What Happens When the Domination and Nemesis Leagues End?

Glad to see IIQ changes.
"Witty remark."

Talisman SC
IGN: HerbalD
Última edição por TheDancingDead em 13 de fev de 2014 04:09:17
"
Skyl3lazer escreveu:
Playing in standard continuously gets boring, and a fresh start can be fun!

Stop trying to tell people how to have fun.
We get it, you're orgasmic when you play the same content for a gazillion times over and over again. That's your idea/version of fun.

OTHER people, currently almost a third of the playerbase, like to play in a permanent league not a temporary one.
Their idea/version of fun is to play a-la-long with the same character(s) and their ideea/version of mega-boring is to start over and over again for a gazillion times.

That is happening whether you like it or not, people are different.
So stop telling people how they should enjoy the game because they are already enjoying it in a way that they like.
Respect goes both ways.
Última edição por mobutu em 13 de fev de 2014 04:11:41
"

Prismatic Rings will no longer drop, but can still be obtained from vendor recipes.

Change sucks better buff Two Stone rings because they suck.

Also that means Loris Lantern and Thiefs Torment would be irregular drops.

How was it with community feedback with. "We listen what the community says"

"

Item quantity will be revisited in 1.1.0. We are highly likely to prevent the Item Quantity support gem from dropping in 1.1.0 and to prevent the Item Quantity mod from spawning on magic or rare items. Item Quantity will continue to exist on Unique items, but we may review its magnitude.
Old mods and items will not be removed or changed for players who currently have them. Powerful legacy items are a feature of the permanent leagues.

Don't think I don't see differences between droprates in Dom and Nemesis....
Instead of fucking the playerbase with useless nerfs you should punish the rich ones and make poor players get closer to rich players. Then you won't have dead leagues 1,5 months after they started.

Make a downtime and fix all legacy items. This shit only creates RMT problems!

"

The Unique items from the challenge leagues will not drop any more, but may return as race rewards or drops at some later time.

Then remove shrines/Nemesis mods for good as well.

"
Shrines will be added to the core game. They will not spawn as frequently as in the Domination league and some may be rebalanced.

Shrines suck they don't add anything interesting to the core game. Kick them for good.

But why do I even try lazy balancing means that 4 month league settings will be moved to regular leagues after they end anyway.

Where is "If the community doesn't like it we won't add them"

"
Nemesis mods will start to occasionally spawn on rare monsters in the core game. When a rare monster spawns, there's a percentage chance that it receives a Nemesis mod. It will still be in addition to prefixes and suffixes. Some Nemesis mods will be adjusted, removed, or transformed into a regular prefix or suffix.

Let me guess Inner Treasure will be removed or becomes so rare nobody but no lifers will see it again just to find a low level unique?

They are lazily added anyway.

A bear/crab with vuln on hit gets the mod Bringer of Fragility!

The Volatile mods are entirely stupid because on high levels you won't even survive them with maxed resists unless ranged--->Path of Ranged
Undying Evangelist+Shield-->Skip or die really "good" design.
Shroud Walker is rather desync walker and you can't say if you miss due blind of because the mob desynced.

Oh did you read the feedback on Corrupting Blood? I don't think the community likes them so how about changing max Charges to 200? Since you must make the game "harder" while the community defines it as "broken".

How about a 4 month lamt league, since uniques on maps are lamt anyway. Let's make all whites like uniques on maps too.

"
What is not clear is if existing Item Quantity support gems will be removed also or this patch will introduce a new legacy type: legacy skill gems.
Please clarify this.

There will be legacy gems.

Same thing happened back in CB when Punishment got removed but the main difference punishment was entirely useless beside bosses.

"
People really like to start from scratch every few months?

RMT scum does.
Play 1 month then cash out and play another game.

This league system only shows how poorly designed the game is.
It showed why nobody played D2 anymore and D2 is a Botland.
"
mobutu escreveu:
"
Skyl3lazer escreveu:
Playing in standard continuously gets boring, and a fresh start can be fun!

Stop trying to tell people how to have fun.
We get it, you're orgasmic when you play the same content for a gazillion times over and over again. That's your idea/version of fun.

OTHER people, currently almost a third of the playerbase, like to play in a permanent league not a temporary one.
Their idea/version of fun is to play a-la-long with the same character(s) and their ideea/version of mega-boring is to start over and over again for a gazillion times.

That is happening whether you like it or not, people are different.
So stop telling people how they should enjoy the game because they are already enjoying it in a way that they like.
Respect goes both ways.

Once every four months isn't a gazillion times, and four months is a long time! I'm not saying you should screw off if you play standard, but you have to by this point understand the game's economy isn't based around it anymore.
"
bplusone escreveu:
Self-found league would be great. An environment where everyone, not just those who choose to, are forced to live off the land with some vendor support. No trading. Would add quite a bit of challenge to an already exciting world.

SFL starts on 25.03.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"
Skyl3lazer escreveu:

"
holocaustus escreveu:
"
grubworm escreveu:
people really play standard league?

There are people to start from scratch multiple times a day. It's how races work! I dont get why you'd endlessly farm gear on a character that can already clear everything in the game, and am looking forward to the new leagues as a good opportunity to test new builds.

To use my accumulated wealth and items, pitiful as they are, to gear out new characters and try new builds instead of having to grind out everything anew every time.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Thre is hope after all... removal of IIQ.

Now remove IIR and rebalance drops properly and be done with that crappy legacy mechanic from other games.
"
Skyl3lazer escreveu:

"
holocaustus escreveu:
"
grubworm escreveu:
people really play standard league?

There are people to start from scratch multiple times a day. It's how races work! I dont get why you'd endlessly farm gear on a character that can already clear everything in the game, and am looking forward to the new leagues as a good opportunity to test new builds.

Last race season I did every race I could to get as many points and the divination flask (to be legacy soon BTW). Many scions later and after spectral throw spam I looked at it and what got? No new char, because you build short term. limited build experience (always same effective build). few orbs I could get to drop ... and that's it. Now I hate scion with passion.

This race season? I got as far as getting goldwyrm boots for he cool alt-art and that's it. full stop.

I'd rather run maps on my char for further (RPG-esque) progression and more/better drops. (standard btw)

Now as a player who choose to main standard league for steady and constant progression this 'dumpster league' vibe that I get from dev's post even, makes me feel uneasy. Player 'elitism' for playing hardest hardcore league, I don't mind. Is their poison. GGG making half-thought game 'features' for standard then balancing it around bot farmers and 400/100 MF builds is... meh.

And builds... when do you consider it's done? at 20-30 poins for races? at 90 points when you hit merc Piety? or around 115-120 points after you topped the end-game-mapping?

You can start this many builds. After a while I guess we want to stick to some and push it further to get... stronger?
"
Fluffy_Puppies escreveu:
"
Skyl3lazer escreveu:

Standard has the most stable currency exchange rates. When you actually try to buy something besides currency, good fucking luck. Top end (price wise) items in Nem/Dom are uniques like shav's, which can run around 60ex. There are yellows in standard that people charge that much for a mirror fee, nevermind trying to actually buy the base item.

Last time I checked non-legacy shavs ran for 15-20 ex on standard if they really cost 60 on the new leagues that just further confirms standard has the best economy. Exalts are also much cheaper to buy with lower currency on standard so it seems to me that is a win on all sides.

You havent checked in about 6mths or more then because a non legacy shavs on standard is around 70ex for an unlinked no socket. a 6link is 110ex and a legacy 6l shavs is 180+ex...
"
mobutu escreveu:
"
Skyl3lazer escreveu:
Did you look at the numbers GGG gave us? 25% in standard, 2.6% in hardcore, which is hardly a third.

That is exactly 27.6% and a third represents 33.3%
Hardly? I'd say it is there already. Most of them new players that started in domination league because it was the default choice (made by ggg, mind you, it was freshly changed from standard league) will not be restarting in new temp league but instead will stay in standard, growing that playerbase. I'd be willing to bet that standard population will grow but we will see about that.

"
Skyl3lazer escreveu:
economy was already shit, and would already become shit.

Everybody knows that standard league has the most stable and decent trade rates.
The economy is shit and made even shittier only because of developer's dickish moves like legacy items (uniques, rares, gems), questionable orbs like kalandra mirror, eternal orb, etc

"
Skyl3lazer escreveu:
'paying' quip, which is just funny to me since there's no reason to think people that play standard pay any more than people in any other league.

They dont have to pay more. The point is they pay which is more than good enough for developer to "care" about them

Hi Guy,

you just missed the point.

the population percentage is much different from payment percentage. you know why BIG DATA is so hot, the world live on it.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional