Hot take: Necropolis League is actually GREAT...

Okay, been away for a couple of days, let's see what I missed.

"
Sazzbot escreveu:
Hot Take: You are allowed to like this league. But if you feel you need validation from the community, well, i hope you recieved some.

It's not that I felt any need for validation, and more that I was pretty sure that there were people playing the game who were having fun this league, and who were being drowned out by the negativity of the forums. I've seen quite a few of them in this thread, so apparently I was right about that. And yes, it does feel pretty good to know that other people are having fun with the league. Because they're having fun with their game, which is a generally good thing, and also kinda the point of games.

"
jorgels escreveu:
so casuals being casuals and envying people that actually take the game to its utmost form. Nothing new here.

Still with the trade problems...

"
Aynix escreveu:
"
Johny_Snow escreveu:
Don't blame the players, blame the game

Doesnt really matter whos fault it is. It leaves bitter taste for everyone, thats why they are leaving.

... and more trade problems...

"
zhibg escreveu:
Most broken legue ever. I quit it on day 10 after saw proof that for 10 days there were 635 mirrors found. I doubt i'll even try the next one. Such a disappointment for the casual players.

... aaaannnnd more trade problems.

Also:
"
zhibg escreveu:
Almost looks like they pushing players away from POE1 so they can wait for POE2.. what a shame.

I don't know what you're talking about here. GGG is still taking some pretty big swings with PoE1, actively working to shake things up and keep the game fresh. That's the opposite of them saving all their good ideas for PoE2.

Speaking of which...

"
didira escreveu:
GGG take some pretty hard risks with Path of Exile.
But it works; good or bad.

I just like making stuff. Crafting it.
And it's done here better than anywhere else by a ridiculous amount; up against multi-billion games companies, like they see nothing in PoE worth ripping off.

Yeah, the state of AAA gaming is a whole other thing right now, innit? I do love that GGG are still willing to take some big swings, though, and that they aren't saving all of them for PoE2. Pretty good sign that PoE1 is going to be actively developed for the foreseeable.

"
ziggro escreveu:
Requiring an spreadsheet and hours alt tabbed of a game of setting up a craft is not good gameplay, dont change my mind.

I've seen a few variations of this comment. You do know that you don't have to play that way, right? Yes, I know that Craft of Exile is a thing, and I saw ZiggyD's video about it, but Necropolis's crafting is pretty intuitive. It's the first crafting mechanic in some time that doesn't need external resources to use. Those things are options, not requirements.

Por ejemplo...

"
BerkanaMunk escreveu:
Honestly, I just liked the fact right before I entered mapping, I was able to craft a 5 link without trading. Didn't require me using all of my resources or doing anything insane. I was able to create something usable for my build, wasn't the most insane craft, but aided me in just playing the game.

Nice!
#ssf_is_better
#make_necropolis_core
#make_melee_better
SC trade is the game. EVerything else is just side version added so people can circlejerk "how good they are" because they play SSF/HC/Ruthless or what not.
If league is shit for SC trade players, the league is shit overall.
Última edição por Aynix em 17 de abr de 2024 13:39:20
"
Aynix escreveu:
SC trade is the game. EVerything else is just side version added so people can circlejerk "how good they are" because they play SSF/HC/Ruthless or what not.
If league is shit for SC trade players, the league is shit overall.

Let's set the ridiculous "circlejerk" comment aside for a moment, and deal with the assertion that "SC trade is the game."

Yes, GGG have consistently incentivized trade as the primary means of engaging with PoE1, while heavily disincentivizing trade-free play. If you'd bothered to read the first post in the thread, my whole point was:
a) that this is indeed the status quo, and
b) that this status quo is frustrating for just about everybody.

People asking for a better-balanced trade-free experience are currently having a worse experience with the game because the way they prefer to play is discouraged by the game's incentive structure. People asking for better trade-fuelled experience are currently having a worse experience with the game because the game incentives, which heavily favour trade, are in conflict with this league's content, which doesn't.

And GGG are having to deal with a player community who are immediately ENRAGED if the game changes, and also ENRAGED if the game never changes; who immediately take to the forums and Reddit claiming DEAD GAME DEAD GAME if GGG don't shake up the meta, and also if they do shake up the meta; and on, and on, and on.

The status quo is frustrating, and nobody should simply say, "Well, that's just the way it is," as if that's an adequate or acceptable answer. It's really not adequate, it's really not acceptable, and it's really not necessary. Especially not now.

Mark 1 and Jonathan have both repeatedly said in recent interviews that they're open to making necessary changes to the game in order to fix problems, even if that means changing things that they'd previously been reluctant to touch. No more excuses, they're both saying; a change being hard isn't allowed to be an excuse anymore to not fix a thing.

RIGHT NOW is when they might be open to making changes to some of this stuff. SC trade doesn't have to be the entire game. It can go back to being only part of the game, a part that only needs to be engaged with by people who enjoy it, while people who don't enjoy trading can enjoy the game's content without having to deal with all the drama comes from the game's economy. Drama that erupts every single league for the simple reason that there's no way for GGG to keep SC trade at the centre of the experience and still keep all of their players happy and engaged.

If GGG want people to engage with PoE2's content, then they should be wanting to fix this... and the time to fix this is now, before PoE2 launches. And if they're going to fix it for PoE2, then maybe they should think about fixing it for PoE1 while they're at it. Fixing this issue might even free up some design space to make the trade experience better, too, since doing so won't automatically negatively impact people who aren't trading.

Yes, right now, SC trade is dominating the experience for everybody, including people who'd rather it wasn't. That kinda sucks. But it doesn't have to be that way. It's possible for all of this to be better. And we know that because there's a recent example of an ARPG that did it better in the market right now. If Eleventh Hour Games could figure this out, then so can Grinding Gear Games.

They have the tools, and they have the talent. All they need is the will bring them to bear.
#ssf_is_better
#make_necropolis_core
#make_melee_better
Última edição por Waitubold em 18 de abr de 2024 01:46:36
My huge rant aside... Necropolis is still fun, PoE1 is still fun, and I'm still looking forward to PoE2. Yes, the over-focus on SC trade can be frustrating at times, but the fun is still in there to be had. All you need is the right mind-set.

(It can still be even better, though.)
#ssf_is_better
#make_necropolis_core
#make_melee_better
Última edição por Waitubold em 18 de abr de 2024 06:30:33
"
Nomancs escreveu:
What they’re saying is it requites xx websites, yy spreadsheets and zz external tools, and that is false. They either never tried it or have very little knowledge about items, or both. If they don’t like it - thats fine, just don’t mislead others.

I hate the interface, the wohle idea of the cemetry is annoying, of course I use it, but everytime i fickle around with the corpse search, the graves I get annoyed
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
"
tsunamikun escreveu:
"
Nomancs escreveu:
What they’re saying is it requites xx websites, yy spreadsheets and zz external tools, and that is false. They either never tried it or have very little knowledge about items, or both. If they don’t like it - thats fine, just don’t mislead others.

I hate the interface, the wohle idea of the cemetry is annoying, of course I use it, but everytime i fickle around with the corpse search, the graves I get annoyed

The UI is a little clunky. I keep clicking on graves (both empty and occupied) just navigating the cemetary, and I can't decide if that means the graves are just too close together? Moving them further apart would mean more walking around, though. Either way, the UI would certainly benefit from some more tinkering. I said that I liked it, not that it was perfect.

Out of curiosity... what about the "wohle idea of the cemetry" do you find so annoying? Is it just the UI, or is there something else about the concept that grinds your gears?
#ssf_is_better
#make_necropolis_core
#make_melee_better
"
Aynix escreveu:
No. Why? Because as soon you start ignoring the actual league mechanic and focus on "core game", the game becomes more fun. That is the clearest sign the league is shit.

Very much this.
General discussion gaming forums are almost always a cesspit of ignorance and trolls.
"
Waitubold escreveu:

People asking for a better-balanced trade-free experience are currently having a worse experience with the game because the way they prefer to play is discouraged by the game's incentive structure. People asking for better trade-fuelled experience are currently having a worse experience with the game because the game incentives, which heavily favour trade, are in conflict with this league's content, which doesn't.

And GGG are having to deal with a player community who are immediately ENRAGED if the game changes, and also ENRAGED if the game never changes; who immediately take to the forums and Reddit claiming DEAD GAME DEAD GAME if GGG don't shake up the meta, and also if they do shake up the meta; and on, and on, and on.

The status quo is frustrating, and nobody should simply say, "Well, that's just the way it is," as if that's an adequate or acceptable answer. It's really not adequate, it's really not acceptable, and it's really not necessary. Especially not now.

Mark 1 and Jonathan have both repeatedly said in recent interviews that they're open to making necessary changes to the game in order to fix problems, even if that means changing things that they'd previously been reluctant to touch. No more excuses, they're both saying; a change being hard isn't allowed to be an excuse anymore to not fix a thing.

Changes can be good, no one can deny that.
However, GGG are destroying the core parts of the game.
The core-parts that has been previous league mechanics, and balanced over that league.
The game was the best, now they are destroying it ??
Player customisation of character is being taken away and now a feeling micro-managed and forced to do particular mechanics to keep up with trade and meta, it is a very bad thing.

syndicate crafting removed
lab crafting removed
LMB removed
master missions removed
badly implemented scarabs
gate locked bosses on t17 maps
the list goes on and on.....

What a shit-show GGG have made of POE, its disappointing.
Última edição por wi5pa1 em 19 de abr de 2024 04:50:02
"
Angrybagel escreveu:
"
Aynix escreveu:
No. Why? Because as soon you start ignoring the actual league mechanic and focus on "core game", the game becomes more fun. That is the clearest sign the league is shit.

Very much this.

+1
However they are destroying the core parts of the game now too,
so the fun runs out very fast,

GGG have taken POE backwards...
Última edição por wi5pa1 em 19 de abr de 2024 04:48:46
"
Waitubold escreveu:
"
tsunamikun escreveu:
"
Nomancs escreveu:

The UI is a little clunky. I keep clicking on graves (both empty and occupied) just navigating the cemetary, and I can't decide if that means the graves are just too close together? Moving them further apart would mean more walking around, though. Either way, the UI would certainly benefit from some more tinkering. I said that I liked it, not that it was perfect.

Out of curiosity... what about the "wohle idea of the cemetry" do you find so annoying? Is it just the UI, or is there something else about the concept that grinds your gears?

The cemetery as the crafting station. I understand that they wanted to set the theme, but there is a lot of visual clutter in there. Clutter i don't care about after witnessing it once. We also get slots for corpses (60 lol) which are less then one complete craft (86?) as locker. the rest must be managed in stash. If you want to find a corpse in the 60 you have a search which resets every time you plant the corpse etc pp. and most annoy are the large markers of corpses in maps. I mean wtf, they overlay currency on the ground and also obscure mechanics on the battlefield. gosh i love 3 corpses dropping in the heat of a pack with bosses etc in between and overlooking the slam animation, because -1 explicit modifier is more important. i could go on, but lets stop here ^
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional