[3.25] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] All content is done. PoB updated

"
7aurick escreveu:
"
Fire_Archer escreveu:
"
7aurick escreveu:
I just had a voices drop from simulacrum. Any idea where I would spend 300ex? :o
I'm just using it atm because I can't find a jewel with enduring composure + doedre's gluttony, but it's very inefficient to do in terms of currency and skill points.

Look at this guy, wasting all the next league luck.

Empower 5 is my suggestion. Can also try out 4 or 5 Slum Lord Timelss jewel. Just to make things really dumb.

xD

I like to think of it as the start of a long streak of luck earned from thousands of hours of terrible drops.

Slum lord looks really good, but I think it'll be a real challenge to find a jewel with the right seed. Played around in PoB for like 20 minutes and the best seed I found only rolled 2 slum lord. I'll probably just go with the empower 5 for now.

I've used triple slumlord jewels before, even before they introduced the code to crack those things. In poB there's actually the option to search for certain nodes, check this out - no need to just put in new ones randomly.
"
Vennto escreveu:
"
7aurick escreveu:
"
Fire_Archer escreveu:

Look at this guy, wasting all the next league luck.

Empower 5 is my suggestion. Can also try out 4 or 5 Slum Lord Timelss jewel. Just to make things really dumb.

xD

I like to think of it as the start of a long streak of luck earned from thousands of hours of terrible drops.

Slum lord looks really good, but I think it'll be a real challenge to find a jewel with the right seed. Played around in PoB for like 20 minutes and the best seed I found only rolled 2 slum lord. I'll probably just go with the empower 5 for now.

I've used triple slumlord jewels before, even before they introduced the code to crack those things. In poB there's actually the option to search for certain nodes, check this out - no need to just put in new ones randomly.

Thanks man! I had no idea they added this feature.

Replaced meat shield with predator and got a triple slumlord jewel that replaces the glorious vanity. Have cracked 35mil dps on bosses, need a better megalomaniac and empower 5 to crack 40mil.
Última edição por 7aurick em 29 de jul de 2022 07:10:17
Oh boy! Isn't its time to get on board of the hype train? Let's get right into it!

(also my drawing tablet is fixed, lets goooo)

There are few things I wanna share in this info post.
1) Adventures in Gauntlet.
2) Nerf predictions and counteractions.
3) Future plans for the main post.

Gauntlet.
Spoiler
Finally I was able to not die to random DC and actually finish leveling and try out this build in SSF HC (I was curious how will it perform) and not just that but with gauntlet mods too.

For those of you who doesn't know, once you finish the acts, you get about 30% monster damage and 30% monster damage reduction. At least that's what is important in this experiment.

First thing I want to mention - maybe I miss something important and advanced, but leveling with SRS felt like... far superior than Absolution. All you need to have is a 4 link SRS-Unleash-Infernal Legion-Minion Life. And Minion Instability on a passive tree. That's it. It will carry through acts regardless of your gear. Carried me in a gauntlet with me picking up most life and block nodes to not die.

By the time I finished acts I was (almost) fully block capped, fully res capped including chaos resist, with a decent chunk of life. And still was able to kill stuff with SRS on a 4 link.
Character

I hesitated to switch to relics for a while because I was not lucky to drop a Trigger weapon. That was a big mistake. Once I put relics with flicker strike on… Oh man. Lets just say game got a lot more fun. Even with me having to hand cast Desecrate AND Bone Offering, it still felt really good.

Conclusion to make: don’t hesitate to fully swap to relics once you get a 5-6 link.

Another thing to notice – you can outright start with crit version of the build. There is no reason to even wait for brittle boots. It’s a bit meh, because you will only have about 30% crit that way, but its still a bit more damage than non-crit on average. Host Chieftains are very tanky and you need 2 of them. Those monkeys were tanking it all in a gauntlet on a 3 link.

I managed to push the build into red maps in SSF gear. And it was a smooth ride. Nothing more to say about it. And then I got bored of playing it safe, rolled beyond and blew myself up on beyond boss corpse explosion. After tanking the previous two of those.

Reached level 88. Finished Uber Lab without any real issues.

Now to conclusions. I DO NOT play SSF or HC or even any OTHER BUILDS so its hard for me to compare. So take anything I say with grain of salt.

1) Is this build HC viable. It feels ALMOST viable. If I felt pretty safe in a gauntlet of all place, it must be good. That being said a lot of tackiness comes from block. One unlucky hit and you might die. It is fixed by extra layers of protection, however, you need to get to obtaining those first.

2) Is this build SSF viable. ALMOST viable. Up to t11 – no problem. Pushing it further may be difficult because you would need specific uniques like Skin of the Lords, Glorious Vanity, etc. I don’t know how people play SSF in that regard, I guess you would have to just grind a lot of breaches and Legions. But if that’s the challenge you wanna put on yourself – you can try this build. It takes very little and fairly obtainable gear to start it rolling. Again – farmed a little bit of Heist for Geofry’s Crest. A little bit of Betrayal for Trigger craft, and a little bit of Vaal side areas for a 6 link. Easy as that.

3) Is this build HC SSF viable? Prolly not. Would be too hard to stay alive in t16 without big gear upgrades.

Nerf predictions
Spoiler
The nerfs I expect in relation to the build.
1) Aegis Aurora. It is speculated to get nerfed nearly by everyone. Armor stacking made it too good. Melding made it too good. I fully expect GGG to double nerf both the listed mechanics and the shield itself.
That being said – we moved past it. It’s a good shield to have mid game, but Dawnbreaker proven to be so strong AND common, you might not even need Aurora. That will cause you to miss out on ES regen, but Dawnbreaker has massive Synergy with Divine Shield. All the physical damage you won’ take because of the conversion counts as ‘prevented’

2) Brittle ground.
Hard to say if it will get blasted. And if it will – will it be just boots mods or overall nerf to the mechanic.
Brittle ground as is now – gives us about 20% damage boost. More importantly it makes us reach 100% crit.
If the effect of Brittle will be nerfed – it still would be best thing to use.
If the mod will be fully removed from boots – there is another source of it – Heist shield base. This means we won’t be able to use Dawnbreaker, but rare shields have a bunch of defensive mods to possibly compensate for it. Would require some crafting though.

3) Ashe of the Stars. I think it might get another nerf. Its still too good and still used by majority of the builds. That would be really sad. No replacement for it. That’s 60% more damage down the drain.

4) Necromancer Ascendancy might receive a hit. Most popular nodes – we don’t use. They might nerf Bone Offering/Mistress of Sacrifice. I don’t expect it to be too bad, even if it gets hit we have somewhat of a buffer, some block passives, some extra block on shields to still be capped.

5) Fortress covenant might receive a hit, maybe get down to 30% - won’t be a big deal.
Can’t really think of anything else. Maybe you can throw some ideas.

Future plans for the main post.
Spoiler
Not much here to say. Back to my previous conversations I decided to reserve 3 oldest posts I have after the main one and maybe move some of the info down there. Like league mechanics and other non-directly related stuff. Info posts will also go down there.
PoB recently received a big update – letting me list in gem sets for leveling, early mapping, endgame. I will try to get to filling that gap up, but maybe after the patchnotes.

"
7aurick escreveu:

Replaced meat shield with predator and got a triple slumlord jewel that replaces the glorious vanity. Have cracked 35mil dps on bosses, need a better megalomaniac and empower 5 to crack 40mil.

Predator is a bait. PoB doesn't calculate its levels right. If you want real damage - set its levels 11 lower. Unless you wanna be PoB warrior of course.

Also I urge you to try out Seven Lives Forbidden Jewels. They cost a lot and I was always wondering if those are worth it.
Good job updating the build, I'm looking forward to trying it out again next league as long as it's not nerfed by a lot or I discover another interesting thing I want to do :D
Also congrats on your Gauntlet progress! I got only to white maps on Absolution and it as so-so, not very exciting. Then again I didn't have as much time to play.

That said I didn't come here just to appreciate your build but also to ask some questions:

What is the target Keystone we want to get on Skin of the Lords? Imbalanced Guard or Lethe Shade?

What is your vision of "going crit early?" Any specific skill gems or item pieces we'd need for that?
"
TheEighthPanda escreveu:
Good job updating the build, I'm looking forward to trying it out again next league as long as it's not nerfed by a lot or I discover another interesting thing I want to do :D
Also congrats on your Gauntlet progress! I got only to white maps on Absolution and it as so-so, not very exciting. Then again I didn't have as much time to play.

That said I didn't come here just to appreciate your build but also to ask some questions:

What is the target Keystone we want to get on Skin of the Lords? Imbalanced Guard or Lethe Shade?

What is your vision of "going crit early?" Any specific skill gems or item pieces we'd need for that?

What is the target Keystone we want - both are great. Imbalanced Guard is good overall, but Lethe Shade is better if you plan on bossing a lot.

What is your vision of "going crit early?" - That just means you don't need to start with Controled Destruction as one of your gems and can just level Inc. Crit Damage instead. Also means you need to grab 2 Host Chieftains as soon as you start using Relic.
"
Fire_Archer escreveu:
"
7aurick escreveu:

Predator is a bait. PoB doesn't calculate its levels right. If you want real damage - set its levels 11 lower. Unless you wanna be PoB warrior of course.

Also I urge you to try out Seven Lives Forbidden Jewels. They cost a lot and I was always wondering if those are worth it.

Yeh I noticed PoB calculated wrong after I got predator in and realised it was only lvl 23. Even with this adjustment it was giving about 10% more dps on single target compared to the same build with meat shield. The tradeoff is 20% reduction on dps on trash mobs, I think this isn't too noticeable though with things like asenath gloves and inspired learning.

I'll get the nine lives and let you know how it goes, looks like it would work very well with the other recoup.

As for other content now, I ran these before getting the timeless jewel @ (hadn't done pinnacle bosses until this league)

Uber elder: can do one-handed while talking on the phone
Uber cortex: Easy, even with enemies take 70% less damage mod
Full power shaper/elder: Easy. Shaper is a good farm with the sublime jewel
Uber uber elder: Got it first go with a couple death. I don't know this fight very well
Uber maven: Smashed my face. I'm not good at this fight
Feared w/ height of hubris, captivating: Easy
Uber sirus: Haven't tried yet, last time I fought sirus he OSK the animated guardian.
Uber eater: Easy
Uber exarch: Haven't tried. Hate this fight
Última edição por 7aurick em 29 de jul de 2022 10:07:27
"
7aurick escreveu:
"
Fire_Archer escreveu:
"
7aurick escreveu:

Yeh I noticed PoB calculated wrong after I got predator in and realised it was only lvl 23. Even with this adjustment it was giving about 10% more dps on single target compared to the same build with meat shield. The tradeoff is 20% reduction on dps on trash mobs, I think this isn't too noticeable though with things like asenath gloves and inspired learning.

The real trade off is extra button to press. Also without meat shield relics take more damage and can possibly die. Also dual bosses. Like Uber Cortex or invitations. I mean you can use it to max out single target but 10% hardly worth is, at least in my opinion.
"
Fire_Archer escreveu:
"
7aurick escreveu:

The real trade off is extra button to press. Also without meat shield relics take more damage and can possibly die. Also dual bosses. Like Uber Cortex or invitations. I mean you can use it to max out single target but 10% hardly worth is, at least in my opinion.

I used to run wormblaster so I'm used to the piano keys. I run shock, curse, predator across q, w, e.
Dual bosses aren't really a downside specific to predator, you get the same single curse limitation with assassin's mark so it doesn't feel like an extra thing to keep track of.
Can't say I've found relics dying unless I hit reflect. But yeh I wouldn't recommend giving up meat shield if you're in early or mid stages of the build as they're a lot squishier then. This change is more for when you hit that uber endgame stage you've got in your main post.
I tested one thing - may be useful
Before receive ashes of star it's may be better to replace brutality with enchance. But this need some calculations with skill level activation.
After receiving ashes enchance is useless because we can't activate holy nova too fast

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional