Cast on Crit

Does anyone have informations on the proc chances?

Edit #1:
I also believe that there will be one cast per activation of the skill on crit.
So likewise charges you cant get more than 1 per use of the skill. Can´t confirm that but i suspect it will work that way.
IGN: dReAliE_nem
Última edição por drealie em 7 de out de 2013 17:44:56
The main question now is:

Can you trigger traps? (bear/fire/lightning)
"
Nephalim escreveu:
but how would that be any better than

mainskill + wed + faster attack + life leech + multistrike + melee splash ?

ok... let´s imagine ridiculous gear and an all-out critbuild (with every global critchance-/critmulti-node you increase both melee and spell crit) with pretty high strength (sth like 500-600 str) for melee physical dmg, shall we?

20% Flicker Strike + life leech + melee splash + Iron Will (equals 120% incr. spelldmg) + Cast on Crit/Cast on Melee Kill + Discharge

A low-life build with Shav would only need to take 1 dedicated spell-node: Pain Attunement.
The resulting spell- AND melee-dmg should be pretty ridiculous.

By running Blood Rage the build would constantly create Frenzy Charges from Flicker and Discharge and permanently consume them. Also the whole screen would permanently be frozen.

You could exchange Flicker for Power Siphon, Discharge for Ice Spear and Melee Splash for GMP, have Iron Grip specced and use a physical crit-wand...

As I said, requires pretty ridiculous gear, but would definitely be possible.

regards

/edit:

"
Nephalim escreveu:
dont forgot endurance charge + defensive trigger for even more charges.

Absolutely. 20/20 Enduring Cry + Cast when Damage Taken + some high crit AoE spell + Power Charge on Crit

That´s a lot of charges :D
Hold on to yer shite load o´ bloody barnacles on me arse-cockles, me hearty!

IGN: Trapsdrubel
Última edição por Azdrubel em 7 de out de 2013 17:58:51
"
Zealflare escreveu:
The main question now is:

Can you trigger traps? (bear/fire/lightning)

I can't say it for sure, but i would guess yes, they do have the spell tag and in the case of fire trapp it even benefits from spell damage AFIK. And the trigger states - triggers the attached spells
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
"
Azdrubel escreveu:
"
Nephalim escreveu:

ok... let´s imagine ridiculous gear and an all-out critbuild (with every global critchance-/critmulti-node you increase both melee and spell crit) with pretty high strength (sth like 500-600 str) for melee physical dmg, shall we?

20% Flicker Strike + life leech + melee splash + Iron Will (equals 120% incr. spelldmg) + Cast on Crit/Cast on Melee Kill + Discharge

A low-life build with Shav would only need to take 1 dedicated spell-node: Pain Attunement.

By running Blood Rage the build would constantly create Frenzy Charges from Flicker and Discharge and permanently consume them. Also the whole screen would permanently be frozen.

You could exchange Flicker for Power Siphon, Discharge for Ice Spear and Melee Splash for GMP, have Iron Grip specced and use a physical crit-wand...

regards

thats very creative. dont forget endurance charge + defensive trigger for even more charges.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Última edição por Nephalim em 7 de out de 2013 17:58:26
"
Azdrubel escreveu:
"
Nephalim escreveu:

regards

Awesome idea :D As you say, not cheap, but certainly seems possible. I would also like to add the offensive procs certainly aren't gems which you can throw in any build, but IMHO they will fit into some very creative niche builds, which wouldn't be possible without them :)
So i see them as a great addition.

Another point about trigger - the spells didn't seem to have a cast time in the video, does anyone think you could build a (viable) caster who would trigger his spells by critting with his (very fast) weapon (maybe dual wielding for even more speed...)? Those crits could trigger 3 spells at once and if all 3 crit it might actually make up for the lack of supports... I guess this idea would in the end depend on the chance of the trigger...
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
"
Zealflare escreveu:

Chained LA won't work very well with Ice Nova, because based on the video, the casting location/origin still comes from your character, so the off-screen chained LA would just make you cast ice nova around yourself. Cold Snap would work though.

ahhh it casts from you, that sort of sucks but i guess its a little more balanced.

"
Nephalim escreveu:

it wouldnt be even useful for even him. what good is a level 20 spell gem when you have no spell damage?

if cast on crit needs to be linked to the active skill then its mostly worthless other than to murder fps.

spells get a lot of their damage from gem level rather than your wand stats, they help but are not as important as a melee weapons stats to a melee attacks damage. If you think about how much global crit chance and crit multiplier he is stacking with a crit dagger build, no doubt full power charges. Its not going to be as high as his daggers crit chance but I bet you could scale a lvl20 spell off it fairly well and its not going to 1 shot him on phys reflect like putting melee phys gems on those daggers will.

If you are reaving/melee splashing/cleaving and working with area damage nodes/gems those are going to work with something like shock/ice nova too. Conc effect crit Reave with shock nova in a carcas jack + area passives perhaps.

But I agree its hard to see a lot of cases where its going to be viable at all, time will tell. Im guessing theres going to be a few really gratuitous builds who do something crazy with it and a lot of people trying it out and finding nothing thats really as good as just adding 2 phys/speed/wed gems.
Última edição por Snorkle_uk em 7 de out de 2013 19:18:34
"
Danoga escreveu:
could you picture incinerate with spell cast on critical linked with fireball how OP and sweet that would look

Incinerate can't crit...
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
meerkatz13 escreveu:
because critting with bows is substentially harder than with - let's say - a dagger (correct me if i am wrong.)

It's meaningfully less likely, sure...

But when you think about a piercing split arrow dropping 50 ice novas in one attack, it begs the question "is this thing limited to one proc per attack or is this gonna be even crazier than D2 amazons?"
It's a much simpler reason than people are giving... how would the gem know which spell to cast vs the spell to act on?

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional