bad" faction in this forum is the same. You gotta realize that 70-80% of the complaints about melee in this forum come from like 6 people. That is by no means a representation of the entire playerbase. That's why i explicitly said "people in this forum".
There are thousands of players out there doing all content using melee builds despite not being nolifers/streamers. It's really not that hard. Maybe it's harder than doing it one your flavour of the month meta build but even then "worse than the best option" is not the same as "bad".

i must admit i have my bias on this topic so i dont really pay attention to who are the few who chime in on melee is bad coz i m part of that echo chamber.

as for uber shaper. i m confident i can kill him but i know i m never gonna be able to avoid the bullets during bullet hell phase. so i 've tempered my expectation and am never attempting uber uber shaper. i play on softcore so i die a huge lot. but i m fine with that.

i cant dispute you too much as you seem to have more experience playing proper melee builds, and you probably are right, if i actually used a proper build i could probably do way better in POE.

this might seem like i m moving the goal post or whatever but i tend to play melee in other arpgs or even mobas. in comparison melee feels more balanced in those other games.

all in all, i would say i wont disagree without you 100% there definitely is some truth in what you have said. the players themselves do have some blame if theyre not playing properly.
[Removed by Support]
If we don't consider screen wide splash damage and/or tons of projectiles to be "melee" then yes it'll forever be inferior to ranged. I mean, what do you want that would suit your definition of "melee" and still blow up everything on the screen?

The other factor disadvantaging melee is move speed and defenses are heavy stat sinks in this game. Ranged can dump them since they don't need to move to attack, and they can kill things before they reach them. Melee HAS to waddle over into thing's attack ranges.
(Later there's more parity as enemies get their own bonkers move speed and range, so everyone needs defenses. And move speed is important for div/h, though less important for being able to hit t16s.)

Finally fortify kinda sucks. Especially since they made it based on the ailment threshold system. Harder content double dips in overwhelming your defenses, since they hit harder and you get less fortify.

The "melee" skills I've played are cyclone and flicker strike. Cyclone isn't melee to some (being an aoe skill), and flicker strike solves the whole movement speed thing. Regular-ass strike skills just start in a weaker spot and have to invest more of their stat budget to get to par.
Украина в моём сердце
"
exsea escreveu:

mechanically melee is the worst of all skills

It doesnt matter. Something ALWAYS be "the worst". What matters is whether you still can make it work and the answer is yes.
When people say melee is bad do they really mean that it's not fun? Or it's not easy? The two are not exclusive and I have way more fun with a bonk stick than a pew pew stick even though it makes the game harder.

You need to have better defenses and reflexes otherwise your going to die a lot to things that ranged characters don't ever have to worry about. If you don't mind dying then you will have fun.

Find the fun in what ggg has given us and go with it. Melee in POE1 is not fun for GGJonothan so he is making it fun in POE2 (according to the interview the monk is his favorite class atm). But I bet playing it will still be harder than playing ranged and some people will still say "melee bad" in that game too.
Última edição por JVTriton209 em 16 de abr de 2024 15:47:56
Yup I'm facetanking ubers as poison molten strike pathfinder, just had to invest 200x what a hexblast build needs to beat ubers hahah

Fk why do I love melee.

And GGG keeps saying stuff like, in poe2 this, in poe2 that. You guys CAN make changes to make melee a better experience, it already has all downsides from being in melee range (duh).

You just don't want to expend resources in PoE 1 to improve it, but I'd be gladly proven wrong next league (please).
Última edição por eduloots em 16 de abr de 2024 15:25:15
I wouldnt know TBH.

This league is all about sitting in your graveyard and looking at spreadsheets.
"
eduloots escreveu:

And GGG keeps saying stuff like, in poe2 this, in poe2 that. You guys CAN make changes to make melee a better experience, it already has all downsides from being in melee range (duh).

You just don't want to expend resources in PoE 1 to improve it, but I'd be gladly proven wrong next league (please).

And then people finally were able to test out this "awesome melee in PoE 2" and all they said that its even WORSE.
"
Baharoth15 escreveu:
Doesn't really change the fact that 90% of the problems people in this forum are having with melee including you come from bad builds and not whatever problems melee has.
But good for you. You finally got a proper excuse for not trying to improve yourself. Now you can just keep on wailing nonstop and feel justified doing so.

Meanwhile i am doing t17 maps deathless with 3 fps on average cuz my cpu is 7 years old using melee builds. I wonder who is living in a fantasy here.

This bitterness is not warranted. The OP's clearly coming from a place of good faith by addressing the melancholy he feels having a founder, and leading dev address it directly, and then elaborate on what problems it has. It doesn't feel good to feel vindicated in this scenario, but it feels refreshing to not have the same old knee-jerk reactions such as "skill issue" that happen similar to yours here, in literally every single thread about the challenges melee face.

People's complaints were legitimate to begin with. The hostility against them was not. Now you can't just keep on wailing nonstop and feel justified doing so.
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
"
Baharoth15 escreveu:
Doesn't really change the fact that 90% of the problems people in this forum are having with melee including you come from bad builds and not whatever problems melee has.
But good for you. You finally got a proper excuse for not trying to improve yourself. Now you can just keep on wailing nonstop and feel justified doing so.

Meanwhile i am doing t17 maps deathless with 3 fps on average cuz my cpu is 7 years old using melee builds. I wonder who is living in a fantasy here.

I'll bite.

I've played the game since warrior. So 2013? Something like that.

I play melee almost exclusively every league. Getting immunity to elemental ailments, bleeds, corrupted blood and high phys reduction is necessary. I also play SSFHC a lot.

I have seen some of my characters get destroyed even during campaign runs. This league I lost a jugg in A10. With 6 endurance charges, 80% phys reduction, 80% ele reduction. He was one shot by Avarius's cleave attack.

That's just one example. I've seen the same thing happen to Glads, Melee Chief, Berserker, etc.

The Jugg died because he was a super slow EQ build. That was intentional to max the hit and the aftershock. He was slow enough that the A10 boss had enough time to cleave him on his way out. Dead in one shot.

So you say melee is fine but you set your profile to private. Mine is public. I've no problem with others looking at my builds to back up my statements.
Última edição por Izrakhan em 16 de abr de 2024 16:52:06
"
Izrakhan escreveu:
...So you say melee is fine but you set your profile to private. Mine is public. I've no problem with others looking at my builds to back up my statements.

People PoB your characters then PM spam you in game you saying "your build sucks LOL...my build's infinitely better than yours...". This is why some people hide their characters, especially older profiles. I had two accounts do this to me recently and reading their vomit, blocking them and then it happening again was just a pain in the arse. So, I hide my characters now. I always had a completely open profile until about a month ago.

All that is to say, a private character sheet is not a great arguement unless your trying to ask why people have like 10 mirror builds 1 week into league, etc.
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
Última edição por hmcg020 em 16 de abr de 2024 16:59:55

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional