0.9.12o Patch Notes

I assumed Hillock took a little less damage from fire because he is so easy to kite, making the fight trivial for witches starting with fireball and rangers starting with burning arrow. Both classes can also easily fall back to the standard wand/bow attack when out of mana. So.. was this really needed, again? The latest patches show a tendency to make monsters weaker which makes me a little anxious.

On a related note, please buff the crap out of Hillock in cruel, ruthless and merciless. He's a complete pushover for any class in higher difficulties.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
"
dust7 escreveu:
I assumed Hillock took a little less damage from fire because he is so easy to kite, making the fight trivial for witches starting with fireball and rangers starting with burning arrow. Both classes can also easily fall back to the standard wand/bow attack when out of mana. So.. was this really needed, again? The latest patches show a tendency to make monsters weaker which makes me a little anxious.

On a related note, please buff the crap out of Hillock in cruel, ruthless and merciless. He's a complete pushover for any class in higher difficulties.

We are indeed making certain monsters weaker when we need to. I wouldn't worry about the game getting too easy though, when we strip out the fourth difficulty there will be some substantial rebalancing of the difficulty levels and progression.

Hillock is intentionally not super hard because he's an easily repeatable boss monster so his drops are never going to be as high as an act boss.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Wait wait wait... where did I say anything about drops? Oo
"We can't make this boss a challenge because he is easily repeatable" is not a design philosophy I agree with. You don't have to give every challenging enemy an awesome loottable, you know? Killing Hillock gives you access to Lioneye's Watch, a worthy reward.
Your concept leads to having every decent fight be hidden in the bowels of a multilayered dungeon, while I am very certain players would enjoy some hard unique enemies in the overworld areas.
For example, Kuduku is very easily accessible, the fight is fun and challenging, and I have not heard anybody complain about his drops yet.

As for the rebalance when the third act will be introduced, I am already very excited for this.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
Última edição por dust7 em 1 de out de 2012 06:23:28
Chris, I think Map drop rates need to be nerfed, once Public Stash tabs, player and forum trading are added in.
For the sake of balance.
Sweeping Maid
Última edição por nzrock em 1 de out de 2012 06:30:47
"
Chris escreveu:
50% of players get more than average. I just feel bad for the 50% that get less than average :(

Increased map drop rates the longer you go without having a map drop!
IRON MAN
3 vaal pyramid runs,still no map

i dont know who is responsible for this but ggg should consider firing that guy
some of my IGNs:

EKDDtemplar/DualTotemSparkfotm/jesusbestjewever/EverhardDick/SilSol/SilSol_eight/SilSol_seven/
SilSol_ten/FiretemplarwithAA/JesusFacebreaker/SilSol_three/SilSol_two/grumpycatbestgodever
"
nzrock escreveu:
Chris, I think Map drop rates need to be nerfed, once Public Stash tabs, player and forum trading are added in.
For the sake of balance.

Disagree.

First: Not all HnS players like to trade. hnS should not be balanced around trade. if you go that way you will get mess with no enjoyable drop rates like Diablo 3.
Drops should be balanced around solo play with trading as an optional way to 'more, faster and (maybe) easier'.

Second: Public Stash pages and Trade System merged with them will be paid features = not all players will use them.
Online Game should not be balanced around paid feature with restricted access.. its easy and short way to P2W.

Free Forum trading = forum use = not all players will use this system (its common fact that maybe 10-15% of MMO playerbase post something on forums. And (but it is my asumption im sure that half of them are users of 'technical support' (game related problems).

GGG please dont copy diablo 3 and P2W korean games mistakes.
"
Chris escreveu:
"
Maverickroll escreveu:
Just out of curiosity, what is the actual drop rate of maps up to now? It seems as if every other patch the drop rate gets buffed to a higher percentage. Are they small incremental changes or is each increase a rather significant jump up? Just curious

It's not a giant increase, but because it has a snowball effect (the world drops more maps which drop more maps), we're being careful.

Mapception.
99% of suggested changes would make the game easier. Thats why only 1% of suggested ideas are even worth considering.
"
Kabraxis escreveu:
"
nzrock escreveu:
For the sake of balance.

Disagree.

First: Not all HnS players like to trade. hnS should not be balanced around trade. if you go that way you will get mess with no enjoyable drop rates like Diablo 3.
Drops should be balanced around solo play with trading as an optional way to 'more, faster and (maybe) easier'.

Second: Public Stash pages and Trade System merged with them will be paid features = not all players will use them.
Online Game should not be balanced around paid feature with restricted access.. its easy and short way to P2W.

Free Forum trading = forum use = not all players will use this system (its common fact that maybe 10-15% of MMO playerbase post something on forums. And (but it is my asumption im sure that half of them are users of 'technical support' (game related problems).

GGG please dont copy diablo 3 and P2W korean games mistakes.

I agree, it should be balanced around solo play, and you should not have to "rely" on trading, it is that simple.
I just ran a +15% 61 map, got 4 new ones while clearing it. Since I got my first map I haven't been in the act-areas since, so the rng seems to be very favourable for some, not as much for others (I assume people are clearing their whole map). Before this patch I've usually gotten ~1-2 new maps per map cleared.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional