GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

"
tinko92 escreveu:
"
Xavderion escreveu:

Well, usually when you make a game, you have a vision of how the game should turn out to be. You base the core design around that vision and stick to it. If you want to be a jack of all trades, you become EA, AB or Ubisoft and produce watered down games that try to meet the lowest common denominator. Sorry that I don't want PoE to become such a game. If that makes me selfish, so be it.

You do realize that the existence of the SFL would not change other leagues, everything stays the same there, for you and your buddies.

Please do explain, how is having a choice a bad thing?
How would the existence of SFL influence those who play in other leagues? Would they not be able to trade and enjoy the game as they are now?
What would PoE become with a SFL?

Yes, it makes you selfish, so far.

PA or FFA?

Choices/options aren't always good. However, this isn't as bad as the PA vs FFA loot issue because PA killed FFA. This will just segregate players, forcing them to invest in 2 leagues to get a full game experience.

Instead of bitching about SFL on its own, maybe offer ideas how to make the current leagues more attractive to the solo player without increasing the effect of players that abuse the trade mechanic?

To reiterate:
SFL removes a game mechanic (trading) to boost Item Finding/Crafting - Which is a bigger issue than many SFL player realize (duplicate items etc)
Normal leagues remove a game mechanic (crafting) from the normal player to boost obtaining items from trading.

It is a circle jerk, let us have them shake hands shall we?
Última edição por Worldbreaker em 26 de abr de 2014 09:46:06
"
Worldbreaker escreveu:
"
tinko92 escreveu:
"
Xavderion escreveu:

Well, usually when you make a game, you have a vision of how the game should turn out to be. You base the core design around that vision and stick to it. If you want to be a jack of all trades, you become EA, AB or Ubisoft and produce watered down games that try to meet the lowest common denominator. Sorry that I don't want PoE to become such a game. If that makes me selfish, so be it.

You do realize that the existence of the SFL would not change other leagues, everything stays the same there, for you and your buddies.

How would the existence of SFL influence those who play in other leagues? Would they not be able to trade and enjoy the game as they are now?

PA or FFA?

Choices/options aren't always good. However, this isn't as bad as the PA vs FFA loot issue because PA killed FFA. This will just segregate players, forcing them to invest in 2 leagues to get a full game experience.

Instead of bitching about SFL on its own, maybe offer ideas how to make the current leagues more attractive to the solo player without increasing the effect of players that abuse the trade mechanic?

<rolleyes> give me a break

Already they want us to remake every 4 months for their new beta leagues - so really already we have to bounce between 2 leagues.

Next cop out answer please.
"
Isbox1 escreveu:

<rolleyes> give me a break

Already they want us to remake every 4 months for their new beta leagues - so really already we have to bounce between 2 leagues.

Next cop out answer please.

Hey pleb, I already said I would play in a SFL, I just don't think it is the correct answer to the problem. Or am I not allowed to propose random shit I think would be better?

So you either get a temporary SFL or a temporary 4 month league or a broken ass legendary perm league, how are you going to manage playing 2 then? :rolleyes: not helping your case
"
Worldbreaker escreveu:
"
tinko92 escreveu:
"
Xavderion escreveu:

PA or FFA?

To reiterate:
SFL removes a game mechanic (trading) to boost Item Finding/Crafting - Which is a bigger issue than many SFL player realize (duplicate items etc)
Normal leagues remove a game mechanic (crafting) from the normal player to boost obtaining items from trading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cT_Ulmcrys

Youtube GG
"
Worldbreaker escreveu:

To reiterate:

While I like your post because it is not just another mindless troll, I do feel you have it wrong to a certain degree.

How does adding another league "force players to invest in 2 leagues to get a full game experience"? It doesn't force anyone into anything. It cannot be compared to the FFA/PA looting options at all.

Your second paragraph is something I completely agree with, and I've already said the same thing in Petrovs SFL thread with the poll. Suggesting constructively instead of bitching is something rarely considered by the typical user.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"
VenatorPoE escreveu:
"
Worldbreaker escreveu:

To reiterate:

While I like your post because it is not just another mindless troll, I do feel you have it wrong to a certain degree.

How does adding another league "force players to invest in 2 leagues to get a full game experience"? It doesn't force anyone into anything. It cannot be compared to the FFA/PA looting options at all.

Your second paragraph is something I completely agree with, and I've already said the same thing in Petrovs SFL thread with the poll. Suggesting constructively instead of bitching is something rarely considered by the typical user.

I covered this in the "To reiterate:"
Both SFL and the normal game remove something to give something.

To get both experiences you would need to play in 2 leagues.

PA/FFA was an example of his comment that options are never bad.
Última edição por Worldbreaker em 26 de abr de 2014 10:16:18
"
Worldbreaker escreveu:

PA or FFA?

Yes, they probably aren't always good.
PA killed FFA, and why do you think is that? You can still play FFA with those who like that and prefer it over SA/PA. You can't find enough people for full party? Ask yourself, why is that?

Oh now really, SFL would force players to invest in 2 leagues? Isn't that what you're saying happening already? It even forces players to invest in 4 leagues, for the full game experience. What's one more league? (except that it wouldn't, judging by the posts of anti-SFL selfish guys)
Please...

I have offered some ideas, especially on the map system and the gated content, however, it doesn't fit the economy.
And by the way, am I bitching about SFL here? That your claim is enough for me to stop interacting with you.
Hypothetically I think I would enjoy playing in two leagues at once. I would have my own reasons for enjoying a SFL and also to stick to standard where I can purchase whatever gear I want to make fun and wacky builds.
Standard Forever
"
tinko92 escreveu:
"
Worldbreaker escreveu:

PA or FFA?

Yes, they probably aren't always good.
PA killed FFA, and why do you think is that? You can still play FFA with those who like that and prefer it over SA/PA. You can't find enough people for full party? Ask yourself, why is that?

Oh now really, SFL would force players to invest in 2 leagues? Isn't that what you're saying happening already? It even forces players to invest in 4 leagues, for the full game experience. What's one more league? (except that it wouldn't, judging by the posts of anti-SFL selfish guys)
Please...

I have offered some ideas, especially on the map system and the gated content, however, it doesn't fit the economy.
And by the way, am I bitching about SFL here? That your claim is enough for me to stop interacting with you.

whoosh

SFL promotes crafting/lootfinding by removing trading or the joy of finding an item you may be able to sell, while ANY current league limits crafting and looting for your specific build by allowing you to trade those items you don't need to progress your current or future build. Not going to type this again.. you just keep ignoring it.

You are bitching about SFL, you are bitching about why you need it and people are bitching about why you don't. "That your claim is enough for me to stop interacting with you."

PA killed FFA because PA is easier, exactly why I didn't want it in the first place.

"
iamstryker escreveu:
Hypothetically I think I would enjoy playing in two leagues at once. I would have my own reasons for enjoying a SFL and also to stick to standard where I can purchase whatever gear I want to make fun and wacky builds.

Assuming the SFL was a permanent league on its own, I wholeheartedly agree. I would much rather play in a SFL than standard during the 2 week layover between 4 month leagues. I highly doubt if it were implemented they would be willing to make it permanent though. :(
Última edição por Worldbreaker em 26 de abr de 2014 10:32:13
"
Worldbreaker escreveu:

whoosh

SFL promotes crafting/lootfinding by removing trading or the joy of finding an item you may be able to sell, while ANY current league limits crafting and looting for your specific build by allowing you to trade those items you don't need to progress your current or future build. Not going to type this again.. you just keep ignoring it.

You are bitching about SFL, you are bitching about why you need it and people are bitching about why you don't. "That your claim is enough for me to stop interacting with you."

PA killed FFA because PA is easier, exactly why I didn't want it in the first place.

So what now, you're going to tell others what's interesting and fun for them?
Of course I've ignored that part, because it's a pure irrelevance. What's next? You'll tell me that the water is a liquid?

No, I am not bitching, do you even know what that term stands for? Or you automatically say that someone who has a different taste than you is bitching? I believe it's the second thing, and it makes me sick just reading that crap.

I won't even start discussing about PA-FFA, because you obviously have issues with people with a different taste than yours.

Anyway, your arguments against SFL were shallow and ridiculous to say at best.

Had to respond to you once more, but won't do it anymore.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional