Beating Nemesis without rares or uniques

Cruel Dominus is a pretty hard gear check, if you're making it to Merciless, it would be already quite an achievement.
IGN : @Morgoth
D3 purist and iron man was sort of fun. I tried a mp10 from act1 normal only self found, and i got pretty far did't die. Just got bored at the same time and found out about PoE (and now my bnet account is locked for some reason and i have no urge to reactivate it :o) )

The op's challenge can be done if played slow, i do think starting on the witch side is a stupid move, maybe he wants to let minions do all the lifting ore something?

A scion/marauder start would be great for a challenge like this since they offer a lot of resist in the passive tree (i think roughly 78% ore something) + purity and %life nodes u could basically end up with a low dps high survival char.

Still a fun challenge and i have always been a sucker for stupid challenges like this :).
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
The problem is complex. One thing that will ruin this game for normal/casual players is; powergamers!

Powergamers find the overpowered builds, and re-level a new toon in a couple days (takes weeks for normal players), trade for uber items and walk through the content like its nada. GGG then reacts and nerfs x skills based on the powerbuild, and the result is casual/normal players get it harder and harder to advance. Also for non-powergamers/non-traders getting good items to be able to advance is hard. If you do not have a good guild, or trade, its x times harder to play this game, just like D3.

GGG just need to understand that if they want to balance the game based on powergamers / min-maxers, they will ruin it for normal gamers (which is the main player base). Just take a look at youtube or the class boards on this forum, you will find absurd builds that makes the game easy, but this is NOT how it is for most players. What you see on youtube and in the class builds, most players can just dream of. Most players will not have a maxed build and xx high level uniques (a horrendous amount of uniques that drop at high level, is low level items = depressing for normal players), and they will not re-level a new char in a couple days with said OP build.

PS! I play FAR more then the casual player, far more, but I am not a min/maxer powergamer that have absurd dedication and devotion. I play to have fun, I do not need a second job. And I do not have the time or dedication or help needed to powerlevel 5 alts with maxed builds that walk through the content like butter. I am just writing what for some is a taboo to talk about (pretending everyone is on equal terms, and nerfing based on OP builds/combos and not normal play).
i was thinking about doing the same thing, might start a walk after the weekend
"
Jarnhand escreveu:

GGG just need to understand that if they want to balance the game based on powergamers / min-maxers, they will ruin it for normal gamers (which is the main player base).
how is this a problem, the game is basically designed for the min maxers

and the game gets equally harder for pgs/scrubs when things are nerfed/rebalanced. its not like the game is harder if you play less, it just takes longer time
I don't want to diminish your noble goal but blue items can be pretty badass especially because you can craft them prety easily. Some self found dudes actually using those up to lvl 80 or such.

But good idea nevertheless.

IGN STD Ajax_Deadeye| Nathaniel_Corwin| Itane_Shira| Tetra_Mayani| Arkanis_Gath
[Build] TK's CoC Crit Shadow aka THE WELDER /view-thread/787487
[Shop] TK's Adventurers Pawnshop /view-thread/570071
"
fsg escreveu:
"
Jarnhand escreveu:

GGG just need to understand that if they want to balance the game based on powergamers / min-maxers, they will ruin it for normal gamers (which is the main player base).

and the game gets equally harder for pgs/scrubs when things are nerfed/rebalanced. its not like the game is harder if you play less, it just takes longer time

It is harder for the casual gamer because he is normally not focused, got worse items, do not have a optimized spec, so a nerf hit harder. For example a powergamer with very high damage, can take a nerf, and still do alot better then a casual gamer.
"
Jarnhand escreveu:
"
fsg escreveu:
"
Jarnhand escreveu:

It is harder for the casual gamer because he is normally not focused, got worse items, do not have a optimized spec, so a nerf hit harder. For example a powergamer with very high damage, can take a nerf, and still do alot better then a casual gamer.
it is still just as hard for the casual gamer to find good items, optimize his spec and get very high damage

i have never understood these "casual gamer" arguments, its like saying "hey guys i suck, please dont make the game too hard", but masking it behind some sort of "im not playing seriously" attitude

casual seems to just be a more elegant way of saying shit gamer

Última edição por fsg em 13 de dez de 2013 06:49:21
I njoyed the read, still I ask myself how those early starters make it.. (well, 6 man parties sure make it easier with all the targets)
IGN: WildTortillaFart
Normal and cruel are doable solo with just blues.

for cruel you just need a decent build.

Then merciless...if you make that that;s actually impressive, merciless will be extremely hard.
Choo Choo Madafaka

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional