Upcoming 0.11.5 microtransaction effect - Infernal Anger Aura

"
cutt escreveu:
Wow, so many ignorant people complaining about an indie developer trying to make some profit from their completely free game with cosmetics. Stop being spoiled brats, GGG probably is the most honest devs out there, honestly. Go blame EA and Activision instead, really.

+1

"
Knightmare101 escreveu:

Wow man <Removed by Admin> Seriously.. You like the new auras, we like the old.. Why not give us OPTIONS then??? Whats so hard about that? Ohh they did, in the form of money...

its not hard, its a case of they are sub optimal performance wise, and Im guessing GGG think they look like shit, I think they look like shit (for the most) and so do others. Why didnt they have an option to keep your old helmet art? Because it was old, shit art. Maybe someone prefers the old helmets, great, theyre not going to get an option for them because an artistic decision has been made and artists dont want an option to make their art look like shit because someone likes it that way. The fact you have a different taste in game visuals does not make GGG scammers trying to get money from you.

I have 2 jobs, doing graphic design and engineering/producing music. If a client asks me to make their design look like shit, I will tell them its shit but I will give them what they want. They contracted me to make something for them, I did it, its their art. When we make music, often a demo cut will go out and get played, and people say hey, I prefer the demo cut of that tune, can we release the demo as an alt version etc? No, no you fucking can because the demo is a piece of shit, it is our art and we spent x amount of hours 'fixing' that demo to our tastes. We are open to criticism and we tailor music to suit an audience, but we are not going to allow something we love to be dogshit because someone with bad ears likes it that way.

You have to accept that creative people have a vision, its their vision, complain that you dont like it all you want but its very unfair to claim they are trying to somehow scam money out of people with aura effects. If they dont want the old auras back, you just got to take that on the chin. I dont think they want to release a game that looks amateur. A professional, consistent, beautiful looking game, if thats their vision they are entitled to stick to it and we are entitled to go elsewhere if its not for us.
Why not have that dear GGG

new aura and old aura in options mode as "simple aura" / "default aura"

THEMED aura instead 1 aura effect microtransaction... at least people can buy a pack of the aura they want use...

release themes and you will get income for sure.

Thanks
Onslaught.
hmm maybe step up, but i want OLD AURAS back !!!

God dammit, give it back! :D Who cares about performance, i want to look badass with 9 auras
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
thepapadan escreveu:
Any possibility of having Tempest Shield follow suit with the auras? I personally love the low key aura art, and a giant spire of lightning mist shooting out from my shield is a little much.

Yah take away my last favorite affect in game ty....
IGN: Crix_st
LL Blade Vortex
I fear that all the constructive criticism in this thread will end up giving more classes a raise zombie gem in the first descent chest.
"
Chris escreveu:
"
Nycro escreveu:
Looks like you're striving more and more to make free players look stupid and paying players look awesome. This game is now completely P2NotLookTerrible when I used to be able to look awesome without paying, I'm quitting.

More of our development budget goes towards free updates to make players look cool (like the new helmet art) than to microtransactions. For the servers to stay up we have to have cool looking stuff to sell, but we try very hard to have a variety of good looking free options as well.

Why do you even respond to this Chris?

The game is free to play, the players who want the microtransactions can buy them but get nothing out of it besides visuals.

There are even people who dislike all the microtransactions besides stash tabs.
Now some guy comes on whining about that we have to pay in order to get cosmetics? What a load of crap!

If he won't spend any money on PoE he is irrelevant as a customer anyways. Don't respond to those ungrateful jerks Chris, you're way too kind for them.
"
Chonk escreveu:
Even if they changed the original auras to more basic looking ones to sell "better" looking ones down the road (which I don't believe is the case), that's completely their choice. It's not going to change your build or play style. It's not going to break the game. GGG do an amazing job updating, listening to player feedback, incorporating ideas & making an all around awesome game. On top of that, you can play it for free, with no restrictions that impact the game. They have to make money some how. It's not some little project that they do for fun in their off time. It's their job & they need money to continue doing this. Thankfully they are against P2W. So they use cosmetic effects as a way to bring in cash. If you don't want to support them with money, that's fine, you don't have to. But please, don`t slander them just because you feel entitled to something that you really shouldn't.

This +1

TY GGG - I really believe you guys are leading the future of the current gaming development market, I'm sure all other developers(even the big ones) have taken more then a passing notice of you guys. Please. Don't. Stop. Thank You.
Última edição por PapaJunk em 23 de ago de 2013 13:58:10
the aura is LAME

just bring back the old auras as an option in-game.
"
Hawkly escreveu:

In-game option: [] "More detailed Aura Effects" <-- Go go.

^I agree

I hated the flashy auras tbh. These pixie-like auras aren't very cool as well, but at least I can look at my character without danger of an epileptic.
Giving the players the option to turn the old ones on with an option would make everyone happy, I guess.

Tip: transaction auras should be something badass in my opinion. Something that is not a bubble flying around you, but an actual "aura".
Última edição por lexcaintt em 23 de ago de 2013 16:25:01
"
Mythicpoe escreveu:
I see what you guys did, remove the awesome looking auras - replace them with dull shit looking ones, then redo the auras so they look even more awesome and then put them as a micro-transaction. Great.

I mean, I wouldn't give two shits if you guys actually had the old auras as an optional setting, I even asked Chris about this awhile ago, guess we're just going to have to pay to look cool!

I'm not quite as angry about it, but this did pop into my head whenever I read the news.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional