...::: [1.1.0] TK's ST CoC Shadow aka THE WELDER :::...

I've only tried Cold Snap briefly after reading Juggla's guide, but being able to freeze mobs is the ultimate in safety.

Freezing Pulse is a complement to Ice Spear in that the first is shorter range, can shotgun reliably (but as stated elsewhere, with postioning, IS can as well?), and is not hampered by terrain and pierces. I find myself actually chasing my ST's to get as close to the victim as possible so that they take the full force of the shotgun effect point blank! Fireball/Freezing Pulse is a nice combo - they both shotgun (at close range especially).

Once your crit chance is high enough, the chance to crit from IS (when postioned properly) is almost equalled by the multiple shotgun FP's blowing things apart and turning the screen white.
And FP's crit chance is 6% versus IS 7%.
"
FireAtWill escreveu:

Thanks for posting your build TK. Not meaning to railroad also, but my first CoC Shadow used twin Ungil's for the block, together with MoM and Eldritch - felt pretty tanky, but kept dying to, yep you guessed it - reflect. And it's not just Elemental reflect that will get you, it's also Lightning Thorns. You know, the ones that those Mage bitches cast out of the blue! And partying makes it REALLY hard to see exactly what a monster has, with all the special effects going on.

Thorns are problem for most characters, luckily they are not that often. With my range I can take out mages offscreen, that's good thing too.

I'll say this again; for me reflect poses no problem. If you're careful and not trigger happy you can dose your damage, heal with your endless flasks and kill them off bit by bit. Healthy amount of life pool and capped resistances help too.

"
FireAtWill escreveu:

But your idea of using Enduring Cry with Immortal Call and CwDT, has gotten me to respec my first Shadow and have him using just EK (ST/CoC/FastAttk/FastProj/EK/CritMult). Gonna try without LMP/GMP as it gimps the EK damage anyway, and with FastAttk I can spam more single ST's into a crowd. And I'm hoping because I'm only dealing Physical Damage, Immortal will kick in long enough to give me 100% immunity in time for all my knives(?) to return safely to me.

I hardly can take credit for that cwdt setup, it's well known trick here on forums :)

Oh you deal physical, well that explains it. Elemental damage can be mitigated much better but armor hardly can give you 3/4 of damage resistance like resi can. For EK/reflect you need to have - armor. This flask helps immensly btw;

Your gem setup seems very inefficient to me. Pardon me being blunt. Projectile speed you can get either by tree or by this;

Crit multipyer is also one reason you have problems with reflect btw. That is why you have been killing yourself.

Faster attack is not that bad but you should stack several faster attack nodes on tree and leave your sockets for attack/support. That depends on your tree ofc.

You have 6L chest and only one attack spell. I have 2 attack spells (trippled, because high level LMP triples them without damage penalty) and I would have 3 attack spells if I had 6L. And no reflect problems.

I'm not sure how LMP gimps the EK? Cannot EK shotgun like other spells??

Anyway if you go with spells you will lose some damage but will get range and will mitigate damage easier. You could even combine spell/ phys damage.

If you go without LMP then use AoE spells like Arc, Arctic breath, freeze pulse or EK

If you go with (which I recommend) then spells like FB (great damage) and Ice spear (range, second form crit, penetrate)

Test it about a bit, see what it suits you. I have ST-COC-LMP permanent and in other two sockets I can put whatever I like.

"

By the way, did you try FP? Being able to shotgun mobs with all three blasts (LMP) leaves lots of dirty ice cubes all over the place! Q20 FP with the Ballistic Mastery node means it has decent range.

No but i plan to, together with fireblast. Shorter range could mean good synergy with EK.

IGN STD Ajax_Deadeye| Nathaniel_Corwin| Itane_Shira| Tetra_Mayani| Arkanis_Gath
[Build] TK's CoC Crit Shadow aka THE WELDER /view-thread/787487
[Shop] TK's Adventurers Pawnshop /view-thread/570071
Última edição por Thorien_Kell em 11 de fev de 2014 03:55:32
"
feyith escreveu:
I've been looking at Freezing Pulse.

The reason I use Ice Spear is because the higher base crit chance and second form.

Does Freezing Pulse work better?

What about Cold Snap?

I haven't test it, I suppose it's good but I prefer range and all those things you mention about ice spear.

Cold snap is very powerful but has cooldown time, 4s I think. You can override it by using pwr. charge. Some guy uses voll's for generating charges and freezes entire screen off :)

Well, I'll give you credit for the CwDT because I read it here first :)

Yes, Thorns are a problem for ALL builds, but this build especially, due to the randomness of the RNG :) - send out a certain number of ST's - you don't know if ALL of them will crit, or none of them will. And yes, I do slow down when I see the reflect auras, but as I said, Thorns can appear out of the blue.

And yes, you can play cautiously, but one day after a week's play to get to 99% and bam! Reflect WILL get you!

The whole point of trying to mitigate physical reflect is so that I CAN go hard out with maximum damage and not have to tippy-toe around reflect mobs :)

Anyway, I didn't think about the Karui Ward amulet because I'm using a new account and was trying to be self-found/self-sufficient :)

Thanks for your replies.

Edit: Just went back to LMP from single target - DAMN! Even with EKs damage gimped, the extra procs just rip the mobs several new ones, and ones on top of the new ones! Added Arc with quality as per someone else's post to shock - need to buy a lvl1 with Q20 so as not to get elem reflect into the mix.
Última edição por FireAtWill em 11 de fev de 2014 15:08:12
About reflect;
I played lvl 70 underground sea map with elemental reflect mod - no problems
even encountered elemental reflect mob - killed it without problems

I have gameplay video, I might upload it overnight to YT

My solution; bereks grasp ring for life leech (I use it on difficult maps)
I've removed LMP and put EK instead (ST-COC-Arctic.B-Ark-EK) to reduce my burst proc damage and to diversify damage (no shotgun, various range)

No problems.

Yep, I've recoloured my chest, but I did have a 20Q life leech, and I've tried Vaal Pact.

The very nature of this build is based around dealing MASSIVE amounts of damage in a very short amount of time, which is also it's achilles heel.

If you play it safe, then good on you.

Me, I prefer to open up full throttle using the minigun, rather than asking each monster politely whether I can kill it (don't forget that most times the best defense is offence)

Once I play with a group, group-mentality takes over and it's a race to see who can kill the fastest :)
Última edição por FireAtWill em 11 de fev de 2014 19:50:49
"
FireAtWill escreveu:
Me, I prefer to open up full throttle using the minigun, rather than asking each monster politely whether I can kill it

Best .... Quote ... EVER!!!

I play pretty much the same way. Which is why I made a much more aggressive build. The unfortunate drawback to that is you are guaranteed to die on occasion. But I'll take that along with the ability to just go all out all the time. Combine that playstyle with perma freeze and it's good times.

Having said all of that TK's build here is probably the most solid one I've seen for an all around CoC. It definitely get's my thumbs up!!
Check out my Frozen Dagger build in the Shadow forums!!
Well fire at will, you are right (and as your name suggests :) I understand the urge but in high damage builds (that are not totem based) there is no way around it. I already explained you why you have more problems on reflect then me (phys. damage cannot mitigated as good as elemental, increased crit multiplier) reflect just forces you to play carefully, it's game's attack vs defense gear check, to put it simply.

Ty Juggla. Indeed build is nothing new but combines all well known pieces well. I've played many builds that are quite badass, from davos SA elemental archer to old school discharger, elemental buzzsaw scion and danmaku cyclone CoCer and this simply feels more sturdy, or faster or safer, and you can still push your IIR to 100%, even with cheap gear, and it's not expensive to make.

"Spells" re written, "6L" part added.
New video Added; 6L Tabula triple spell fast clear + boss fast slaughter.
Última edição por Thorien_Kell em 14 de fev de 2014 17:13:22
Besides Clarity, what's the reasoning for not leveling some of the other gems in the build?

(nvmd: it's the CwDT limit that I wasn't noticing)
Última edição por Smoker em 15 de fev de 2014 18:40:37

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional