...::: [1.1.0] TK's ST CoC Shadow aka THE WELDER :::...

"
FatesDefiler escreveu:
i bet a crown of eyes would make this build pretty silly. probably, i don't have one myself.

"
Bars escreveu:
You should try this with double Ungil's Gauche. You'll get +40% block chance = maxed block. Global critical multiplier will be even 20% higher. The only setback - less weapon critical chance, but Ungil's attack speed is 1.55 which, I think, will even it out. If your mana can keep up. Your durability will improve drastically.

Not so sure about crown, this is no hybrid build, it relies 99% on linked spell damage. His physical dagger attacks are puny, even when they crit (take a look at my weapons)

Gauche is also not good choice, I'm afraid that crit chance on dagger is of paramount importance. Block is not critical in this build, you simply don't get hit that often in melee and you can avoid archers manually if necessary (just whirling around). I have 30% of block, 30% of evasion and nearly 4K of life, usually it's more then enough.
IGN STD Ajax_Deadeye| Nathaniel_Corwin| Itane_Shira| Tetra_Mayani| Arkanis_Gath
[Build] TK's CoC Crit Shadow aka THE WELDER /view-thread/787487
[Shop] TK's Adventurers Pawnshop /view-thread/570071
"
Norec escreveu:
if you start mapping, you will see that elemental reflect will kill you in a few secs. I dont see that this build is endgame vaible. Therefore you need Vaalpact and some lifeleech I think

I do maps daily. You can run this build EK/FB splitting damage spell/physical 50:50 if you like. I'll do it when reflect becomes a problem for me, for now it's not.

On reflect mobs you cannot unleash full power ofc. (nor you use crit. curse) I tackle them with few spells, lure them around a bit, quaff potion, attack more ... It is annoying but usually I don't die on reflect, if careful. You can always remove one gem and use flask for other type of reflect. It's little annoying but not that horrible.

"
Norec escreveu:
if you start mapping, you will see that elemental reflect will kill you in a few secs. I dont see that this build is endgame vaible. Therefore you need Vaalpact and some lifeleech I think

That is inaccurate. If you use your head you can take care of reflect packs without much issue. I run a similar build with even less defensive nodes and less survivability on gear than this one (barely break 2k hp). And I have solo'd up to lvl 75 maps quickly and easily.
Check out my Frozen Dagger build in the Shadow forums!!
Última edição por Juggla1570 em 9 de fev de 2014 08:50:24
"
Thorien_Kell escreveu:

"
Bars escreveu:
You should try this with double Ungil's Gauche. You'll get +40% block chance = maxed block. Global critical multiplier will be even 20% higher. The only setback - less weapon critical chance, but Ungil's attack speed is 1.55 which, I think, will even it out. If your mana can keep up. Your durability will improve drastically.

Gauche is also not good choice, I'm afraid that crit chance on dagger is of paramount importance. Block is not critical in this build, you simply don't get hit that often in melee and you can avoid archers manually if necessary (just whirling around). I have 30% of block, 30% of evasion and nearly 4K of life, usually it's more then enough.

Yes, I tested it. The 40 percent block is great but the lower critical is a game breaker.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
My tree is not currently setup exactly the same way, however I have manaflows, and was still unable to spam spectral throw. Is this an issue with the build or you have another way to address the mana issue?
I run a bow version of this build and stay full with Mind Drinker (no other mana regen nodes).

Every once in a while, running too fast with Arctic Armour on makes me drink a potion but the Surgeon's flasks refill so fast it doesn't matter.
"
micd2k escreveu:
My tree is not currently setup exactly the same way, however I have manaflows, and was still unable to spam spectral throw. Is this an issue with the build or you have another way to address the mana issue?

You've probably missed "low level clarity on life" part.

Other then that you should not have any problems, if your attack gem setup is not more expensive then mine (ST-CoC-LMP)

"
feyith escreveu:
I run a bow version of this build and stay full with Mind Drinker (no other mana regen nodes).

I'm curious, how high can you push crit chance with bow? Are you using SA?

Última edição por Thorien_Kell em 9 de fev de 2014 15:19:21
Barrage. With power charges, I'm capped. (Took some points back to keep it below 95%.)

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/757499

Walls of text. I didn't want to hijack your thread. :)
"
micd2k escreveu:

You can run a higher level Clarity, and only level your ST as far as the initial 8 mana cost, seeing as all your damage is from spells (Iron Will in a 7L is nice).

Thanks for posting your build TK. Not meaning to railroad also, but my first CoC Shadow used twin Ungil's for the block, together with MoM and Eldritch - felt pretty tanky, but kept dying to, yep you guessed it - reflect. And it's not just Elemental reflect that will get you, it's also Lightning Thorns. You know, the ones that those Mage bitches cast out of the blue! And partying makes it REALLY hard to see exactly what a monster has, with all the special effects going on.

So I set out to try and mitigate reflect damage, using block - specifically, Spell Block (Dagger/Sheild with Rathpith Globe, and block nodes).

But your idea of using Enduring Cry with Immortal Call and CwDT, has gotten me to respec my first Shadow and have him using just EK (ST/CoC/FastAttk/FastProj/EK/CritMult). Gonna try without LMP/GMP as it gimps the EK damage anyway, and with FastAttk I can spam more single ST's into a crowd. And I'm hoping because I'm only dealing Physical Damage, Immortal will kick in long enough to give me 100% immunity in time for all my knives(?) to return safely to me.

Edit: Tabula is very under-rated for these kinds of (ranged) builds, as the ability to swap skills out as and when the situation suits (i.e. predominately fire immune, swap Fireball out for Freezing Pulse) is a big bonus. By the way, did you try FP? Being able to shotgun mobs with all three blasts (LMP) leaves lots of dirty ice cubes all over the place! Q20 FP with the Ballistic Mastery node means it has decent range.

Última edição por FireAtWill em 10 de fev de 2014 23:31:23
I've been looking at Freezing Pulse.

The reason I use Ice Spear is because the higher base crit chance and second form.

Does Freezing Pulse work better?

What about Cold Snap?

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional