Season Six, Event 138: 1 Week Domination

Gave up the attempt to get top 50 now after dropping down to 71 maps once again.

It's really sad how map RNG dictates the week races at the moment. I was up running 75+ maps and back down to 71's multiple times this race. Bricking 110+ quantity, pack size double boss with 75+ quantity and so on, when ALL you play for is that next map drop to sustain XP gain is just not fun.

Also the lack of dedicated trade thread and XYZ support made trading horrible this race.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Última edição por Redblade em 17 de fev de 2014 20:08:38
RichJMoneyTransactions current gear:
Spoiler

Map RNG is super swingy.
CharanJaydemyr:some people need to really rethink how they spend their money....I will trash this item if I ever find it on principle...I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one. Not GGG's finest hour.
poeurl.com/bD4E
Última edição por RichMoney em 18 de fev de 2014 01:32:02
"
Redblade escreveu:
Gave up the attempt to get top 50 now after dropping down to 71 maps once again.

It's really sad how map RNG dictates the week races at the moment. I was up running 75+ maps and back down to 71's multiple times this race. Bricking 110+ quantity, pack size double boss with 75+ quantity and so on, when ALL you play for is that next map drop to sustain XP gain is just not fun.

Also the lack of dedicated trade thread and XYZ support made trading horrible this race.

you must be doing it wrong then. I honestly cant believe that a map pool of say, 10 73s, let you drop down to 71s, I did belive this was true when I was SOLO'ing 76+ maps in Nemesis and yet after running ~30 maps out of 21 76+ I ended up with 18 76+ and tons of 73 74 75 which I literally sold instead of running all of em in order to get 76/77s from 75s or 76s from 74s. I never spent more than 4 chaos on each roll yet I did do 4chisel on each map I ran. I have to admit I had streaks of 0 map drops in lik 4 maps but after that I just get 2x courtyard+palace+shipyad from a courtyard and it just evens out really.
Última edição por ZhenyaDM em 18 de fev de 2014 02:14:46
Well... I can see all the Problems with the Map drops...
I was the first of all to enter Arachnid Map, had some luck with my first Map drops... Got to lvl 73 Maps in short time. So far so nice.
But after I did 4x 73 Maps, I found no new Map. I did like 100 Maps from lvl 72 - 69... Now im down to 5x 69s... This just sucks... I even did alch'd 69 Maps with double Pack in full party... Not even one Map dropped in there -.-
And this now rlly sucks...
There is just no fun in this Week Race, when its like this. I hope the rng gets fixed.
Can't consider a non-hardcore race much of a competitive one merely showing how much each player played in total.
However, my incredible RNG on drops made it totally enjoyable for me.

I was doing crit lightning strikes/flicker until I found a Marohi, spent 200 fusings and 80 regrets to switch to GS/flicker.

Only bought the gloves, rest are self found/crafted (chest from a white 6s) :

my gear at lvl 84

found 4 exalted orbs, kaoms primacy, baby shav , etc
and this
Última edição por Mephisto_n em 18 de fev de 2014 05:29:15
Race Char : Afqwreqwr
Lvling gear
solo until 84 and meet some fun guys :) and lvl 85 stop...

some awesome gear drop
Última edição por Richardyi em 18 de fev de 2014 11:29:19
wee
Última edição por Richardyi em 18 de fev de 2014 11:29:03
"
ZhenyaDM escreveu:
you must be doing it wrong then.

If running unid rare maps with 129 quant, rolling 75+ quant with pack size/magic and some times double boss, 100+ quant if no pack/magic modifier and so on, is doing it wrong then I really don't know what the right way would be...

Personally I don't have an issue with the map system in 4 month/permanent leagues as there is time to negate long streaks of bad RNG. In a week race a few hours of bad map RNG can be a deciding factor which totally negates any skill nor dedication element...

While GGG has done a lot to buff map drops I do think the last change to make higher maps drop more frequently should have been tied in to quantity of the map. Balanced in such a way where a 100+ quant map would almost never drop below -1, tying difficulty to increased odds of higher maps.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Última edição por Redblade em 18 de fev de 2014 11:38:44
Had some insane gear rng this race I was insanely geared could have gotten top 20,(only 25 atm) but I couldn't play the last 22 hours or so.

Spoiler
IGN: Bleric

8/8 Challenges Nemesis.
Última edição por Bleric em 18 de fev de 2014 12:34:36
My First one Week race and it was an Experience. Its the highest level I have ever got a character too. Mspping was fun but frustrating. I know I need to find a more defensive character though as I died 130ish times. Still within top 500 though.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional