Path of Exile: Sacrifice of the Vaal Full Information

"
t_golgari escreveu:
"
60x7 escreveu:

Nope, actually this is retarded. For athletes hoping to go to the olympics running is their job but nice try.

Well, you are wrong. Athletes in the olympics have to be amateurs, at least regarding the rules of the competition. And the athletes from most of the smaller countries, even from my native country Germany, work somewhere to earn a living while not competing. Most of them work in the policeforce or the military in special "sports-units", but they have to earn their expenses.

And the "no-life" (no disrespect, just using the term to make a point) streamers? Guess what, when they play the game, they are actually working, too.

Not anymore, at least in some sports. But NBA and NHL folks compete in the Olympics all the time now.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Última edição por Archwizard em 2 de mar de 2014 16:44:48
"
Charanjaydemyr escreveu:
"
Archwizard escreveu:

Not anymore, at least in some sports. But NBA and NHL folks compete in the Olympics all the time now.

But technically they shouldn't.

Not sure about the NHL, but the NBA has been sending the pros to the Olympics since the 1992 Olympics, which happened to showcase the best basketball team ever to be assembled internationally (one of the best overall in international sport historically). Those games were never close, I think the lowest score differential was 32, and the highest being 79. Ever since then, the pros kept participating in every Olympics. The only time, USA was not awarded a gold, was in 2004, and that team was not assembled properly, so the best they got was a bronze.

So, the last six Olympics, the Olympic committee have not denied the pros from entering the Olympics. Because of that, USA has won gold, 5 out of the 6 Olympics.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Última edição por JohnNamikaze em 2 de mar de 2014 17:15:39
"
JohnNamikaze escreveu:
"
Charanjaydemyr escreveu:
"
Archwizard escreveu:

Not sure about the NHL, but the NBA has been sending the pros to the Olympics since the 1992 Olympics, which happened to showcase the best basketball team ever to be assembled internationally (one of the best overall in international sport historically). Those games were never close, I think the lowest score differential was 32, and the highest being 79. Ever since then, the pros kept participating in every Olympics. The only time, USA was not awarded a gold, was in 2004, and that team was not assembled properly, so the best they got was a bronze.

So, the last six Olympics, the Olympic committee have not denied the pros from entering the Olympics. Because of that, USA has won gold, 5 out of the 6 Olympics.

And that's because the Olympic committee changed the charter in 1986 to include all great athletes, essentially removing the "amateur" requirement. All countries can send their professional athletes now. Check out the soccer teams.

But what in Queen Atziri's bunghole does this have to do with POE?
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
"
Charanjaydemyr escreveu:

No, technically they should. The rules have changed.
"
Archwizard escreveu:
"
t_golgari escreveu:
"
60x7 escreveu:

Nope, actually this is retarded. For athletes hoping to go to the olympics running is their job but nice try.

Well, you are wrong. Athletes in the olympics have to be amateurs, at least regarding the rules of the competition. And the athletes from most of the smaller countries, even from my native country Germany, work somewhere to earn a living while not competing. Most of them work in the policeforce or the military in special "sports-units", but they have to earn their expenses.

And the "no-life" (no disrespect, just using the term to make a point) streamers? Guess what, when they play the game, they are actually working, too.

Oh, they have to sign special agreements that prohibit any Sponsors exept the official ones of the games, nobody can compete with his own sponsor visible and stuff. Was a huge deal for tennis players.
"
Madschun escreveu:
"
ziggro escreveu:
50 players in each league will get the mtx, so 50 people without jobs can get it. And those who have a job have no chance. Lame

Better to have a job than winning a mtx.

QFT. Shouldn't feel bad about not winning if you have a job.

GGG if you're reading this, I want you to know that I really would like to buy more micro-transactions. Let me preface what I'm about to say: your current micro-transactions are of great quality and I wouldn't want that to change at all. However, your selection is still pretty paltry. I wish you had about 5 or 10 times the selection so I could find something that suits me.
As far as I am concenred, every game required dedication and time to be one of the best and get rewarded. You can't simply expect to have a chance to win with a few clicks on the mouse. That's lazy and selfish. It's like saying you should deserve a chance to win the lottery jackpot, even if you didn't buy the ticket.

PS I better get checked for epilepsy and heart conditions. Packs of surprise devourers in every zone concern me.
http://i.imgur.com/8fqgfAh.png
Última edição por rinleezwins em 2 de mar de 2014 18:14:44
i want the new league. now :(
Looking forward to those patch notes.

Side note: I'd be rather jealous if the first-50 microtransaction is a pair of pants.
IGN: Fiona_Falconstrike, Geldar_the_Barbarian, Natalie_Fellshadow
"
Vvemoth escreveu:
"
Madschun escreveu:
"
ziggro escreveu:
50 players in each league will get the mtx, so 50 people without jobs can get it. And those who have a job have no chance. Lame

Better to have a job than winning a mtx.

QFT. Shouldn't feel bad about not winning if you have a job.

GGG if you're reading this, I want you to know that I really would like to buy more micro-transactions. Let me preface what I'm about to say: your current micro-transactions are of great quality and I wouldn't want that to change at all. However, your selection is still pretty paltry. I wish you had about 5 or 10 times the selection so I could find something that suits me.

I second this, I also think the mtx are great but there are not enough. I'm sure I read somewhere else that there is only one person making the mtx. I reckon hire two or three more people, because I would hate to see the growth of this game bottle-necked by a lack of shop.

On another note, I do understand players who hold down full time jobs and families feel it is unfair they do not have the time to commit themselves to sporting events such as the top 50 to defeat Queen Atziri. However, you chose your line of work, you chose to have a family (hopefully), so you can not complain about not having the time to compete. You could have actually made a career out of gaming instead of your chosen line of work. Furthermore 'offline' athletes (rugby, baseball etc) have to make that same decision, and if they have the guts/skill they follow their passion. Therefore you can't complain about this degree of competition just because many of you chose a different 'path' in life. These competitions should stay and there should be more of them.

On the other hand, GGG have provided races of varied length and time (and soon pvp) that cater to the short-for-time-crowd. Although admittedly you need to acquire the points over a season to have any success. So perhaps GGG should consider holding events with rewards for the short-for-time-crowd, that don't require the commitment of a whole season as well. In no way am I suggesting anything easy to achieve, but something that requires a high skill level in a short period of time.

For example, you could have a daily cutt-throat/hunger games - players advance through instances (based on kills or leveling), until there is only one instance left with all the surviving players, and only one player could win this, receiving an Atziri worthy mtx. I'm sure there are more no-time/high-skill challenges that are possible, anyone else have some ideas?

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional