Beating Nemesis without rares or uniques

"
fsg escreveu:
"
Jarnhand escreveu:

It is harder for the casual gamer because he is normally not focused, got worse items, do not have a optimized spec, so a nerf hit harder. For example a powergamer with very high damage, can take a nerf, and still do alot better then a casual gamer.

it is still just as hard for the casual gamer to find good items, optimize his spec and get very high damage

i have never understood these "casual gamer" arguments, its like saying "hey guys i suck, please dont make the game too hard", but masking it behind some sort of "im not playing seriously" attitude

casual seems to just be a more elegant way of saying shit gamer

Sure, you can say it like that, I have no problem with that. I know I suck at some aspects, because I do not have the dedication needed.

Take a look at the races, the powergamers know what class to pick, what skill to pick, and what to do, and how to fastest possible level. A casual gamer has no chance whatsoever to get much from the leagues, outside maybe the first 2-3 items. Of the casual players that joins the races, I am pretty sure a large group of them gives up after just a few races, when they see they do not stand 'a snowball chance in a gassoline fire'-chance to even get half the number of levels as the powergamers.

But the problem is that the big bulk of players in any game are casual players, not hardcore minmaxers. So it is the casual gamer that fuels the machine, it is not the few hardcore.

MMOs are a different league. In MMOs you understand that if you want to do all the end game content, you need dedication and time. But in a game like PoE/Diablo/TL etc etc, it simply stops if you cannot advance. You cannot get further, there isnt much more to do, so you quit and find another game.

I have meet several walls in PoE, and if I had been a casual gamer I had just given up and moved on. But since I do not play alot of games, and do focus on a few, I have pushed through by grinding. But this is something the major bulk of casuals do not do. If the game no longer is fun, and it becomes a grind, they move on.

(Its a bit of an exception with PoE since its free, I would guess its the dedicated player that uses the shop. But the casual player still makes up the big bulk of players, and without the player numbers the game would kinda be forgotten and end up as a small niche game with no focus from the 'business'.)

But we are kinda derailing the thread...
"
Jarnhand escreveu:

Sure, you can say it like that, I have no problem with that. I know I suck at some aspects, because I do not have the dedication needed.

Take a look at the races, the powergamers know what class to pick, what skill to pick, and what to do, and how to fastest possible level. A casual gamer has no chance whatsoever to get much from the leagues, outside maybe the first 2-3 items. Of the casual players that joins the races, I am pretty sure a large group of them gives up after just a few races, when they see they do not stand 'a snowball chance in a gassoline fire'-chance to even get half the number of levels as the powergamers.

But the problem is that the big bulk of players in any game are casual players, not hardcore minmaxers. So it is the casual gamer that fuels the machine, it is not the few hardcore.

MMOs are a different league. In MMOs you understand that if you want to do all the end game content, you need dedication and time. But in a game like PoE/Diablo/TL etc etc, it simply stops if you cannot advance. You cannot get further, there isnt much more to do, so you quit and find another game.

I have meet several walls in PoE, and if I had been a casual gamer I had just given up and moved on. But since I do not play alot of games, and do focus on a few, I have pushed through by grinding. But this is something the major bulk of casuals do not do. If the game no longer is fun, and it becomes a grind, they move on.

(Its a bit of an exception with PoE since its free, I would guess its the dedicated player that uses the shop. But the casual player still makes up the big bulk of players, and without the player numbers the game would kinda be forgotten and end up as a small niche game with no focus from the 'business'.)

But we are kinda derailing the thread...

yeah were kinda derailing the thread, but your definition of a "casual" sounds like a sad person i wouldnt want in the game anyways.

and about the races. i play races on a casual level, because they are fun, not to win any big prices

i couldnt give 2 shits about the race rewards really, i just like pushing it real hardcore for an hour or so.

and about casuals not knowing what build to pick and were to level in races, that is just bullshit. casual =/= retard that cant read and look up information. being a pro at the meta has nothing to do with being a hardcore or a casual gamer
Última edição por fsg em 13 de dez de 2013 07:22:52
"
Jarnhand escreveu:
wall of text

ur description of the "casual" games sounds like a person which is :
> mentally challenged
> never used a computer before
> never played a game before
> has no understanding of anything in life
"
AdamJensen escreveu:
"
Jarnhand escreveu:
wall of text

ur description of the "casual" games sounds like a person which is :
> mentally challenged
> never used a computer before
> never played a game before
> has no understanding of anything in life

Seems like most forum posters
BUMP
Dominus is dead. I'm in cruel mode.

I could really use some currencies.

Any of you scrubs want to take bets on when I die?
You bet on what zone/boss will kill me. If I clear that zone/boss you lose the bet.
If I die you win the bet.

I'll give you 5:1 odds.

Whisper me in game.
You die on Dominus lvl78 Palace boss Kappa.
IGN : @Morgoth
That frost guy in tidal islands on merc will kill you my bet 3 chaos :)
Última edição por Demodian em 13 de dez de 2013 16:45:10
"
Demodian escreveu:
That frost guy in tidal islands on merc will kill you my bet 3 chaos :)

OP, not sure if you mentioned it or not, but are you doing all sidemaps as well? If so, this is a good bet.. but if you're going to see how far you could make it, why would you do the sidemaps like tidal or fetid.. I would stay away from them like the plague now that you're in cruel.
HI,

I am so angry now, I don't even want to play again.... maybe in a week but now I am really upset.

Got a Fractured Fetid Maw with this witch, I insta used my Quicksilver but all the mobs 0.2 sec insta leap kill my beloved doll.

As a fire witch not using armor ( and even tho, ten Fetid maw leaping, could have raped my face with armor + eva ) how do you deal with those " Swift Fractured Fetid Maw " ????

I was raping everything, every boss two shots, I didn't even saw Piety in my screen when she left the crematorium, beaten...

I don't want to reroll a witch anymore, if I have to put 60 % armor on her ass at lv 29 to play " safely ".
Última edição por Beloresin em 13 de dez de 2013 17:12:35
Beloresin are you the OP? if not please clarify it sounds like the challenge is over

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional