[0.9.13] Kripparrian's Bow Templar Build

"
Ket87 escreveu:
I am having a real hard time with mana and dps. I am level 25 and using the bow with fork / elemtnal dmg / and LA. Using dex equip to support gems and hardly have any ES (12). I am working towards getting a 30 dex node and Eldritch battery. Is it to be expected to have dps and mana issues this early on? I just dont see how i can sustain mana runnin wrath anger and dps isnt good. Does it get better?

As a partial answer to my own question (why not using LA early on) serves my experience so far. LA costs a huge amount of mana early on. That's probably why someone suggested going melee early on (which I do atm and it works like a charm. I had actually no idea how strong 2h melee is early on - quite facerollish).

I'm guessing you need Clarity and you probably can't really go all-out on your auras until you got the mana base as well as ES base (which is nothing else than mana, once you get to EB) high enough.

On the other hand you say your dps also feels low - hrm. Try deactivating one or two of your auras and use Clarity alone. Idk much about bow gems, but maybe there is another attack that might serve you better for now? Not sure if auto-attacking will do the trick, but there should be something that costs just little mana.

If anything else fails, try also using a 2h axe/mace and just sweep/LS your way to victory. Works for me atm (even though, that is absolutely not what I wanted for my character. But it will be different later on, so it's ok)
Thanks for the fast reply..

Yeah I def wanted to try a fast bow farm char. it just dosent seem possible atm. I would have some hopes if my LA was one shotting stuff at lvl 35 seeing as how I can only use 2 LA before going OOM. But it takes like 3-4 LA just to kill white trash so it kind of has me wondering how a bow could farm anything fast. My bow isnt even that bad for where I am at compared to others bows on chars I have seen. I dunno. Guess ill just keep trying to melee 2 h mace route for now. Anyone have info of when to switch or suggestions let me know.
I switched in the mid 30th. Actually I could have switched earlier I guess. Not sure where your troubles are coming from. As long as you make sure you got at least Fork, LA is already mass-murder. I'm destroying stuff really quickly and I also only have like, idk, 50mana or something? I can spam LA and that's all that matters.

The point is that the elemental dmg auras stack nicely on your LA and with the numerous hits plus static blows you make sure those guys are zapped away.

Can't really tell where your problem comes from. However, as mentioned before, going the melee route is viable, it's actually a very strong character - although I started to ran into survivability issues, mainly because I'm on the rush to EB and haven't gotten all the needed life nodes (Marauder area especially). I'm a better ranged player, so I fair better with manually dodging and kiting, so once I switched to the bow, the lack in defense wasn't that big of a deal.
Última edição por Unimatrix em 4 de jan de 2013 10:50:22
How much dps does ur LA do? I do 186 dps using : Weapon Elemtnal / Fork / LA (all max level) & anger / wrath (all max level). Maybe its my gear? I also and going straight for EB.

Última edição por Ket87 em 4 de jan de 2013 16:05:00
158 atm, my LA is only lvl 5 and I can't afford to rise it all that much until I finally arrive at EB.

Single target my dmg is not all that fancy, but on packs it's one-shotting-party. And that's what it's about anyway. I'm ramping up stuff, plant a decoy totem (if necessary) and mow them down in one or two shots. Pretty awesome actually.

€: Oh btw, that DPS is with LMP. Afaik that is for one projectile. Without LMP I'm at 250ish.

Also, don't forget the power of Chain. That gem is really ridiculous and if you're comparing yourself to watching Kripp, that ain't gonna happen until you got Chain yourself. Fork does it for me atm, though. Still, I'm looking forward to Chain a lot ;)

€²: Oh and you skilled static blows, right? You want those charged debuffs on your enemies. You are using a Spork totem? That helps a lot in doing so. And as you sure have noticed (either by playing with Spork yourself, or even by encountering the Spark using skeletons) once those debuffs are up, stuff dies - like fast ;)
Última edição por Unimatrix em 4 de jan de 2013 18:42:13
yeah, i have a lvl72 right now, and although I was severely addicted to Blue potions for some 20 or so levels, once you get to good gear and EB, you'll start gaining levels by the masses. It all started around level 35 for me.

now my Lighting arrow has a mana cost of 172, but with running Discipline, Clarity, Grace, Wrath and anger, I still have 1500 mana left.

so that gives me around 110 mana regen per second, meaning i can pretty much spam the spell for around 10 seconds before running out.

even though my lightning arrow only does 750 dps, it kills ALL.

add to that 80 resist all, 2800 life, and I am happily running maps right now.

one thing though, use Decoy Totem, the most overpowered skill in the game.. really..

Don't Touch my Sweep please GGG!
Thanks for sharing your experience :)

I agree to all you just said, especially the Decoy Totem. That skill is really broken. I just mentioned Spork Totem because it can be a help as long as one lacks Chain or - what sadly is my problem - lacks Elemental Hit. My ST dmg is really BS. Some mobs with life regen or life steal really give me a hard time because I almost can't kill them at all.

Another very vital thing I didn't think of but had to suffer because of for quite some time: Get a FAST bow. I used a very slow one (1.1 APS) for 10 lvls because it had 5 sockets but that really wasn't worth it. With that slow attacks it feels very weak and not fun at all. Finally switched back to a 1.55 APS bow and that REALLY changed my whole world.

Btw. since I always played Witches before that one and never cared about life. Totems get more HP when I got more HP? Seems they are quite durable compared to the one-shotted ones my witches use to have. I will skill the 22% totem life now and I think decoy totem can't die anymore after that ^^

As mentioned above, I still have no Elemental Hit. Any other ideas for a decent ST nuke? I could probably go melee but I dare not atm, I'm quite squishy since I rushed for EB and ignored life nodes and am just starting to get all of them from now on.
Última edição por Unimatrix em 5 de jan de 2013 10:44:35
Alright I decided to give this bowplar a go, and while leveling I managed to get a lvl 31 bow with (sorry don't know how to link)

22-59 phys
1.4 as

+13-22 phys
+16-38 fire
+16-31 cold
+17% proj speed

I made it 3 green linked with 1 jewelers orb and 1 fusing (never been so lucky), then I managed to buy chain and GMP. Is this the kind of bow I'm looking for? What should I keep an eye out for?
That one looks great. Should do the trick. You might want to try getting a 4L with an additional red socket to those 3 green to use LS-Chain-LMP-WED. Working on that part myself right now.
Indisponível
Indisponível
Indisponível

This things make this build unstopable,i stack armour and evasion,and run 7 auras.
Alguns itens neste post estão atualmente indisponíveis.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional