Hardcore Frost Witch Guide (Last Updated May 8th)

"
KSking escreveu:
I am quite literally following this guide and while progress is a bit slow, it is just how I want it to be. It's a powerful build otherwise. However I've just got to ask you to finish the skill tree because I have no clue what to really do yet after it is done.
I need to know where you get dex for the support gems and I want to know if you replace zombies with totems endgame or what buffs would you prefer?

The end result is something like this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAW8C4wdjB6URUB0UHwIsnDQKNsU74TyOSbJWSlcrV8ltGYIQhEiLeo9GlQSeoacIpyuvm7iTu9bYJN-w4vfmgevu-tJmnnFNms9DY7cxWPWdxMHzoqN_xhzcwcVPvx3ZQ1STJzdmLKam6zeD6ropT-w4OthN2J48gW-MdgSzAnGCmzCXEGk5in1TjjwXVCKBLL_3wewYw22drhps5CIMfRB_xp62ht3zYG1dxkbX

I don't plan on using totems or needing zombies at all in late end-game. They're just my meat-shields for now that I can stand behind to avoid getting shot by constructs / tentacle things. I'll probably use Rejuvenation Totem in the tougher areas though (I'm getting Zealot's Oath). Buffs will be Clarity, Discipline, and Vitality. Might go with Purity instead of Vitality though depending on how my resists look.

For my support gems, I currently have enough dex on my gear (onyx amulets are great), but I've had toons that needed to pick up a +30 dex node.

I'll probably write up the Cruel section this weekend.
Stay up-to-date: gggtracker.com
Última edição por rz2yoj em 31 de jan de 2013 23:40:07
You're a genius, I really like this tree. I've had some great trades for all the required skills and just as you said, the zombies are a great meatshield. I also bought a +12% raise spectre to see what its like (can you believe it that you can actually summon a suicider mob and your pet will go ahead and blow up on the enemies? :D). However I feel like actually speccing into summons takes too many points so I wouldn't consider it.

I've got a small change to the build to get the dex for my support gems faster. I bought the gems very early on to make sure I am a certified badass.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBVysHY-aBEVC71jvh4venK20ZwfPxdn3SIvRsCw2NHNyTJzdm37CCEAelAuNJsiycVkqVBK-b
Hi

I'm following this and whilst I must admit it has its tough times but future looks awesome. I do have some questions though.

1) At what mana pool with what regen result do we want to go clarity aura (eg 1000 mana pool after clarity penalty with result of 200 mana regen)

2) How much shield and resists would you reccomend for kicking CI into place.

Thanks
Hi i got a noobquestion related to this build.

In many other games Energy Shields (ES) does not gain any benefit from armor / resistances. if a mob hits your ES with 100 damage, you lose 100 ES.

So my question is simple: Does Armour / resists work on energy shield? im asking because its your ES is your only "HP", (since you infact got 1 HP with Chaos Inoculation (CI)).

Why would we pick up Chaos Resists when we either way are going to get immune? isnt that abit waste of passive skills?

And what do you do when you keep getting hit, and ES have to "get back to full"? Wait 6 seconds somewhere? or do you focus on cooldown reduction on ES? Or does it exists some flasks who work on ES? Again, im noob so sorry for basic questions. :)

Última edição por Pesstrong em 1 de fev de 2013 04:14:26
Well
I just started a cold shadow in hardcore, and got some usefull tips from your guide
The main reason why i've choosen a shadow instead of the witch are to many crit nodes in the beginning
But i dont really like the idea of using CI, cause i'm not sure about no way to regen my ES while fighting.
Instead of this im going for life nodes.

So now there are 2 qustions i can't answer myself:

1) Is eldritch battery usfull? because i'll have a pretty nice HP pool or is it better to just get the mana regen nodes in the witch tree?

2) do you think this is viable? I mean the life instead of CI?

greets
So I did a slight mod to your build. I simply moved it from a "Frost" build to a more generic "elemental" build with the same points. You don't do as much frost damage, but for the same points you can easily switch between fire/frost/lightning. It's not by any means better, and definitely not as much dps as say a character specialized wholly into one of the damage types.

The trade off is that your AoE is 16% larger, so you'll by all rights hit 16% more monsters. Or at least hit one or two from a couple pixels farther away. ^.^

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAW8CcQLjBAcEswdjB6UMfRB_EVAWQBpsHNwd2R8CKU8snCymLL80CjbFN2Y3gzrYO-E8jj1fQ1RDY0SrRtdJsk3YT79SU1WuVytXyVj1XcZgbWaebRlxTX1Tf8aBb4IQgpuESIV9i3qMdo-mkyeXlZrPna6dxJ48oqOm66cIpyu1BLaGtzG4k7vWwcXB88Ntxp7YJN3z37Dhc-L35CLmgeq66-7sGOw47SD3wfrS

"
Pesstrong escreveu:
Hi i got a noobquestion related to this build.

In many other games Energy Shields (ES) does not gain any benefit from armor / resistances. if a mob hits your ES with 100 damage, you lose 100 ES.

So my question is simple: Does Armour / resists work on energy shield? im asking because its your ES is your only "HP", (since you infact got 1 HP with Chaos Inoculation (CI)).

Why would we pick up Chaos Resists when we either way are going to get immune? isnt that abit waste of passive skills?

And what do you do when you keep getting hit, and ES have to "get back to full"? Wait 6 seconds somewhere? or do you focus on cooldown reduction on ES? Or does it exists some flasks who work on ES? Again, im noob so sorry for basic questions. :)

Think of energy shield as extra life that has different recharge rules but doesn't protect you from chaos.

Armor resists and all that happen before damage goes to Energy Shield.
This is a lot more defensive of a build (both sets of ES nodes in the center, and all the ES+Armor nodes in the templar area) than I was used to seeing in CB. How much of this is due to the CI nerf; and how much to your playstyle or just HC play in general.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
At later stages, doesnt some mobs got very high resist for some elementals - for example frost? what do you do as a Frost Witch then?
Nice build.

Can i ask why you taking a life node on the left (to the right from Body and Soul)
Is it merely to be able to take the 1% regen life node?
(is that 1% of base life, or 1% of max?)

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional