[2.2] Wurpo's quill rain + cast on crit build (aka stress test build) [not scion anymore]

"
Allirion escreveu:
snip

There's a very small window in time inbetween each lightning arrow bouncing to each individual target, it doesn't all happen at the same time, but rather in very rapid succession. The crit from power charges stays max most of the time, in rare cases it will go down one power charge worth of crit though.

The lightning arrows hit more times with crit than the cold snap procs due to the cast on critical strike gem only having a chance to proc and voll's giving a 100% chance.
I'm currently 32 - should I level ice spear in my Quill Rain while I get to 35, or leave it level 1?
Look like I was not smart enough when I was thinking I can save 1 ex overall buying 6L Voll's and 5L Quill...

Colouring this shit is making me crazy...:(
Any possibility to make this voll's 4 green 2 blue? Or should I sell it back saving tons of chroms?
WURPO can you advice me what to do in case of having one more socket in Frenzy section? I mean what gem will do its best here? Life leach or another dmg booster? I'll stick with 5L Quill Rain without cold snap. Thx!
Última edição por HeyterVic em 19 de nov de 2013 13:47:48
Have you got enough mana ??
"
HeyterVic escreveu:
Look like I was not smart enough when I was thinking I can save 1 ex overall buying 6L Voll's and 5L Quill...

Colouring this shit is making me crazy...:(
Any possibility to make this voll's 4 green 2 blue? Or should I sell it back saving tons of chroms?
WURPO can you advice me what to do in case of having one more socket in Frenzy section? I mean what gem will do its best here? Life leach or another dmg booster? I'll stick with 5L Quill Rain without cold snap. Thx!

I'd probably just put a fourth ice spear in the voll's, but that coloring will be hellish.

I don't recommend 5L for the main lightning arrow link though, it cuts the build's power in half.

A 6L quill is incredibly easy to color correctly.

"
gaugau11 escreveu:
Have you got enough mana ??

If you mean me, thief's torment gives enough mana to keep it up forever.
Última edição por Wurps em 19 de nov de 2013 20:43:05
This build looks really fun, I would like to try it though I am not sure I can afford it. However I am curious as to why you choose to use LA+GMP instead of just using Split arrow which would allow you another spell to cast on crits with the same number of projectiles fired? I wouldn't think that LA would shock much being level 1 and all.

Thanks!
"
Wurps escreveu:

It wasn't for my EA toon ;)

The only thing stopping me from doing this build is having to ruin the colours on my quill.
It looks like a great build.
IGN: BigtimeBigtime
Quality Ele hit, gmp, cast on crit...80% more crit chance ^^

if i was anyone doing this i would start out with split arrow, cast on crit, arc, ek. coldsnap later is fine and LA is fine later but u dont have to use high mana cost of LA early.

one question does crit EA explosion trigger cast on crit? if u use pure qillrain damage (all phys) u could do some ridiculous damage with coldsnaps and EA. 2 words...elemental equilibrium.... now ofc it would require very specific gear but u would have to worry about ele damage or any damage modifiers in gear or passives except crit lol. leaves helluva lot of room for tankiness.

i did a cheap version EE CI witch with quillrain EA totems and ice spear totem. the crit EA explosion from totem would destroy whole map paks easy.

frost wall cold snap sounds wiked..if u get enough aoe + peirce.

[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
"
MattyBANG escreveu:
"
Wurps escreveu:

It wasn't for my EA toon ;)

The only thing stopping me from doing this build is having to ruin the colours on my quill.
It looks like a great build.

Haha, yeah, my statements about it being easy to color obviously only applies to this build. 4g2b is incredibly easy on a natural green item.

It's not worth it to ruin the colors on that quill imo, that's way too hard to get.

"
leighferon escreveu:
Quality Ele hit, gmp, cast on crit...80% more crit chance ^^

if i was anyone doing this i would start out with split arrow, cast on crit, arc, ek. coldsnap later is fine and LA is fine later but u dont have to use high mana cost of LA early.

one question does crit EA explosion trigger cast on crit? if u use pure qillrain damage (all phys) u could do some ridiculous damage with coldsnaps and EA. 2 words...elemental equilibrium.... now ofc it would require very specific gear but u would have to worry about ele damage or any damage modifiers in gear or passives except crit lol. leaves helluva lot of room for tankiness.

i did a cheap version EE CI witch with quillrain EA totems and ice spear totem. the crit EA explosion from totem would destroy whole map paks easy.

frost wall cold snap sounds wiked..if u get enough aoe + peirce.

Based on my observations of the build, elemental equilibrium would not be too great, I think the damage would be roughly the same if not far lower.

The arcs and cold snaps don't alternate when hitting very often, most of the time they rapidly overlap each other. Equilibrium would likely make the damage drop.

Also, explosive arrow is not viable at all for replacing lightning arrow for a few reasons, explosion crits can't trigger things, before the explosive arrows go off everything is already dead anyway, it doesn't proc nearly as much as lightning arrow will and can't no matter what, and the mana cost is much, much higher.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional