The truth about RMT and Botting

Personally, I think the people who buy off RMT sites are far more scummy than those who run it.

Every time someone does this, they are basically saying "I don't give a fuck about the economy of the game I'm playing, as long as I get want I want now."

I would LOVE to see that anyone caught with a single RMT item has their account flushed. Sure, they can make a new one, but they have to start over from scratch with an empty stash.

Don't buy from RMT sites. If you do, you are a selfish prick. There, said it.
In a very grind heavy game the death penalty equates to...more grinding.
"
TheSwampDog escreveu:
Personally, I think the people who buy off RMT sites are far more scummy than those who run it.

Every time someone does this, they are basically saying "I don't give a fuck about the economy of the game I'm playing, as long as I get want I want now."

I would LOVE to see that anyone caught with a single RMT item has their account flushed. Sure, they can make a new one, but they have to start over from scratch with an empty stash.

Well, ruining a game's economy and operating modern day slavery aren't exactly comparable in my book. But you're right, whoever buys off RMT sites is a douche.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion escreveu:
"
TheSwampDog escreveu:

Well, ruining a game's economy and operating modern day slavery aren't exactly comparable in my book. But you're right, whoever buys off RMT sites is a douche.
Do not blame the generic customers for the services they buy. The reasons behind their desperation may be beyond their control or purehearted. As someone here said they RMT'd to give their guild gifts. This isn't the first time I've head of RMT to do "good" because in-game resources took too long to acquire and real money was simply more plentiful.

It isn't as if it's expensive for such one-time feats.

The only people who are the bastards are the constant customers and the botters / slavers / evil men of evil themselves.
Última edição por blackkid em 15 de jun de 2013 10:07:03
I feel like part of the problem is due to all orbs not having a vendor recipe or in game exchange rate. When you look at the currencies that have vendor rates you can see that for the most part they have stayed stable & rather than go to all the effort to trade for higher orbs you just go to the vendor as & when you need them.

If all orbs had a vendor rate then we wouldn't see shit like we have seen in Default where over the space of 2 weeks chaos went from 15:1 Ex to 45+:1 Ex. That change happened when poeex was sold to RMT & they controlled the market with their site because this community was dependant on that sire for currency ratios.

If we have vendor rates for all currency 3rd party sites couldn't set exchange rates for orbs & control the high orb market.
"
Ozgwald escreveu:
Atm you need too much farming for viability, not farming for over-gearing. This is an issue, because farm determines if your progress not how fast you will progress. Farm should be speed related and not a hurdle to take.

It would be nice to use the orbs what they are meant for which is crafting and not trading. Currently the top does the most crafting, than trade downwards to casuals to occasional players, who are better off trading their currency with the hand downs from the top. Occasionally RNG hits somewhere and you actually get good gear yourself to trade for orbs or to keep.

Currently on onslaught I am stuck at cruel a bit. I will get past, but I am in a risky spot where I am still stuck with a weapon I found 20 levels ago (good weapon, but I need an upgrade). 1st it was like wooosh.... and now it feels like fighting in a tar pit, eventually you get fed up with the struggle and give up from fatigue, joining the other fossils.

Spot on, orbs are just currency for casuals nothing more and that is unfair.

Yes. People who play more should be rewarded.
Yes. No lifers should (no brainer) have better gear ect.
No. Casual players shouldn't be total gimps in shit gear be ause RNG blows and using orbs is wasteful. This makes the game not fun.

We need a real solution to RMT and botting. Here's one for all us no life's... Imagine if all the casuals just left like they did in D2. The game would die. It has to end... This RMT/botting. Look at world of Warcraft 12 million players in 2012 7 million now.. Their casuals are leaving (there are other factors too)
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe
IGN: DarkenedSoui
Última edição por ShaeG em 15 de jun de 2013 10:28:58
"
ShaeG escreveu:
"
Ozgwald escreveu:
Atm you need too much farming for viability, not farming for over-gearing. This is an issue, because farm determines if your progress not how fast you will progress. Farm should be speed related and not a hurdle to take.

It would be nice to use the orbs what they are meant for which is crafting and not trading. Currently the top does the most crafting, than trade downwards to casuals to occasional players, who are better off trading their currency with the hand downs from the top. Occasionally RNG hits somewhere and you actually get good gear yourself to trade for orbs or to keep.

Currently on onslaught I am stuck at cruel a bit. I will get past, but I am in a risky spot where I am still stuck with a weapon I found 20 levels ago (good weapon, but I need an upgrade). 1st it was like wooosh.... and now it feels like fighting in a tar pit, eventually you get fed up with the struggle and give up from fatigue, joining the other fossils.

Spot on, orbs are just currency for casuals nothing more and that is unfair.

Yes. People who play more should be rewarded.
Yes. No lifers should (no brainer) have better gear ect.
No. Casual players shouldn't be total gimps in shit gear be ause RNG blows and using orbs is wasteful.

We need a real solution to RMT and botting. Here's one for all us no life's... Imagine if all the casuals just left like they did in D2. The game would die. It has to end.

Considering equipment drop rates do not lower no matter where you are upgrading is a matter of just grinding a twinge in an area that has sufficient level where you are sufficiently strong enough to do so with IIR gear. The fact that you, the player, gets frustrated is not a reflection on the game and it's components, namely the orbs, because there are threads here all the time about how people have use thousands of orbs and gotten nothing at all. The currency isn't your problem.
Finding viable IIR gear is a feat of its own.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe
IGN: DarkenedSoui
I think the game wouldn't lose anything by throwing orbs at players. Yes, it would be easier to craft items but at least you can try 50 different builds in a given time instead of 2 or 3. Would be so much more fun if orbs where worthless and could be crafted almost infinitely. Just make merciless 10 times harder so that you need to create good builds, based on awesome items.

my 2 and a half cents

€: farming is what drove me away from D3. Its the freedom to create builds is what made me favor PoE. I hate farming.
Última edição por Hurrz em 15 de jun de 2013 10:36:44
I hate captchas....

They are only going to ban REAL players because 99.999999% of people cannot read captchas.

I mean they tell you to spell words THAT ARE NOT WORDS.

What the fk is:

Asdfwerjwe ASFwerewrwer
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
The truth is RMT customers make you all jelly because they gain advantage you cannot get without paying the money. Some people have money, some people have time. Only the ones that have loaded parents can have both. RMT users are not doing anything shameful or harmful, illegal. It's the RMT company that does that. It would be the same if you would say "I hate the drug addicts, or the guy smoking pot more then the drug cartels". This is what we have in modern mmos - we punish the RMT clients, while the cartel continues to exist, not giving a shit. I'm surprised how many of you can live with said logic. All you have to do to make the RMT business go away is to make it less profitable. Those guys are working for a bowl of rice anyway. One of the ways is limiting rng for the first few levels and boosting the orb drops in harder maps. Another - active gm and a gm report button. A guy that will ban ip adresses/machine names of accounts advertising RMT.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional