GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

"
A good suggestion to the SFL proponents: Pool your money together and start making your own game. It can be all about SF and whatnot.

7047 (15.56 posts per day)

lol do bad u cant hide that on private so people wont kno how you spend your life
"
PoorJoy escreveu:
"
Worldbreaker escreveu:
"
DogFaceNoSpace escreveu:
- Its unfair to not have SFL because of PVP. For this same reason HC and SC PVP are seperated. SF guy vs merchant guy in PVP will not be fair fight.
- Its unfair to not have SFL because of ladder. For this reason HC and SC ladder are seperated. Reaching lvl 100 SF is a different accomplishment than reaching lvl 100 not SF.

I hope that everyone can appreciate these points and take a neutral approach to the SF problem now.

Trade is a game mechanic, if you don't use it of course you will be a at a disadvantage. What about a "no flask" league or "no trigger gems" league, it is the same argument people use for a self found league as a "no trade" league. If someone didn't use flasks or triggers in some cases, that would not be a fair fight either.

As asinine as those mechanics being removed sounds, it is exactly how I feel about a SFL.

I don't play to roll flasks or play to keep gems a certain level, I play to kill monsters and get loot. Sound familiar?

Trade can be abused by only utilizing this mechanic or players flipping items the same way people abuse trigger gems for defense gems. Maybe not to the severity of trade being abused but still abusable.

i would be fine with a no flask league. if alot of player wants to play that way. because , you know , its another league and i can chose if i want to play there or not.
no flask league sounds awesome
"
feggotron escreveu:
"
A good suggestion to the SFL proponents: Pool your money together and start making your own game. It can be all about SF and whatnot.

7047 (15.56 posts per day)

lol do bad u cant hide that on private so people wont kno how you spend your life

Maybe you should use your real account?

If not welcome to Path of exile.
Standard Forever
Última edição por iamstryker em 26 de abr de 2014 07:41:18
"
tinko92 escreveu:
"
Xavderion escreveu:

True, but on the other hand, if you cater to everyone, you please no one. Where should they draw the line? A SFL would be massively against GGG's vision of the game. I said before I would quit the game if it happened. It's not because I think playing self-found is stupid (I like solo ARPGs after all), it's because I wouldn't know what to expect of GGG anymore and thus playing PoE would be a waste of time for me since I like to know what I'm investing my time into.

Right, because we can only have extremities... spare us the line drawing.

You wouldn't know what to expect from GGG if they make a SFL? Anyone else thinks that's just a pile of BS?

I have to admit that I was thinking the same thing when I read that. Why exactly is a new league that your not interested in the end of the world? Why would making that league worry you in the slightest? Your leagues are still there as always.
Standard Forever
"
tinko92 escreveu:
"
Xavderion escreveu:

True, but on the other hand, if you cater to everyone, you please no one. Where should they draw the line? A SFL would be massively against GGG's vision of the game. I said before I would quit the game if it happened. It's not because I think playing self-found is stupid (I like solo ARPGs after all), it's because I wouldn't know what to expect of GGG anymore and thus playing PoE would be a waste of time for me since I like to know what I'm investing my time into.

Right, because we can only have extremities... spare us the line drawing.

You wouldn't know what to expect from GGG if they make a SFL? Anyone else thinks that's just a pile of BS?

You Xavderion, are a selfish man, nothing else.

Well, usually when you make a game, you have a vision of how the game should turn out to be. You base the core design around that vision and stick to it. If you want to be a jack of all trades, you become EA, AB or Ubisoft and produce watered down games that try to meet the lowest common denominator. Sorry that I don't want PoE to become such a game. If that makes me selfish, so be it.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I'm not sure how making Path of Exile so heavily focused on trading ISN'T catering to the lowest common denominator. Is trading supposed to be hardcore or something?
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker escreveu:
I'm not sure how making Path of Exile so heavily focused on trading ISN'T catering to the lowest common denominator. Is trading supposed to be hardcore or something?

Trading is a core part of the game, that's how GGG designed PoE from the beginning, for various reasons like PoE being an online game, trading giving dropped items more value and so on. Has nothing to do with hardcore?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
iamstryker escreveu:

poexyz.is IS the real game. PoE is just a third party software you need to complete your trades.
"
iamstryker escreveu:

Let's just expand on this a little though.

The intended design of PoE was not to have XYZ. It wasn't meant to give easy access to trading. Trading was supposed to be a little addition - here and there you would find an item to buy, either on the forum or the trade chat, and get an upgrade that way, by BARTERING. This is what would give PoE its intended "hardcore gameplay".

But then we have the implementation of the design which produced the mechanic we see today. Orbs became a classic form of currency, just like gold in other games, and items became widely available to every single John Doe, just like in Auction House III.

GGG is just as guilty of that happening as are the players. GGG (unintentionally?) made all the options available, and the players saw the opportunity and used all the available options to break the game.

The proposition of SFL is a proposition to introduce a league which brings the game closer to what it was meant to be.

However, if GGG is really happy with XYZ and seeing their "barter economy" being just another typical "capitalistic economy", that's a whole other thing.

A few of us proposing SFL do not even go as far as to "demand" removal of the current state of the game or any other global, radical change - we propose it to be done as a separate league, instead.

There is not a single valid argument that is being thrown at us right now. Every single one is either just uninformed or biased/subjective, outright stupid and pointless, or deliberate flame. There are barely a few legitimate concerns, which are only legitimate in very specific scenarios.

I should also add that I'm not of the ones who actively push radical ideas such as "GGG is behind all the RMT" and similar, but as an open minded individual actually using what little brain I have available, I leave possibilities for such options open until proven to be true/false. I do believe GGG could be a bit more communicative about their changes, and I highly appreciate a small step towards that with the Development Manifesto.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"
Xavderion escreveu:

Trading is a core part of the game, that's how GGG designed PoE from the beginning, for various reasons like PoE being an online game, trading giving dropped items more value and so on. Has nothing to do with hardcore?

I think trading is just as hardcore in PoE as it was in D3 with the AH. As in not at all.

Just to clarify I don't have any general problem with trading. Just that its so much more beneficial to a player than his time spent actually playing the game. I think finding and crafting your gear should be above trading.
Standard Forever

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional