nullsFaith Rank 5 HC Build - Simple and Fun! (Updated Gear and Passives 12/24/12)

Got to level 32 using this build and died, but didnt had the spell totem or the runes u have. Doing the same thing now but using the totem points to get more hp and regen.

cheers
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 IGN: Bytezz
"
byterj escreveu:
Got to level 32 using this build and died, but didnt had the spell totem or the runes u have. Doing the same thing now but using the totem points to get more hp and regen.

cheers

When leveling I found it easier to not use totems.
Good memories from closed beta: http://imgur.com/D2eSfYL - Damn fine chest.
May nullsFaith from closed beta safely rest in GGG's backups ;)
Última edição por null03 em 24 de dez de 2012 12:00:27
do you get +1 skill points or +hp from bandit quests?
read his last sentence he took oak 4 times
thanks for the help :)
can you tell me how its really effective in pvp? i swapped one of my mauraders in legacy who had a clean tree and built him somewhat like yours except i used springleaf and the amulet to get 7% more regen at low life.

8000 hp means they take 4000 fire damage a second. they will have 75% fire res so they will only take 1000 per second. You can curse them but the next round they will stack fire res if they have not already.

against a good mage with 8-10k ES you will need to stay beside them for 8-10 seconds to kill them. they will not let you stay beside them for 10 seconds and their ES will recharge.

Righteous fire also cannot kill totems... so they plant 2 totems and run around in cicles and with the degen from righteous fire you soon find yourself in a very back situation.

The short version: I got owned in pvp against my brother who only had 4k ES and totems, didn't even come close to hurting him much.
"
stickman escreveu:
can you tell me how its really effective in pvp? i swapped one of my mauraders in legacy who had a clean tree and built him somewhat like yours except i used springleaf and the amulet to get 7% more regen at low life.

8000 hp means they take 4000 fire damage a second. they will have 75% fire res so they will only take 1000 per second. You can curse them but the next round they will stack fire res if they have not already.

against a good mage with 8-10k ES you will need to stay beside them for 8-10 seconds to kill them. they will not let you stay beside them for 10 seconds and their ES will recharge.

Righteous fire also cannot kill totems... so they plant 2 totems and run around in cicles and with the degen from righteous fire you soon find yourself in a very back situation.

The short version: I got owned in pvp against my brother who only had 4k ES and totems, didn't even come close to hurting him much.

You also forgot things like concentrated effect and increased area of effect. Since you are always dealing damage to them their initial reaction is to run away. It's effective since you never give them a comfortable amount of space and time to cast/attack.

Were you using good wands or a staff?

Were you using a fire res flask?

I think if you practiced more with RF you would find it awesome ;)

If you wore Saffell's then you would have the extra spell totem block.
Última edição por null03 em 25 de dez de 2012 00:27:43
im going to go ahead and assume you never actually used righteous fire before against a player.

-unless your using springleaf or saffels you will die. so staff is out of the question.

-saffels only has a 31% chance to block spells which is very tiny unless you get lots of block nodes but then you loose all of your HP and your righteous fire damage goes way down.

-if someone pops down two spark totems and just runs around in circles with phase run around a pillar you will never hit them and you will die.

-concentrated effect does not work on righteous fire, only decreases the radius.

-i took the templar area of effect nodes already and used increased area of effect. its still very small, and the damage area is smaller then the graphic would show.

-if you have to use ruby flasks to keep your life up you will loose in later rounds

-with your current gear there, if they curse you with elemental weakness you will probably die instantly.
"
stickman escreveu:
im going to go ahead and assume you never actually used righteous fire before against a player.

-unless your using springleaf or saffels you will die. so staff is out of the question.

-saffels only has a 31% chance to block spells which is very tiny unless you get lots of block nodes but then you loose all of your HP and your righteous fire damage goes way down.

-if someone pops down two spark totems and just runs around in circles with phase run around a pillar you will never hit them and you will die.

-concentrated effect does not work on righteous fire, only decreases the radius.

-i took the templar area of effect nodes already and used increased area of effect. its still very small, and the damage area is smaller then the graphic would show.

-if you have to use ruby flasks to keep your life up you will loose in later rounds

-with your current gear there, if they curse you with elemental weakness you will probably die instantly.

Yes I have used Righteous Fire. I had been running concentrated effect without knowing that it did not work thanks for the info. I tested the elemental weakness thing and since I was running 5 fire res flasks I still had full fire res. I tested spark totems aswell and found I would kill the opponent before they could keep spawning totems. Even if they were running away and around pillars I was able to cut them off and corner them. I was using phase run with increased duration. I tested PvP and won against these builds: Duel Totem Spark, Freezing Pulse CI Witch, Freezing Pulse Templar with regen, Physical Ranger and Ls Templar. I'm sure something like an arc totem build would kill me or a duel curse elemental weakness + the fire weakness curse. I guess we had different results but that may be because of the skill level of our opponents. I'll do further testing once I come back from holidays. Keep in mind I tested this against hardcore characters.
Última edição por null03 em 25 de dez de 2012 12:15:13
merry xmas guys!

lvl 50 now, this build is awsome.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional