[3.25] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] All content is done. PoB updated

Hey Fire, this build is great. Running it since league start and I think it is one of my faves.

Anyway, I was farming for headhunter so I could fully convert into MF build, and while I was doing that I had a damn mageblood drop.
Do you think Mageblood + Inspired learning would outperform Headhunter? Or would I be better off selling it, getting the headhunter, and with the change picking up a watchers eye with energy shield on hit (discipline) and crit strike chance (zealotry)?
"
7aurick escreveu:
Hey Fire, this build is great. Running it since league start and I think it is one of my faves.

Anyway, I was farming for headhunter so I could fully convert into MF build, and while I was doing that I had a damn mageblood drop.
Do you think Mageblood + Inspired learning would outperform Headhunter? Or would I be better off selling it, getting the headhunter, and with the change picking up a watchers eye with energy shield on hit (discipline) and crit strike chance (zealotry)?

That's a very hard question to answer. Mostly because I never tried how build feels with mageblood. So first lets just get Zealotry out of the way - the crit chance only affects you. Not your relics.

I'd say that mageblood is more powerful GENERALY simply because its always active. HH would be more powerful for MF. There are few things I can see that can be done with mageblood tho.

You could try to theorycraft and convert the build into CI+Melding with Aegis of Aurora. I don't recommend that, I think it's worse than what I got as a build in the guide, but its more consistent in terms of keeping you alive I guess. It also require a lot of investemnt, but can be a fun side project.

The idea of HH is that its also pretty much always active while mapping, and for the most part giving you speed and tankiness. Mageblood does the same, but you can also run bosses with it. Although it does tankiness worse because it doesn't give you +block chance or +max res and Chaos resist.

What you can do is change flasks a bit. First of all try to get one of the flasks with increased attack speed.

Then replace one of your elemental flasks (but not ruby) with Granite. I know its kinda weird, but you already have Dawnbreaker removing some elemental damage from you as well as Primal Aegis.

You can do the same with another elemental flasks and put in Chaos resist flask if you feel like you need it.

As my counclusion - I'd say HH is better for MF. It just gives too much random stats. But I'd try both if I were you. Run a bit with mageblood till you are bored of it, then sell it and try out HH. So for the next league you know what to aim for. And please do share the results :D

Oh and by the way HH doesn't work with IL. You will have to remove IL or it makes HH buffs last 20 seconds.

Also is there a reason you running Vixens instead of Asenath for clear? Or were you just bossing recently?

Última edição por Fire_Archer em 21 de jul de 2022 00:38:26
"
Fire_Archer escreveu:
"
7aurick escreveu:

That's a very hard question to answer. Mostly because I never tried how build feels with mageblood. So first lets just get Zealotry out of the way - the crit chance only affects you. Not your relics.

I'd say that mageblood is more powerful GENERALY simply because its always active. HH would be more powerful for MF. There are few things I can see that can be done with mageblood tho.

You could try to theorycraft and convert the build into CI+Melding with Aegis of Aurora. I don't recommend that, I think it's worse than what I got as a build in the guide, but its more consistent in terms of keeping you alive I guess. It also require a lot of investemnt, but can be a fun side project.

The idea of HH is that its also pretty much always active while mapping, and for the most part giving you speed and tankiness. Mageblood does the same, but you can also run bosses with it. Although it does tankiness worse because it doesn't give you +block chance or +max res and Chaos resist.

What you can do is change flasks a bit. First of all try to get one of the flasks with increased attack speed.

Then replace one of your elemental flasks (but not ruby) with Granite. I know its kinda weird, but you already have Dawnbreaker removing some elemental damage from you as well as Primal Aegis.

You can do the same with another elemental flasks and put in Chaos resist flask if you feel like you need it.

As my counclusion - I'd say HH is better for MF. It just gives too much random stats. But I'd try both if I were you. Run a bit with mageblood till you are bored of it, then sell it and try out HH. So for the next league you know what to aim for. And please do share the results :D

Oh and by the way HH doesn't work with IL. You will have to remove IL or it makes HH buffs last 20 seconds.

Also is there a reason you running Vixens instead of Asenath for clear? Or were you just bossing recently?

Thanks for the advice, I'll try some different things and see how it feels.
I typo'd there on the watchers eye and meant to write consecrated ground causes increased damage effect for zealotry, but as you can see I managed to pick one up cheap so I don't need to sell mageblood for it any more.

Yeh I knew about HH/IL interaction, it was half my thinking for selling the mage and getting HH instead, I'd be able to respec those points into something more useful and reclaim a jewel slot.

I was running Vixen's instead of asenath because I've been doing some bossing, and also the maps I've been running have been juiced beyond. It's been feeling a little more reliable for buffed beyond mobs to be able to hit them with assassin's mark, although I've made a few upgrades since I last tried so it might be better now.

Not much to report on how mageblood feels so far, I've been running it a couple days and it's very meme-like with the permanent movespeed buff. Uber elder is an absolute cakewalk and you can totally do it one handed while chatting on the phone. I'm trying uber cortex tonight, will let you know how I go (wasn't able to beat it pre-mageblood)
"
7aurick escreveu:

Looked over your build and here are few more tips you should do

1) Near IL, take int node to path to power charge instead. That way you will always have enough int and don't need to take Ancestral Knowledge, saving yourself 1 passive point.

2) Put that passive point into Shield mastery. +1 block per shield block.

3) Get Divergent Bone Offering.

That will put you to maxed out block even if you use Sentaris. But also good to have in case Dawnbreaker breaks once in a while.

4) Refund Block Mastery and put it either into +2 max spell block, or better yet into Life/Mana on block. (see later why)

5) Try to get rid of CB jewel. You can do it in multiple ways. You can either look for one of your unique jewels with CB, OR
You can add a Granite/Saphire flask with bleed removal instead of your Blood of the Karui.

But then how would you heal?

Use Intuitive Leap to get Recoup nodes (since you saved a jewel socket with CB). Combined with life on block, you might just not need healing flask.

Also feel free to use up Primordial Bond nodes to get more recoup. Those are not that great.

6) I highly recommend you to swap from Rote Reinforecement to Enduring composure, but its rather minor. Its better for bosses that way, but you might loose too much block.

Also, may I ask how in the world are you triggering your Bone offering that costs 77 mana, with 69 mana underserved? Geez. How are you not dead all the time?

Get Rote reinforcement/Enduring composure + Self-Control and unlock some mana!
Última edição por Fire_Archer em 21 de jul de 2022 22:56:07
"
Fire_Archer escreveu:
"
7aurick escreveu:

6) I highly recommend you to swap from Rote Reinforecement to Enduring composure, but its rather minor. Its better for bosses that way, but you might loose too much block.

Also, may I ask how in the world are you triggering your Bone offering that costs 77 mana, with 69 mana underserved? Geez. How are you not dead all the time?

wowww I don't know how I missed this, I've been running <77 mana for at least a week and hadn't even noticed. What can I say, with your revisions (lethe shade, dawnbreaker), plus the mageblood I guess the survivability is through the roof.
I switched to my other dawnbreaker with +1 socketed gem level to up my enlighten, that gives me 93 unreserved and brings back bone offering.

Managed to pick up a jewel with enduring composure + exploit weakness for more vulnerability curse effect, which I've picked up as a corrupt on my asenath's considering I had an extra curse going unused 95% of the time. It'll do until I can get one with three of the mods I want

"
Fire_Archer escreveu:

1) Near IL, take int node to path to power charge instead. That way you will always have enough int and don't need to take Ancestral Knowledge, saving yourself 1 passive point.

That will put you to maxed out block even if you use Sentaris. But also good to have in case Dawnbreaker breaks once in a while.

Good spot on that int node, I had to pick up the 30 when I switched to mage and I was a little annoyed about the wasted point.

For the point into +1 block per shield block, do you think this is needed with dawnbreaker? I'm up over 90% with that + the divergent bone offering.

"
Fire_Archer escreveu:

4) Refund Block Mastery and put it either into +2 max spell block, or better yet into Life/Mana on block. (see later why)

5) Try to get rid of CB jewel. You can do it in multiple ways. You can either look for one of your unique jewels with CB, OR
You can add a Granite/Saphire flask with bleed removal instead of your Blood of the Karui.

Use Intuitive Leap to get Recoup nodes (since you saved a jewel socket with CB). Combined with life on block, you might just not need healing flask.

Also feel free to use up Primordial Bond nodes to get more recoup. Those are not that great.

I'll let you know how it goes with ditching the health flask, should be interesting to try and see how much recoup you need to survive reliably.

Do you think the primordial bond is that bad? Contributes 2% PDR with anomalous chaos golem. If anything I was thinking add some more in
"
7aurick escreveu:
"
Fire_Archer escreveu:
"
7aurick escreveu:

wowww I don't know how I missed this, I've been running <77 mana for at least a week and hadn't even noticed. What can I say, with your revisions (lethe shade, dawnbreaker), plus the mageblood I guess the survivability is through the roof.
I switched to my other dawnbreaker with +1 socketed gem level to up my enlighten, that gives me 93 unreserved and brings back bone offering.

Managed to pick up a jewel with enduring composure + exploit weakness for more vulnerability curse effect, which I've picked up as a corrupt on my asenath's considering I had an extra curse going unused 95% of the time. It'll do until I can get one with three of the mods I want

"
Fire_Archer escreveu:

Good spot on that int node, I had to pick up the 30 when I switched to mage and I was a little annoyed about the wasted point.

For the point into +1 block per shield block, do you think this is needed with dawnbreaker? I'm up over 90% with that + the divergent bone offering.

"
Fire_Archer escreveu:

I'll let you know how it goes with ditching the health flask, should be interesting to try and see how much recoup you need to survive reliably.

Do you think the primordial bond is that bad? Contributes 2% PDR with anomalous chaos golem. If anything I was thinking add some more in

Well the block is more for Sentaris than anything, but by my observations Dawnbreaker can go down on averege... about about 5-8%. Can be more if you roll like fire damage on mosnters or something. Prolly less since you have ruby on mageblood, but its still nice to have a buffer.

Keep a good eye on bone offering. 90 mana might still not be enough, because you are constantly using attacks that consume mana, steelskin that consumes mana, and maybe punishment.

As for Primordial bound - yes. Its very trash. Its 2 PDR for 2 passive points. You can just grab life nodes instead that will give you +2% max life. But I'd still invest all in recoup, because recoup is the kind of thing that the more you have the more poreful it gets.

On top of that, you have A LOT of physical damage converted to elemental with Taste of Hate and Dawnbreaker, so you don't even need that much PDR to begin with. And with endurance composure you are permanently 4 endu charges.

Exploit weakness is another trash node - giving you about 2% more dps. Absolutely not worth it if you consider alternatives. If you wanna go curse - Evil eye is good for on hit curses, Victim Maker is best if you are bothering to handcast punishment. Or you can get extra Renewal. Or Fire attunement to remove burning ground and pick different pantheon. There are a lot of good options.

Great idea to use +1 skill gems corruption on Dawnbreaker. Would not cross my mind to do something like that. Guess I'm corrupting shield next league!

Also if you have Vulnerability on Asenath - its very very bad, because you are out of your curse limit.

Asenath will apply both vuln and temp chains, and that's 2/2 curses. You can't use Punishment that way.

Última edição por Fire_Archer em 22 de jul de 2022 13:37:09
"
Fire_Archer escreveu:

Well the block is more for Sentaris than anything, but by my observations Dawnbreaker can go down on averege... about about 5-8%. Can be more if you roll like fire damage on mosnters or something. Prolly less since you have ruby on mageblood, but its still nice to have a buffer.

Keep a good eye on bone offering. 90 mana might still not be enough, because you are constantly using attacks that consume mana, steelskin that consumes mana, and maybe punishment.

As for Primordial bound - yes. Its very trash. Its 2 PDR for 2 passive points. You can just grab life nodes instead that will give you +2% max life. But I'd still invest all in recoup, because recoup is the kind of thing that the more you have the more poreful it gets.

On top of that, you have A LOT of physical damage converted to elemental with Taste of Hate and Dawnbreaker, so you don't even need that much PDR to begin with. And with endurance composure you are permanently 4 endu charges.

Exploit weakness is another trash node - giving you about 2% more dps. Absolutely not worth it if you consider alternatives. If you wanna go curse - Evil eye is good for on hit curses, Victim Maker is best if you are bothering to handcast punishment. Or you can get extra Renewal. Or Fire attunement to remove burning ground and pick different pantheon. There are a lot of good options.

Great idea to use +1 skill gems corruption on Dawnbreaker. Would not cross my mind to do something like that. Guess I'm corrupting shield next league!

Also if you have Vulnerability on Asenath - its very very bad, because you are out of your curse limit.

Asenath will apply both vuln and temp chains, and that's 2/2 curses. You can't use Punishment that way.

I was planning to keep dawnbreaker tbh, I'm not sure the 8% quant would be worth the defensive losses switching away from dawnbreaker.

Bone offering seems to be up enough, I've checked a couple times mid fight and it's still there at least. I could look into self-control if it's not being reliable.

Switched primordial bond for recoup, I'll take it into a simulacrum and see how it goes.

Switched exploit weakness for Vicious Bite. Imported the build into PoB and it looks like this gives about the same dps boost as Renewal, except if I change back to brittle ground boots. Couldn't find a renewal + enduring composure on market so this will do for now.

I'm running vuln curse corrupt on my asenath's because tbh I forget to cast punishment on everything except bosses, so vuln on hit gives reliable damage boost throughout maps and regular map bosses melt either way. I switch to vixen's if I'm fighting a heavy boss or a metamorph pops me.
I just had a voices drop from simulacrum. Any idea where I would spend 300ex? :o
I'm just using it atm because I can't find a jewel with enduring composure + doedre's gluttony, but it's very inefficient to do in terms of currency and skill points.
"
7aurick escreveu:
I just had a voices drop from simulacrum. Any idea where I would spend 300ex? :o
I'm just using it atm because I can't find a jewel with enduring composure + doedre's gluttony, but it's very inefficient to do in terms of currency and skill points.

Look at this guy, wasting all the next league luck.

Empower 5 is my suggestion. Can also try out 4 or 5 Slum Lord Timelss jewel. Just to make things really dumb.
"
Fire_Archer escreveu:
"
7aurick escreveu:

Look at this guy, wasting all the next league luck.

Empower 5 is my suggestion. Can also try out 4 or 5 Slum Lord Timelss jewel. Just to make things really dumb.

xD

I like to think of it as the start of a long streak of luck earned from thousands of hours of terrible drops.

Slum lord looks really good, but I think it'll be a real challenge to find a jewel with the right seed. Played around in PoB for like 20 minutes and the best seed I found only rolled 2 slum lord. I'll probably just go with the empower 5 for now.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional