[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
iskalla1 escreveu:
^
Thanks for taking the time to reply! I'm going to give the spirit shield variant a shot a later tonight to lessen the chance of getting one shotted :)

Made my char visible, had no idea I had it set to private.

Hello :)

Np, glad to help ^^

If you can find pseudo 6-7 link helmet with good supports, you could get lot more DPS out of the Specters. More DPS is one of the best ways to survive as shorted fight means less kiting.

Adding Enhance to Temporal Chains links would slow enemies down further and add lot of defenses.

I would also drop nodes near the grave pact and also maybe take the flat ES nodes on top of witch start.

Overall you gear looks pretty good and I think that with some changes and going for block version you will be much safer in encounters ;)

"
After playing with cyclone and essence drain/contagion I'm finally going back to flame golems as my final build for the league. The new pledge setup looks really interesting and I look forward to giving it a try.

I'm a little confused about your comment a few pages back,

I'm not understanding this very well, should I be going for a certain range of Golem cooldown Recovery Speed with Primordial Harmony jewels?

Hi :)

The Pledge setup has been very fun to play and looks very promising once the PoB updates and we finally get some data.

With the cast speed / cooldown, this is still purely theoretical but there are 3x different situations :

Golems have more cast speed than cooldown

Golems will finish casting orbs before they generate new orb charge and will most likely start using weaker spells while still on cooldown for Orbs. This requires them to move closer to enemy to be able to use short range spell. We dont want this as they wont go back to orbs after casting the weaker spell as range is too short.

Golems have more cooldown reduction than cast speed

Golems get extra charge before they can start casting new Orbs. This results in charges to accumulate for no reason and results in potential DPS / defense loss. extra Harmonies could be used for Watchers eye, cast speed for Golems, etc.

Golems have as much cooldown reduction as cast speed

Golems finish casting at the same time as they get new charge. This lets them cast new Orbs immediately and wont risk them having to use the short range spells. extra resources wont be used for them to accumulate extra charges, so the extra harmonies can be used for extra defenses if wanted.

So basically 1:1 ratio for total cast speed length to cooldown duration should be optimal in theory. It's quite tricky to calculate as we can't get exact numbers from PoB yet, but can be estimated roughtly. About 1.1-1.2 sec for both total cast speed and cooldown reduction seems to be easy to achieve with standard items.

You can safely stack as much cast speed and cooldown reduction as you want as the only thing that this should affect is the Golems AI or wasted defense in accumulated charges. If you notice Golems going for short range spells, you might want to tweak the cooldown / cast speed values to keep them locked in magma orb animation.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Última edição por mika2salo em 7 de jul de 2019 19:42:02
I am interested in the pledge version, i played a golemancer several leagues ago and i was wondering what the damage difference between 6:1:1 and 5:1:1:1 would be? I will assume 6+ Harmonies
Additional question: As pledge staff fully linked starting around 5 ex ... i can't afford that,

So 5 link pledge is possible, but which gem to drop from the 6 link setup? Combustion or controlled destruction?
"
lordchopf escreveu:
I am interested in the pledge version, i played a golemancer several leagues ago and i was wondering what the damage difference between 6:1:1 and 5:1:1:1 would be? I will assume 6+ Harmonies

Hello :)

Each extra Golem seems to be about 15-20% DPS increase to each other Golems. You would lose one projectile based Golems, but it should be manageable.

I value more shooting Golems higher myself for clear-speed, but both setups should be able to clear maps and deal high boss damage.

"
Additional question: As pledge staff fully linked starting around 5 ex ... i can't afford that,

So 5 link pledge is possible, but which gem to drop from the 6 link setup? Combustion or controlled destruction?

Hey :)

Good question.

Controlled Destruction gives more DPS against trash mobs, which have almost 0% fire resistance.

Combustion gives more DPS against rare / unique monsters once they are ignited. It's useful against high HP enemies and for maps that have increased elemental resistances for mobs.

If you want to clear at maximal speed, I would go with Controlled Destruction. If you want to deal higher damage to rares / unique monsters but can clear bit slower, I would go with Combustion.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Hey,

I'm back to play this build after some time again.

For me, the importance of "not to die" is much higher then to have fast clear.
Please can you check my character and let me know what improvements are most important.

I also not sure about the helmet.
I have one with lvl 20 minion damage/burning damage.
And also I have the vertex.
Which one is better to use?

Thank you so much for this build and your help.
Little bit strange today, i am lvl 70, have 3 labs done (got elemancer!), had 6 fire golems nearby (+1 ice +1 lightning), have Soul of Abberath active ...

-> And got burned and lost life/es out of it ...

Why is that happen?

-------------

@johngalt00 As we don't know the rest of the stats of your other helmet ...

Anyway, as spectre link will be pseudo 6 link, i would really take the other helmet ...
About better survivability: High ES, Life, enough Resis ... first of all you should get quality on your vertex :)

BTW: Bones of Ullr are a kinda bad choice for endgame ... sure it has +1 spectre, but the stats are baaaaaaaaaaad ... only 25 ES
Última edição por Mydgard6 em 9 de jul de 2019 11:16:16
"
johngalt00 escreveu:
Hey,

I'm back to play this build after some time again.

For me, the importance of "not to die" is much higher then to have fast clear.
Please can you check my character and let me know what improvements are most important.

I also not sure about the helmet.
I have one with lvl 20 minion damage/burning damage.
And also I have the vertex.
Which one is better to use?

Thank you so much for this build and your help.

"
Little bit strange today, i am lvl 70, have 3 labs done (got elemancer!), had 6 fire golems nearby (+1 ice +1 lightning), have Soul of Abberath active ...

-> And got burned and lost life/es out of it ...

Why is that happen?

-------------

@johngalt00 As we don't know the rest of the stats of your other helmet ...

Anyway, as spectre link will be pseudo 6 link, i would really take the other helmet ...
About better survivability: High ES, Life, enough Resis ... first of all you should get quality on your vertex :)

BTW: Bones of Ullr are a kinda bad choice for endgame ... sure it has +1 spectre, but the stats are baaaaaaaaaaad ... only 25 ES

Hey and thanks for support ^^

Like Mydgard said, I would also go for pseudo 6-link helmet for Specs and +1 Spec rare boots over Bones or Ullr.

For best survival you want to deal as much damage as possible to end fight faster and to also get as much EHP (HP + ES) on each item possible.

One easy increase for EHP is to go for rare ES armor instead of Sotl. You lose some clear speed as Golems will be lower level, but with pseudo 6-link helmet Tukohama Specs are doing most of boss damage anyway. You can get 700+ ES rare armor in league for few exalts.

If you switch helmet for pseudo 6-link, I recommend stacking some chaos res on rare items. Dying to chaos damage is not very likely with Chayula ammy, but can happen in some bosses like vaal temple. Only 100% way to die to chaos damage is to blind open rare box and to get freeze + toxic cloud.

Mydgard6 -> Interesting, you should not take any damage from burning ground or ignites. I checked your PoB and everything seemed to be in order. Can you still replicate the burn?

For bosses, Pledge setup can deal same or even more damage than Necro variant. However it's heavily dependent on Golems casting only Magma Orbs. I did some tests and boss kills took 3-4 times longer when Golems were not casting Orbs but rather using weaker spells. Starting boss fight with Golems far from boss is very important and maybe even running manual cast Convocation could be in order to get Golems away from boss that like to engage in melee fight with them.

UPDATE

PRIMORDIAL MIGHT ON PLEDGE OF HANDS VARIANT

I have been testing Pledge setup without Might, and I'm getting interesting results.

Boss damage is much higher as I get more Golems damage from extra Harmony and Golems don't enter the melee range as easily. I really like controlling Golems on boss fights without Might.

Clear speed is similar, but Golems have some AI hick-ups once in a while. They might not attack enemy that is 1/2 screen from you, if you they are focused on something on the other side. This can be however instantly fixed by focusing their attention with Winter Orb.

I really like the setup with no Might. If more tests are successful, I might consider dropping Might totally.

PS. Did some additional tests and it's certainly a trade-off.

Map clearing was slower as Golems have trouble clearing all mobs in the screen thanks to limited AI range. They could get stuck on few enemies on the screen, but unable to attack them if not focused with Winter Orb.

However boss fights felt much better. It was easier to control their range and get maximal DPS in boss fights. This required active using of Winter Orb to control their direction of aggro. Golems wont run directly to melee with boss if using Winter Orbs to target the boss, but not having Might.

So the choice comes down to own play-style. If wanting to just clear maps asap, running Might is clear winner. If you want to have more control and maximal DPS for boss fights, then not running Might seems stronger.
Última edição por mika2salo em 9 de jul de 2019 17:52:49
I would definitely recommend checking out Elegant Hubris Timeless Jewels.

I went through about 50 ish jewels till I found one I liked. For 8 points I get 160% increased maximum minion life and 80% increased minion damage. The top middle jewel socket area is great b/c you only lose an 8% increased maximum life notable which is a great trade off.

Also I'm really liking Aspect of the Avian.

While the spider aspect is probably better, this chest and aura offers great utility. +75 to attributes really helps with that strength and especially dex requirement, and the 10% reduced mana reservation allows me to run discipline, 2 curses, and even flesh and stone if I wanted to.

Última edição por Bibpanana em 10 de jul de 2019 00:03:21
Pledge of hands has definitely more Dps but not by alot, and besides your Golems loses block and will die for sure in high tier maps.

Every league I have been playing phase acrobatics pure Golems and able to do t16 8 mods, 4 sextants with ease.

Neat build. Just started getting into maps.

POB lists using:

but the guide here says to use:

Which is more ideal? Thanks.
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional