Upcoming 0.11.5 microtransaction effect - Infernal Anger Aura

The flying skull looks... weird. I'm actually thinking that, should the other auras have such MTX, stacking them will look really ugly. I actually like the new style, but they would look nicer if they complemented each other (thinking about one of those celtic circle things...)

Anyway, curious to hear more about this new support gem
I see where you are coming from.
Im fine with the new Aura effects that you are selling but have the replaced standard auras to look so bad ?
I know this gives the incentive to buy the Transactions but when the default look of the auras is so bad you dont do yourself a favour.
You have a great comunity im not sure if they (we) deserve this.
You have to remember to chase and catch your dreams, because if you don't, your imagination will live in empty spaces, and that's nowhere land.
Typically horrible PR & MTX choice by GGG. You guys really suck at making money. This game could have so much more capital if you guys knew anything about marketing.

"
Chris escreveu:
Due to popular request
But please don't lie to us, that is embarrassing.
I think what'd look badass would be the regular anger aura as it looks now, except the flat lava-like look is a thicker streak orbitting the player, and red-white sparks and little founts of lava or demonic flaming face or sumk occasionally spring up/swim through it, like some portal into an infernal realm that the aura is tapping into. I don't know but there is something underwhelming about this aura effect. Maybe it looks better in-game.
This looks even worse than what we have now. I would pay for the old auras, but not for this.
IGN: Noobslayer
"
DeathFauX escreveu:
Personally I think it would look much better if instead of circling the player, the skull went over the shoulders. ie over right shoulder > diagonally down chest to left waist > up back to left shoulder > diagonally down shoulder to right waist > up back to right shoulder. or something like that. That might be just me though.

The skull should be able to talk also.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
Some of the old auras were nice. Purity running over Haste was lovely and I even pushed Haste onto my duelist just cause I liked the combo. But over all it looked stupid, when you look back at videos of the old game all you can see if a dark screen with 6 massive clusterfucks of blue and green light flying around, it wasnt right, didnt fit the game.

I think before they did a good job of hiding the bad looking game beneath. Now I feel like the game is starting to actually look really strong, I dont cringe at my characters before the auras go up and the helmet microtrans goes on, I dont even use my helmet microtransactions any more, I love how my characters look for the most*.

I think the art guys at GGG are doing an amazing job. I feel engaged by how the game looks now, Im a graphic designer so Im maybe more into the look than most but for me the game feels like a joy to play. The effects are fantastic, the fire, the smoking icecubes left behind by cold crit obliteration of packs, it looks amazing. I like the new auras, theyre maybe a bit sparse and Im not the biggest fan of purity but theyre so much better than before. I think this microtrans looks sick.

Might have been an idea to release it back when people could still anger though :D. New support, sounds good, blood aura gem? Think about it, go on chris you know you want to.

*astral plate and chilled bloodrage need to go though
"
Mythicpoe escreveu:
I see what you guys did, remove the awesome looking auras - replace them with dull shit looking ones, then redo the auras so they look even more awesome and then put them as a micro-transaction. Great.

I mean, I wouldn't give two shits if you guys actually had the old auras as an optional setting, I even asked Chris about this awhile ago, guess we're just going to have to pay to look cool!

disagree the last aura are from amine ... run with anger,dis,det and I fell like a christmas tree
Wise words buff -> balance <- nerf , need to happen , deal with it
"
Mythicpoe escreveu:
guess we're just going to have to pay to look cool!

Congratulations on figuring out the entire point behind their cosmetic micro transaction strategy!

Oh wait.. didn't they release a ton of graphic improvements to uniques/helms/chest etc.. for free? Now I am all confused.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
"
lethal_papercut escreveu:
Typically horrible PR & MTX choice by GGG. You guys really suck at making money. This game could have so much more capital if you guys knew anything about marketing.

"
Chris escreveu:
Due to popular request
But please don't lie to us, that is embarrassing.

1. They released an optional effect to an aura.
2. They have released a lot of free graphic updates - helms/uniques/chests etc.. so your "PR" babble is nonsensical.
3. If you know so much about marketing, tell us all about marketing instead of throwing out statements without any proof.
4. Making auras prettier has been a popular request.
5. Try to be less condescending

Thanks.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional