[3.25] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] All content is done. PoB updated

I'd play this one again, sad to say I only found it this league so I couldn't experience it in its prime.

Still, I had a good enough time with it when not bossing that I'd play this again since it doesn't seem like anything gutted it, plus Vaal flicker might make the build more interesting.
Is this build going to work in 3.20 or still meme?
"
Nausyria escreveu:
Is this build going to work in 3.20 or still meme?

Always has been.

But to answer the question fully I'd wait for patch notes, 20/20 gems, skill tree and PoB update.

For now, however, I could make some predictions as well as share my experience with the build in 3.19

1) Damage

Damage ceiling is low. Its a minion build and it lost about 3x of damage, capping out around 9-10 mills DPS with realistic gear.

At the same time, the damage on Uber Uber bosses didn't change a whole lot. I still comfortably did ubers, just as before. The regular bosses were not a problem either.

Its a weird middle ground of super juices rolled bosses that was an issue. Things like invitations or modded Eater/Exharch.

With new Curses being buffed the damage will not grow a whole bunch. You might roughly get 15-20% DPS boosts but those things need to be ironed out.

You will also lose +2 all skill amulet that you could have in Kalandra, so the damage won't change combined with curses. The new way to get power is Relics (lol they are also called relics) there might be something there for minions.

When it comes to mapping - the damage ceiling doesn't matter as much. Build will blow up t16 packs no problem.

Archnemesis mobs are gone, but we don't know what replaces them. They were not a huge problem to the build, but getting rid of physical reduction on almost every enemy could smooth out the experience a lot. Especially at early stages.

Some unique jewels will be a lot harder/easier to find? Who knows. Fortress covenant - one of the core jewels - now comes from the corruption outcome. That means you won't be able to buy it from someone who randomly dropped one, but maybe just spend your vaal orbs and gain jewels you don't need for selling, or get lucky.

2) Tankiness
Unchanged. Still can facetank Uber Shaper slam. Still can mitigate a bunch with block, convert incoming damage to elemental and not give a care in a world after getting set of forbidden jewels for Elemental Aegis.

3) Comfortability.
Its still a very comfy build that can be pushed to do any content.
The fact that I played for about a week or so, and got to level 97 should speak for itself.

Early game was crippled by multiple factors, but mostly by Archnemesis. If that thing is gone for good - the early mapping will be smooth.
On top of that, discoveries of 3.19 lets you to bust out an early Animate Guardian that will make you immune to elemental ailments and provide a decent damage boost.

Further reduction to map rewards might mean that delve is much more attractive and this build excels in doing tight linear spaces or holding a point. So naturally its a decent delver. Toxic Sewers is back too - can farm for blight. Harbies got a boost. The build is decent at doing those.

Overall lots of comfortable stuff coming our way.

The new league itself might not be so comfy. While you don't need to stand at one spot like melee build, you still have to be melee range. GGG said melee range you take less resolve damage, but we gotta see how it will go.

In conclusion

I think the build gonna be at least OKAY with potential to be GOOD. Most likely not gonna be GREAT, as before you could easily reach 30 mill dps.

Worst case scenario - you are still a witch and can reroll into elementalist or occultist without need to level a new character.

And finally
Vaal Flicker Strike.
25 attacks.
No cost.
Increased attack speed.
You deal no damage (but your minions do)
Cant wait to try it out.

I will be pushing this build as per usual and list the progress in info posts/comments.

I might update the main post closer to patch notes if I get an insparation. Like I said - the changes are minor. Hope you had a good read.

Also, while we are at it - some feedback on what to add/remove to the main post to make it more informative and readble is welcome.
Última edição por Fire_Archer em 5 de dez de 2022 10:07:46
Updated Gems Gear and Passives to 3.19/3.20
Somewhat updated PoB to 3.19/3.20
League is starting soon, so before that few words.

I will be starting the build as usual and push it to the uber bosses.

I will try to regulary update the thread with comments about my progression including gear, AG gear and PoB

Any questions you wanna ask - feel free, I will be peeking at forums once in a while, mostly during updates.

Few things about itemization
Spoiler

There certainly will be adjustments due to aura buffs and Archnemesis changes.
Keep an eye on the updates, but for now I can say that in 3.19 small cluster jewels with aura reservation notables were very useful. Hold on onto those if you find any.

In 3.20 curses might get a returns and 2-3 curse setup might comeback. In addition things that provide curse Effect will be rather strong.

Items like The Jinxed Juju, Vixen's Entrapment and even Dying Breath might turn out to be BiS for the build so hold on to those as well.

Few words about Animate Guardian
Spoiler

I will try to bust out an early AG as soon as I get my second lab and core AG items.

I'm not sure if it will even work, so don't do that yourself unless you are confident enough.

The plan is to use Daresso's Courage to have maximum block on AG forever. Sign of the Sin Eater to gain ailment immunity early on. Zahndethus' Cassock to poop out conc ground on every block for healing and bunch of chaos resist.

As listed above - Dying Breath later on can be a huge deal.
Especially since Kingmaker is rumored to be mageblood rarity.
But even so there is a replacement option - Reaper's Pursuit - it grants 'hits can't be evaded' and 'culling strike' making sure your AG will cull bosses for you. A worse option to be sure, but easily obtainable.

That would be it. See you(or not) at league starts. And enjoy new art cover, masterfully crafted by your's trully.
League start went well, even though I'm not to happy with the game.

Rare mobs are still taking longer to kill than unique map bosses (???)
Resolve getting drained while in melee range is absurd and will get even worse once I switch to flicker I fear.

But anyway, acts are done and I have to take a break instead of pushing maps.
Used SRS as per usual - here is the leveing build https://pastebin.com/2tr1M59P

Next stop - transition to relics, build early AG and push maps. Hope you all having more fun than I do.

Current AG setup

AG holding pretty well in yellow maps.

Vaal flicker strike is bugged and causes maps to crash with the rubber band of your inventory and map compleation. Be careful when using it even though its super fun.

Will try to record the video of the clear as soon as I can.
Última edição por Fire_Archer em 10 de dez de 2022 07:53:09
Day 0 and day 1 vides added to the main post

Day 0 mapping.
Day 1 mapping.
So whats it like in the new league mechanic. It looks like it punishes close combate builds.
"
Rites escreveu:
So whats it like in the new league mechanic. It looks like it punishes close combate builds.

For league mechanic - pic related. I can't say much tho because I didn't interact wit hit enough. I think with enough damage investement though it can delete enemies fast enough to not get hit, including bosses. + once vaal flicker gets fixed it'll get even better.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional