[2.2] Wurpo's quill rain + cast on crit build (aka stress test build) [not scion anymore]

I've want try something similar but with more focus on manareg(for AA) and survival(life&evasion).
So how important are the spell damage nodes from the witch and shadow (elemental from shadow does not affect spells afaik) really? And how does projectile damage scale? It seems to me that some various skill combinations are doing enough dmg without a mass of spelldmg.

I've spend some more points so its not 100% comparable, but midrange 80 is a realistic goal for me.
For the last points options are in all directions available:
HP/Evasion, EB, BM, Conduit, Aspect for the Eagle, Manareg or Crit Multi:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABCGfyl5tdqJpaUkrIkzq9Jxg8-ei31ttZLaixkIMJb57KSsM6Vi2sf5u1GYr7CfbaGo9uqrXyNZL-j03jplcxnojxrFki6ujWzerrFI2_BbXUI92oxqIwcUt4OkJRR6q4qn-NfTB8b_I51KCffyvWij7Pveb5YxXw51TVADpYBH6HGQzypctGceGIHar-STY9iGvjhLb3ES9jQ8BRcNVwUg5IEZado_yrcLvZEy9vmyYyAbIZz3qdqmKs1p0_JypNS0nAGQ0C6yxFln1b4oBMMpLNrEc=
With 5 frenzy and finally 5 power charges (bandit reward) AA, grace, clarity and maybe one dmg aura (depends on used spells) with EB it seems very strong on paper.

Feedback please, what do you think about?

Redgards,
Paranoya

"
buttseckz escreveu:

Edit: Leaving one question here. What are you guys doing for single target? No matter what I do, it doesn't seem to be worth it.

I press X for my "high" lvl Bow linked with frenzy
Última edição por PAranoya em 4 de dez de 2013 06:49:54
Pasta hit the mark on all his notations.

Arctic Breath has an awesome animation. And Freezing Pulse goes out in a 180 deegres angle and its awesome by itself. But when I used it mixed with Arc or Fireball, I actually managed to disconnect the whole party, myself included. It was an actual disconnect, not a crash or freeze.

I don't know about damage, as my gems had different levels and I just started messeing with this build yesterday, but Fireball seems to be great. I even considered adding some burning damage to the build, because with a 99% projectile speed quillrain, I was setting everything aflame two screens from where I was. I'm not really sure about Firestorm tho. It doesn't seem to do as much damage.

One skill I really liked and it seemed to deal a lot of damage was Ice Spear. That second form is still overpowered and 600% crit is amazing. Whenever I was far enough to trigger that second form, everything just disapeared from the map.

Anyway, hope we can keep changing experiences on this build.

Oh, by the way, have anyone tried Frost Wall on the 6L ? Its very funny. I simply kick any mob from the screen. It works like a Knockback on steroids and it increases the survivability like crazy.

Edit: Leaving one question here. What are you guys doing for single target? No matter what I do, it doesn't seem to be worth it.
"
Dumblet escreveu:
ever tried Cast on Damage Taken + Frost Wall for single target lightning arrow spam?

Frost wall is hard to actually hit with all of the arrows, the skill doesn't react correctly to being shot. I've tried a frost wall spell totem.

@buttseckz
The best single target is probably getting the monster near enough to a wall so that you can shoot the lightning arrows into the wall and splash all 5 onto him, also why are you using a 4g2b voll's instead of of a quill rain?

There's an idea I had that uses LA+GMP+CastonCrit+ 3xArctic Breath and you use that to shoot the wall near a rare/boss monster, which will shotgun it with 15 arctic breaths. I don't have a 6l voll's to test it though. It would also be quite hard to color voll's 3g3b

@PAranoya
I'm really not sure about all of that, I've never used arctic armor. You'll have to tell me how it goes and if it's worth it.
Última edição por Wurps em 4 de dez de 2013 23:41:54
"
pasta777 escreveu:
Spoiler
Hi Wurps, Hi all,

this build is great. Since I've started to build a similar character I enjoyed every single piece of it. Especially the extremly high damage output to mob packs over a large area is magnificent. Thx again Wurps for the idea of this great build.

Currently, I am at lvl 85 and want to contribute here with some feedback and experience from my char.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me start with the facts

My char
crit chance: ~50% (with 6 power charges)
crit multiplier: ~500% (with 6 power charges)
aps: ~10 (with 5 frenzy charges)
auras: grace
curse: critical weakness
life: 3k
chance to hit: 80%

Skilltree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABH4FtQzyDkgRlhOeFfAWvxzcJDwk_SaVJ6ksnC0fLagwcTB8Nj02eznUOkI6WDsoPs9Eq0ZxSTtJUUrIS3hMs1AwUUdVS1WuWm1b9F3yXvph4mKsY0NtGW17b_JwUnDVfjN_K3_GguSDCYcZh9uIQohriq-MNo19jb-Ppo_6kBGTJ52jnaqgn6GkoqOkkaXLp1yqf6q4sZC0DLSjtUi31r3mvrzAUcHFwfPGotA51CPVANaK1p3bWdte3ajh2-OE51TyHfPq-WP8q_7I

gear

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My (empirical) points for discussion:

- Damage - I have tested a lot of combinations of the two spells triggered by Cast on crit (CoC) with level 19 or 20 gems mostly with quality. My conclusion is, that the highest damage can be reached with a combination of Fireball/Arc or Firestorm/Arc. I also tried to trigger only on skill but support this one, e.g., arc/lightning penetration 19/20 or , Arc/Increased Crit Chance 18/20 but the damage doesn't feel the same. The combination of Arc/Dold Snap is of course very good, too, and more secure due to freeze. Other spells like artic Breath, Freezing Pulse, Ice Spear, Spark, Novas etc are funny to watch but deal much less damage. The disadvantage of some of those spells is the missing auto-aiming or the limited area of effect. FYI: I have not tried Etheral Knifes or Detonate Dead so far.

- Survivability - I have 3k life, resists capped, running grace, using CwDT(lvl6) and CwS (lvl19), spamming constantly movement/jade/granite flask, and in principle none of the monsters can kill me. I am my biggest enemy due to elemental reflect and thorns. And i dont know what to do against it. Most of my deaths in the last 10 levels are caused by suicide, at the most when the reflect guy isn't in my FoV. Any advice here except "be careful"? The other main cause for dying is puncture. I try to handle this with my hybrid flask (removes bleeding).

- Lags - Any combination of the spells causes lags especially in parties. Its very common that I get kicked because the party leader has a slow PC. I think I am also responsible for many deaths of other chars who died during a lag. My current way to deal with this is to swap to cold snap/increased crit chance during party play. Here is a list with the most laggy spells in descending order in my experience:
Artic Breath > Fireball > Firestorm > Arc/Spark/Ice Spear/Freezing Pulse > Cold Snap
This means unfortunately the damage output is somewhat proportional to the lagginess :)

Questions:
I want to finish with some more open questions, in particular to Wurps:

Why dont you use "Maligaros Virtuosity"?
Is the linked gear/skill tree in the first post really your current gear/skill tree?
Dumb question: Does "cast on crit" consum power charges?

Thx in advance
pasta777

This is a pretty strange concept to need to think about, but since your game doesn't stutter when you use arc/cold snap (very often at least) your dps might actually be higher since fireball/arctic breath's dps ends up being lower in real time.

I've tried pretty much every spell combo, EK is actually incredibly strong just so you know.

Yes, that's actually my gear, and I suggest a bleed-removing quicksilver flash. It's helped me often.

With the SC build you just need to be careful with ele reflect and thorns, the ethereal knives/vaal pact variant of the build can easily tank reflect and lightning thorns though.

And yes, the cold snap is fueled off of power charges. You get more than you consume though, so you stay at max almost all of the time. Your crit chance might go down 2.5% for an instant sometimes, but otherwise it stays high.
Última edição por Wurps em 4 de dez de 2013 23:20:19
Buddies! Share your single target gem setup please and post its pros/cons. I have 6L GGBBBB Voll's and I think I am not using its potential:/ Combinations I used with madatory coc+frenzy were:
- 4x Ice spear (nice dmg for long range, but on high lvl maps mobs are getting close to me easily:/ and they require much time to kill anyway)
- 3x Ice + frost wall(19quali) (that was pretty nice to see Kole's struggling far away from me like little baby in craddle, but in general when mob is quick or jumping or flickering or whatthefuck (60% of them) frost wall sux somethimes blocking my escape
- 3x Ice + freezing pulse(13% but low lvl) - for some additional freeze chance and not bad crit chance (6%), anyway sux as well - bosses are immune to be freezed for a long time and 10% freeze chance is not worth it
- 3x Ice + increased crit chance gem(110%more) - not bad, I was runnning it for a long time... but when I replaced it with Item Rarity there was no big difference though;p
- 3x Ice + Item Rarity seems to be not so bad idea, when my gear has only 22iir from rat's nest:/ and my rare drops happen... very rare;/

I am thinking on better survivability VS bosses, I am using projectile weakness curse to get some knockback chance and it works pretty nice (more accuracy also, making distance to cast 2nd form of Ice Spear). Knocback also helps to keep hard targets up to the walls, so we can shotgun them with aoe skill like Wurpo advised.

Any idea for the best single target combo? Maybe some not-blue gem like Knocback? I cannot test it without destroying my Voll's colors:/
Última edição por HeyterVic em 6 de dez de 2013 19:24:58
Maybe another spell? I have no idea if Storm Call would be usable on quick mobs, but it could deal good dmg due to the shock. But it has just 4% base crit. :/
Or Fireball? Fireball deals a lot more dmg than Ice Spear in its first form and can be linked with conc. Effect, which is stronger than 4x Fireball.
IGN: Scordalia_
"
Caliginosus escreveu:
Maybe another spell? I have no idea if Storm Call would be usable on quick mobs, but it could deal good dmg due to the shock. But it has just 4% base crit. :/
Or Fireball? Fireball deals a lot more dmg than Ice Spear in its first form and can be linked with conc. Effect, which is stronger than 4x Fireball.

I would imagine 3x fireball and 1x conc effect would be the highest damage possible, assuming the second form ice spears aren't better.
I've been doing a lot of testing, and my recently combo of:

Flame Totem + GMP + Knockback + Blind has been working out VERY well, it pushes things into walls incredibly fast and locks them there.

With this new development, the best single target option is probably now:

Lightning Arrow + GMP + CoC +(Fireball or Arctic Breath) + (Fireball or Arctic Breath) + Concentrated Effect

I'm not sure if fireball would be possible though, it's insanely laggy.
"
Wurps escreveu:
I've been doing a lot of testing, and my recently combo of:

Flame Totem + GMP + Knockback + Blind has been working out VERY well, it pushes things into walls incredibly fast and locks them there.

With this new development, the best single target option is probably now:

Lightning Arrow + GMP + CoC +(Fireball or Arctic Breath) + (Fireball or Arctic Breath) + Concentrated Effect

I'm not sure if fireball would be possible though, it's insanely laggy.

This is some really nice idea to use flame totem as a useful decoy and I will test it. Now I am messing around with frenzy+coc+3x Ice spear+18QFirestorm doing nice dmg and making lot of knocbacking hits when proj. weakness is on. Anyway it's hard to say how really wise is it, cause I am too op for low lvl maps with my lvl of 82, when life pool started to be ok (3k) and spell dmg is enough to kill all single targets pretty fast. All bosses now are easy comparing to time when I was lvl 60-70. Challenge starts on 70+ maps ofc.

Btw - this is my suvival combo:
. I ll try to rearrange it to use flame totem.
Thx for hints Wurpo! Good advices from the "source" are always very welcome.
Última edição por HeyterVic em 7 de dez de 2013 09:41:49
Why did you decide to use a Cwdt gem instead of Cast when stunned in your boots, HeyterVic? And why on such a low level, shouldn't it procc often enough even on high gem levels?
Wouldn't it be better to use use Cws to use a high level Decoy? Is it because of the low Strength with this build?
Sorry for the question assault. :)

The knockback totem sounds really great. :)
IGN: Scordalia_

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional